Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fence with gate

Options
  • 19-10-2018 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi, I want to get a fence built at the entrance to my garden. It will be approximately 22 feet from the house to the boundary wall and I would need a gate. I want the fence for security and privacy. I was thinking about a wooden fence 6ft high but am looking for any advice forum members could offer. Also how much would it cost approximately to get this built? I am in Castlebar in Mayo.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,072 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Gate: €150
    Fence panels are about €15-40/sqm, so €100-€250.
    Another €100 for fence posts, €100 for base boards.
    Plus postcrete or spikes or whatever if you want to do that. Or just bash the posts into the ground with a post basher.

So what's that, maybe €600-700 + labour?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Arist

Thanks Lumen and apologies for delay in replying. Do you know anyone in Mayo area who could do this for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,072 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Arist wrote: »
    Thanks Lumen and apologies for delay in replying. Do you know anyone in Mayo area who could do this for me?
    Nope, sorry! I'm the other side of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Arist

Thanks

Advertisement