Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem switching from Eir to Vodafone - Why?

Options
  • 19-10-2018 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭

I have just cancelled my Eir broadband, cancellation has not become effective yet.  I have contacted Vodafone to switch, however, VF have told me that they will not be able to supply to my address.

Given that my previous (before Eir) supplier was VF and I had no issues, it would appear that Eir have modified my connection in some way to make switching more difficult. 

Has anyone else had this issue or can you offer any suggestions please.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

I have just cancelled my Eir broadband, cancellation has not become effective yet.  I have contacted Vodafone to switch, however, VF have told me that they will not be able to supply to my address.

Given that my previous (before Eir) supplier was VF and I had no issues, it would appear that Eir have modified my connection in some way to make switching more difficult. 

Are you on a FTTH product? When you got the eir connection was a new cable brought into your home?

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭ifeelstupid

Are you on a FTTH product? When you got the eir connection was a new cable brought into your home?
    No new cables, in fact modem was just left on doorstep as I was not home when it was delivered.  Was on VF previously, someone suggested it has something to do with the VoIP that Eir offered with the broadband?  I'm pretty clueless to be honest.

So, I just got an update from VF who say the only way they will be able to process switch is if I get Eir to downgrade line from VOIP.  I guess I have to try 1901 route:(

So, I just got an update from VF who say the only way they will be able to process switch is if I get Eir to downgrade line from VOIP.  I guess I have to try 1901 route:(

That seems bizarre to me.

Are you trying to keep the same landline number perhaps?

• Advertisement

That seems bizarre to me.
    What is most bizzare is the fact that it is practically impossible to talk to anyone in Eir....chat, online, telephone or ouija board:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Hi there,

I can assure you that we would not modify your account in any way to prevent you from moving provider. If you have bee advised that a voip alteration needs to be made then You would need to contact customer care on 1901.

Thanks,

Sarah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

eir: Sarah wrote: »
    Hi there,

I can assure you that we would not modify your account in any way to prevent you from moving provider. If you have bee advised that a voip alteration needs to be made then You would need to contact customer care on 1901.

Thanks,

Sarah
    Hi there ifeelstupid

I have responded to your PM

-Kyle

Are you trying to keep the same landline number perhaps?
    No - don't use landline.   Copy of the VF response is attached.
    Eir have come back via PM on here and said that Tech Support say there should be no reason why VF can's supply service......BUT also that they cannot take me off VOIP if there is a cancellation in progress!!  If it was only possible to actually speak to a real live person in Eir it might be helpful!!

Update:
    So after almost losing the will to live on several occasions I finally got to speak to a human who knew what he was talking about today. It turns out that my Eir package came with 2 UAN's - q for broadband and one for the Internet calls(never used). There is no indication of this anywhere on my bills or myeir dashboard. The guy I spoke with today was able to identify the issue straight away and gave me the 2nd UAN. I rang VF, they put it in their system and my order was finally completed. 

Its something for anyone to be aware of if the are switching from Eir and have the broadband package with VOIP calling. 

Lock it up!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Hi ther,

Apologies for the inconvenience however I am delighted to hear you got this sorted and thanks so much for the feedback.

Sarah

Advertisement