Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rugby podcasts thread

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Just came across this on my youtube recommended.

Not bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

I enjoy the House of Rugby episodes, both the Irish and English versions, but Barry Murphy's voice can be extremely boring sometimes. The episode he did with Earls could make you fall asleep between the two of them, was just so slow and monotonous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

I enjoy the House of Rugby episodes, both the Irish and English versions, but Barry Murphy's voice can be extremely boring sometimes. The episode he did with Earls could make you fall asleep between the two of them, was just so slow and monotonous.

I generally like them too but I find they can really drag on a bit. They could easily knock it down to about 45 minutes instead of over an hour. Their interviews and behind the scenes anecdotes are very good though, much better than their analysis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

At the start I really liked his voice, I found it sort of soothing. He's a musician and you can tell he put some time and effort into the aesthetic sound quality of the podcast. I still enjoy it later in the day when I'm trying to relax. But I often find I skip to whatever game Trimble is covering in detail.

I did not expect to like Trimble as much as I do, he's absolutely gas.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

errlloyd wrote: »
    and you can tell he put some time and effort into the aesthetic sound quality of the podcast.

Do you think so? I actually find the sound quality pretty poor at times and it's the one thing that puts me off.

I preferred the Hard Yards, really liked Andy McGeady.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 90 ✭✭elliot_st

Off the ball podcasts are usually munster dominated.
    House of rugby not much better and the "banter" is awful. Hard Yards was much better.

The 42.ie's rugby podcast is probably the best, aslong as they don't have eddie on and it's andy and murray.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

aloooof wrote: »
    Do you think so? I actually find the sound quality pretty poor at times and it's the one thing that puts me off.

I preferred the Hard Yards, really liked Andy McGeady.

I thought so yeah! Like proper mics and a dampened studio, but the call quality is terrible. I am listening when I commute though...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

errlloyd wrote: »
    At the start I really liked his voice, I found it sort of soothing. He's a musician and you can tell he put some time and effort into the aesthetic sound quality of the podcast. I still enjoy it later in the day when I'm trying to relax. But I often find I skip to whatever game Trimble is covering in detail.

I did not expect to like Trimble as much as I do, he's absolutely gas.

He's got such a way of taking the piss out of both himself and whoever he is talking to in such an inoffensive yet still make it very funny. Very easy to like him

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Was pissing myself laughing walking in town at lunch listening to Trimble describe how the other provinces are like rescue dogs. I must of looked nuts haha.

Really enjoy the Irish House of Rugby, I did enjoy the hard yards also. Pity one had to go to make way for the other. Off the ball just annoys me anytime I listen to it. As a Leinster fan the Munster bias drives me mad, they spend most of the show usually talking about how amazing Carbery is then have a few words about the other provinces haha. Only listen when drico is on or player interviews.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭GavMan

I think the Left Wing is improve. Its less and less matey matey and Luke is talking less and in shorter sentences. This is good

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

House of Rugby UK was pretty good this week. Ben Ryan gave a pretty good insight into life, rugby and sevens rugby in Fiji. It's worth a listen.

Cave was co-presenting The Rugby Pod again in the absence of Andy Rowe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

I have just discovered a great podcast from South Africa, with Jean de Villiers n Schalke Burger.... Its called Use it or Lose it...

it is already on season 2, but here is an example with the lads talking to Os du Randt...

Advertisement