Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hkc securewave keypad going blank

Options
  • 19-10-2018 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi
    Hopefully someone can help.It's been a while since I have installed alarms changed company I work for .However wanted to replace an old hkc with the new one as wanted to add wireless contacts. Connected all up but used some of the existing contacts and pir s . Also used the old external bell/strobe . After I have set alarm to test if it goes into alarm the keypad goes blank or flickers on and off and the outside bell does not ring. It comes back when I close the window . Could the wired pir be bringing it down or is it the outside bell. Also when I'm learning the wireless contact on to system it goes on to zone 11 and works on walk test but does not send the system into alarm . Any help greatly appreciated . I've tried to be as detailed as possible.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 barfran

Also forgot to say it doesn't matter what window or pir sets alarm off the keypad goes blank and they are on different zones

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

barfran wrote: »
    Hi
    Hopefully someone can help.It's been a while since I have installed alarms changed company I work for .However wanted to replace an old hkc with the new one as wanted to add wireless contacts. Connected all up but used some of the existing contacts and pir s . Also used the old external bell/strobe . After I have set alarm to test if it goes into alarm the keypad goes blank or flickers on and off and the outside bell does not ring. It comes back when I close the window . Could the wired pir be bringing it down or is it the outside bell. Also when I'm learning the wireless contact on to system it goes on to zone 11 and works on walk test but does not send the system into alarm . Any help greatly appreciated . I've tried to be as detailed as possible.
    Thanks

You need find out what is pulling down the keypad.
    Could be any of the powered devices or the external bell itself.
    First thing to do is to disconnect these and see if you still have the same issue, then add them one by one to rule out what the problem one is.

You can learn in a wire free device on any zone not used by scrolling to that zone. When you say its no going into alarm can you explain more please.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 thatwilldopig

Sounds like when it goes into alarm you are putting a short on somewhere. Disconnect bells set system and see if all stays right. Go from there

As for zone not going into alarm, what's it programmed for is alarm fully set etc.

Thanks for your help
    Yeah I disconnected bell but couldn't remember what to bridge out for tamper so couldn't set the alarm.
    Do you reckon the old pir could be bringing it down.
    When I click add rf devices it won't let me pick a zone to add it to.
    What I mean by not alarming for the new rf contact is when I full set alarm and break the contact the panel does not go into alarm. It seems to come up as an alarm event but it is not going into alarm.It is however working on a walk test.

If red light comes on keypad it's gone into alarm it looks like you have your sounders wired arse ways which is also causing your other problems.

A 4k7 resistor in the BHO will close the bell tamper.

• Advertisement

If red light comes on keypad it's gone into alarm it looks like you have your sounders wired arse ways which is also causing your other problems.

A 4k7 resistor in the BHO will close the bell tamper.

Hi thanks for advice
    I've taken out the bell circuit altogether . Can I put the resistor into panel to close circuit . Am I right in saying there are no fuses in these new panels as at one stage it came up on keypad saying ext bell fuse but that only happened once . Is it unlikely the outside bell has gone faulty .Don't want to go out and buy a new bell if it's not the fault. I was able to get the bell to sound if I connected it to internal bell ..
    Thanks

Yep no fuses but bell could be causing short when it goes into alarm or it's wired incorrectly. Resistor can go straight in panel.

What two terminals on panel do I put the resistor across in the panel so I can set the alarm without the bell.
    Thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

What two terminals on panel do I put the resistor across in the panel so I can set the alarm without the bell.
    Thanks

Bell Hold Off (BHO) & Tamper Return (TR)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Thanks for your help
    Yeah I disconnected bell but couldn't remember what to bridge out for tamper so couldn't set the alarm.
    Do you reckon the old pir could be bringing it down.
    When I click add rf devices it won't let me pick a zone to add it to.
    What I mean by not alarming for the new rf contact is when I full set alarm and break the contact the panel does not go into alarm. It seems to come up as an alarm event but it is not going into alarm.It is however working on a walk test.

When you scan the devices and it picks them up, hit quit, then scroll to the zone you want to put the wire free device on and open and close the tamper.
    Once this is done it will move onto the next zone so you can learn in the next device.

• Advertisement
Advertisement