Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting to thomond park match day

• 19-10-2018 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭

Hi .im going to munster match at 1pm tomorrow. What s the easiest way to get there . living out castletroy side . there is no park and ride bus from kilmurry. I was thinking it might be hard to get cab at that time and I can't go too early to it as my son has soccer that morning. Is there any parking available near it. I assume if there was it would fill up early. Cheers .

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

There is parking in LIT and at the school on the Shelbourne Rd, but I wouldn't advise trying to drive out and park if you're going to be getting there late. The best option would be park in town a walk out from there if you have time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭Comhrá

It's just about 20-25 mins. walk from the city centre. Just follow the crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

Hi .im going to munster match at 1pm tomorrow. What s the easiest way to get there . living out castletroy side . there is no park and ride bus from kilmurry. I was thinking it might be hard to get cab at that time and I can't go too early to it as my son has soccer that morning. Is there any parking available near it. I assume if there was it would fill up early. Cheers .

there is a park and ride from Chawkes petrol station. Park the car there or in Kilmurry lodge. Bus leaves at 11am tho so might be on the early side. Alternatively get the 304 bus to city centre and walk out. Or get the bus from Henry st out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

This is the quickest and easiest way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Now all the OP has to do is purchase a couple of bicycles...and then get your good self to keep an eye on them outside Thomond Park for about 2 hours tomorrow.
    Sorted.

edit; johnnyryan89 put me back on the right road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    Now all the OP has to do is purchase a couple of bicycles...and then get your good self to keep an eye on them outside Thomond Park for about 2 hours tomorrow.
    Sorted.

Any particular reason for choosing the Castletroy Halting Site as your Start Point ???

That's Plassy Park road not the halting site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

He might well already own a few bikes. It's not unheard of for people to have them. Locking a bike at Thomond Park is an issue alright. It's quite amazing that there isn't decent bike parking there. It's one of the easiest things to provide and one of the best ways to travel to the stadium for Limerick City based people.

As for the start location, I just put Castletroy into Google Maps and that's where it picked!

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭wildrover444

For a finish I eventually booked a cab. Pricey enough though . 18 quid to get out there but then again we were in the cab for half an hour cos of traffic and got a cab back for a tenner.If it was just myself i would have walked . Cheers for suggestions.

Advertisement