Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physio with experience working with cyclists

Options
  • 19-10-2018 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a physio who is a good problem solver used to working with cyclists.
    I have had a couple of professional bike fits done so I have no interest in exploring that option any further.
    I am based in Dublin, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Get In There

Can anyone recommend a physio who is a good problem solver used to working with cyclists.
    I have had a couple of professional bike fits done so I have no interest in exploring that option any further.
    I am based in Dublin, thanks.

Pat Halpin out in Skerries. He's a keen cyclist with Swords CC so he knows his stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭dooverylittle

Great, thank you.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Used to go to Pearse Street Physio when I had issues. They've a few Physios, but if you get the main guy Aidan, you'll not go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Weepsie wrote: »
    Used to go to Pearse Street Physio when I had issues. They've a few Physios, but if you get the main guy Aidan, you'll not go wrong.

+1 for Aidan Woods, a preventative type physio so once he identifies the problem and you follow his advise you shouldn't need to see much more of him. Think he mountain bikes himself also.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

He used to do Triathlon (I don't hold that against him). I didn't actually get Aidan, I got another guy who now has his own practice in blanchardstown. James Sherry was his name, a GAA player and I found him excellent too.

https://somertonphysio.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

Aidan Woods @ Pearse St. Physio or Aidan Hammond @ Bike Fitting Ireland, just outside Bray.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

I've had a good experience with Ailbe McCormack in Ranelagh Physio. Sorted me out after a bad crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Rather than create a new thread i hope its ok to ask if anyone knows of any GP who would be good at these sort of issues. I need a GP as i am a VHI member and am 90% certain ill need an MRI. MRI is only covered under referral from a consultant or GP (had been seeing a therapist for a good while who states ill need an MRI to get any further - bad clicking in knee!)

Any Dublin GPs of that nature anyone care to recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

John Duignan in Stillorgan Medical Centre is a keen cyclist. As to whether he'd meet your exact needs, I can't say, but you might give him a try?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,210 ✭✭✭Junior

Bambaata wrote: »
    Rather than create a new thread i hope its ok to ask if anyone knows of any GP who would be good at these sort of issues. I need a GP as i am a VHI member and am 90% certain ill need an MRI. MRI is only covered under referral from a consultant or GP (had been seeing a therapist for a good while who states ill need an MRI to get any further - bad clicking in knee!)

Any Dublin GPs of that nature anyone care to recommend?

You might give Keith a shout Eddie, he'd probably best know someone who'd be able to help...

Your DS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭midonogh

+1 on Pat Halpin. He has sorted out a number of niggles for me. Takes appointments late into the evening, 8 or 9pm, which is helpful if like me you cannot get out during work

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

midonogh wrote: »
    +1 on Pat Halpin. He has sorted out a number of niggles for me. Takes appointments late into the evening, 8 or 9pm, which is helpful if like me you cannot get out during work

Think he used to be my principal in secondary school. Always seemed a good egg, glad to see he escaped the nightmare that is the teaching sector

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

Mickey laverty here in Dundalk. I know it's about up the road from you. He's been working with team sky fir the past couple of seasons.

Advertisement