Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rathvilly drive finglas

Options
  • 19-10-2018 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hiya anyone have any thoughts on this area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Have you lived in a similar area before and did you check it out already?
    It's pretty rough there, horses and scramblers around, lots of littering and there can be some anti-social behaviour.
    Check the area out at different times during the day and also on Friday/Saturday night. Gives you an idea how your future neighborhood would be.

Personally, it wouldn't be a place for me if I have a choice to buy there.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

My car broke down in the area. I locked it and grabbed a bus (I was on my way to a hospital appointment). I organised to meet a mechanic at the car a few hours later to see if he could get the car going. When I got back to the car 3 hours later- the local wildlife had started to strip the engine. They did over 2k of damage. The Gardai *did* identify the culprits. I was invited to the local Garda station to receive compensation for the damage (after the case went to court). I was handed an envelope with 80 Euro in it. I will happily drive 40 miles out of my way to avoid the area now.............

Its akin to Darndale- its bandit country- enter at your peril.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Saints#33

Avoid like the plague. (From someone who grew up in Finglas and is presently trying to buy there). Rathvilly, Kippure and Finglas South in general aren't worth the hassle.

Advertisement