Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Munster vs Gloucester, Sat 20th Oct 1pm, VM One / BT Sport 2

1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

Anybody want to see my school tie?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

I feel like my IQ may have dropped after reading the last few pages which is particularly concerning given I was barely in triple digit territory beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Heymans

Faugheen wrote: »
    Give me reasons why POM won't lose his place if he continues to give away 3 penalties a game?

Any player who does that is going to be under pressure. It's a fact.

If he had no competition I'd absolutely get it, but Ruddock is playing at an exceptionally high level and, as we've seen before, Joe is happy to drop players due to ill-discipline if he knows he has someone who can come into the side without affecting it overall.

You can tell me that POM won't lose his place all you want, but the amount of penalties he's giving away is worrying and I've already said I'd be interested to see if he's better disciplined in a green jersey. I'm not convinced by JVG and it could well be something isn't well in the Munster camp, because it is out of character.

Don't make this a provincial ****e. I've raised a very valid point and, true to your previous form from your multiple accounts over the years, you have nothing to say only smart-hole comments.

You are saying he will likely be dropped. It’s there in black and white mate. Perhaps you should re read your posts before refuting you said anything - it makes you look like a goon

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Heymans wrote: »
    Give me reasons why POM won't lose his place if he continues to give away 3 penalties a game?

Any player who does that is going to be under pressure. It's a fact.

If he had no competition I'd absolutely get it, but Ruddock is playing at an exceptionally high level and, as we've seen before, Joe is happy to drop players due to ill-discipline if he knows he has someone who can come into the side without affecting it overall.

You can tell me that POM won't lose his place all you want, but the amount of penalties he's giving away is worrying and I've already said I'd be interested to see if he's better disciplined in a green jersey. I'm not convinced by JVG and it could well be something isn't well in the Munster camp, because it is out of character.

Don't make this a provincial ****e. I've raised a very valid point and, true to your previous form from your multiple accounts over the years, you have nothing to say only smart-hole comments.

You are saying he will likely be dropped. It’s there in black and white mate. Perhaps you should re read your posts before refuting you said anything - it makes you look like a goon

Saying it's likely in the circumstances provided isn't saying he should be, which is what you misquoted me on.

I also said this further on:

"I'd be interested to see if he's better disciplined in a green jersey. I'm not convinced by JVG and it could well be something isn't well in the Munster camp, because it is out of character."

Thank you for quoting the post where I said what's been happening to him is out of character and that it would be interesting to see if it translates to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Heymans

Saying it's likely in the circumstances provided isn't saying he should be, which is what you misquoted me on.

I also said this further on:

"I'd be interested to see if he's better disciplined in a green jersey. I'm not convinced by JVG and it could well be something isn't well in the Munster camp, because it is out of character."

Thank you for quoting the post where I said what's been happening to him is out of character and that it would be interesting to see if it translates to Ireland.

You are implying by statement that it is likely he will be dropped that he should be dropped. The sentiment is there pal the rest of it is all semantics.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Ah Jasis, could ye STFU with this tiresome nonsense?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Buer wrote: »
    I feel like my IQ may have dropped after reading the last few pages which is particularly concerning given I was barely in triple digit territory beforehand.
    It's kind of useful though. Helps to be able to structure your preferences without having to do a lot of work. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

Buer wrote: »

I have to admit....most people know I like a good battle...but even I'm waving the white flag at this one :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,477 ✭✭✭✭phog

Poor enough game but we got the max we could out of it and kept Gloucester pointless so not too bad a day bar the injuries. Gutted for TOD, he's just not getting a break from injuries.

A few more YCs could well have been issued on Saturday but none was as stupid as Archer's, game in the bag and goes in with a high tackle :mad:.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

So three weeks for Cipriani. Fair enough I suppose, same sanction meted out to Kaino except Danny pleaded guilty so got his full remission.

It's the exact same sanction that Stuart Olding got for his infinitely more dangerous tackle two weeks ago, so still some work to do, but moving in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

So three weeks for Cipriani. Fair enough I suppose, same sanction meted out to Kaino except Danny pleaded guilty so got his full remission.

It's the exact same sanction that Stuart Olding got for his infinitely more dangerous tackle two weeks ago, so still some work to do, but moving in the right direction.

Danny was very clumsy and lazy. No excuse mind...But Kaino's was a whole other level of reckless and dangerous

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

When you consider that Basteraud only got a 5 week ban it doesn't seem equitable.

aloooof wrote: »
    When you consider that Basteraud only got a 5 week ban it doesn't seem equitable.

That has much more to do with corruption in French rugby than it does with sanction continuity.

Cipriani can feel hard done by, if he had made that tackle at the end of last season he probably wouldn't have been cited.

I've no issue with the sport reducing the risk of head injuries however so things like this send a big message.

Advertisement