Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

smartthings lost sensor still online

Options
  • 18-10-2018 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭

Ok I've lost a smartthings motion sensor.

Battery is at 44 percent. It's online and 18 degrees. Not detecting motion
    Anyone any smart ways to narrow the search ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭itzme

Could you create an action for it to play something on a speaker when there is motion and walk around the house?

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭SemperFidelis

turn the heating off/on room by room

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Is the problem that you have several, in known locations, but one is almost out of battery, and you don't know which? Or you have physically misplaced it? If the former, then maybe zap them in turn with a hairdryer and watch for temp rises

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

kenmc wrote:
    Is the problem that you have several, in known locations, but one is almost out of battery, and you don't know which? Or you have physically misplaced it? If the former, then maybe zap them in turn with a hairdryer and watch for temp rises

I've only one , battery at 44 per just can't find it in the house. It fell off it's holder

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Speaking of batteries, where's the best place to get them? I bought a couple of sensors second hand during the week and unfortunately the batteries had died.

I tried Tesco, Boots, EuroGiant and the Range. None of them had the size of battery, let alone Duracell/Panasonic ones. (Does it have to be one of those brands?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I tried Tesco, Boots, EuroGiant and the Range. None of them had the size of battery, let alone Duracell/Panasonic ones. (Does it have to be one of those brands?)

It does, because of the shape of the battery. Others will be very similar but wont make proper contact with the contact in the sensors housing.

https://www.duracelldirect.ie/pno/dl2450.html

Advertisement