Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Geimhreadh

ELM327 wrote: »

Far lower mileage on these two.

Whats boggo ha ha?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Didn't now that the PHEVs are holding the value so well... despite some of BEVs guys "promoting and hating" them at FCP charging points.
    Cant beat the pleasure of going 40ish on battery then magic,keep going until you run out of gas.

My 2017 GX4HS had battery level in September at 95%.
    Further on, in December dropped at 93.9%.
    Charging every night no FCPs and mostly driving on B0 and gliding like a barge.
    Love the safety features.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Eco Cars in Athlone have a few Outlander PHEV's in Stock at the moment. Unfortunately I''ve no idea what they are like to deal with though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,960 ✭✭✭Soarer

So was the facelift just a facelift?
    There was no increase in battery capacity?
    An “old” GX4HS will have the same spec as the “new” one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭stimpson

Soarer wrote: »
    So was the facelift just a facelift?
    There was no increase in battery capacity?
    An “old” GX4HS will have the same spec as the “new” one?

There was some new kit, but battery and motor were the same up to MY19 (2.4l engine and 14kWh battery).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭mobfromcork

Folks, my dad is planning to buy an Outlander Phev in the UK in the first week of January and is weighing up his options.
    They already have a 24kw Nissan Leaf Tekna so are used (kind of) to the electric car idea and are changing their 2004 Picasso now. Budget is around 20k euro but can go higher/lower spending on bang for buck. They are pretty much retired so yearly mileage will be quite low on the Outlander - he reckons around 5k-8k kilometres per year. Most of it will be around Cork city and environs so should he manageable on full battery. They need to travel to Dublin for work about 10 times a year and don't mind using the petrol engine for this as it is infrequent. They couldn't justify buying a long range 64kw BEV financially just for these trips. He also needs a hitch for occasionally pulling a small trailer and small boat so the Outlander is the car, as far as I can see, that ticks most of those boxes the best. On the Dublin trips he also needs a car that can carry a fair bit of luggage/work stuff - similar to the Picasso.
    So, I'd love some advice from those that already have one on the pros/cons of the different specs - we are looking at Gx4h and Gx4hs around 2014/15 with lowish miles. Is it worth the premium to have the bells and whistles? Sat nav, full leather and the safety stuff or is a slightly newer Gx3h a better option? I reckon as his mileage is going to be so low, I'd rather the better spec even if it's a year older. I can't manage to find decent info on warranty and the different years. If anyone could shed light on that I'd appreciate it please.
    All advice welcomed..

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Folks, my dad is planning to buy an Outlander Phev in the UK in the first week of January and is weighing up his options.
    They already have a 24kw Nissan Leaf Tekna so are used (kind of) to the electric car idea and are changing their 2004 Picasso now. Budget is around 20k euro but can go higher/lower spending on bang for buck. They are pretty much retired so yearly mileage will be quite low on the Outlander - he reckons around 5k-8k kilometres per year. Most of it will be around Cork city and environs so should he manageable on full battery. They need to travel to Dublin for work about 10 times a year and don't mind using the petrol engine for this as it is infrequent. They couldn't justify buying a long range 64kw BEV financially just for these trips. He also needs a hitch for occasionally pulling a small trailer and small boat so the Outlander is the car, as far as I can see, that ticks most of those boxes the best. On the Dublin trips he also needs a car that can carry a fair bit of luggage/work stuff - similar to the Picasso.
    So, I'd love some advice from those that already have one on the pros/cons of the different specs - we are looking at Gx4h and Gx4hs around 2014/15 with lowish miles. Is it worth the premium to have the bells and whistles? Sat nav, full leather and the safety stuff or is a slightly newer Gx3h a better option? I reckon as his mileage is going to be so low, I'd rather the better spec even if it's a year older. I can't manage to find decent info on warranty and the different years. If anyone could shed light on that I'd appreciate it please.
    All advice welcomed..

Thanks

Do not drop down to GX3h. You would be mad. At a minimum go for the GX4h. If you are doing a lot of motorway mileage the GX4hs would be nice as it has adaptive cruise but in reality on the motorway from Cork to Dublin you can travel 80% of it fairly handy using standard cruise

The heated seats/around view monitor etc are a must. We didnt go s version and to be honest we don't really miss any of the features.

The warranty is fairly standard from my memory. The battery has 100k miles but the car has a max of 62k miles from memory. Someone can confirm. Hence why you see all the Irish dealers with over 62k miles ones because they are buying dirth cheap and adding huge margin.

Thanks for that, there seems to he a fair premium here alright. Parents are going to Birmingham on the 30th of December anyway for a week or so and are in no rush home so will narrow down the search over the next few days and go see something that suits and drive it home.
    There also doesn't seem to a huge premium for the extra spec all things considered

Thanks for that, there seems to he a fair premium here alright. Parents are going to Birmingham on the 30th of December anyway for a week or so and are in no rush home so will narrow down the search over the next few days and go see something that suits and drive it home.
    There also doesn't seem to a huge premium for the extra spec all things considered

The GX4hs seems to have a fair jump as not many around.

The only thing I find on my one is that it has the all view monitors but no reverse sensors which is a pain because my other car has them....so I have to remind myself all the time it doesnt beep :p

Outlander also has a Type 1 charge port, same as the Leaf, so they can use their current home charger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭slicedpanman

I've a 16 4HS and would agree with others, don't drop to the 3... HS Vs H would be down to personal preference, the additions are all safety stuff; extra parking sensors, adaptive cruise, aeb

I went for the S myself and my other half is happy to have the extra parking sensors with it being a bigger car. I do like the adaptive cruise. Not used the aeb :) but if ever needed will be happy it's there

On the towing, think it's rated for 1,500 kgs. Got quoted about €900 from the local Mitsubishi dealer to supply and fit one - not done it yet but thinking of getting that done in the new year with its first service.

Full Warranty is 100k or 5 years, whichever first. Drive train is 150k or 8 years, again whichever comes first

Thanks for that. My mam, despite owning the Leaf for almost a year, has only really driven it about 5 times and never on her own. She has some sort of mental block about the automatic and has always opted to take the Picasso. When they change it she'll have no choice but to learn I guess. It'll he a bigger car than she's used to do the reversing sensors etc might be a good option alright.
    That should be plenty for towing - it's only for a small boat over short distances or a domestic trailer for firewood etc. That seems huge money for a towbar though. He's got them fitted to a few cars over the years and it's usually around 300-400 in a towbar place in Cork.

Thanks for info on the warranty. Do you know if it's dependant on the year of the car - 2014/15/16 or is it always 5 years full, 8 years drivetrain?

The main dealers are crazy to install a hitch

Check some of the local companies, they will do for a lot cheaper

Thanks guys, yeah, I was thinking that €900 was a bit spicy for the tow bar and 7 pin socket

I'll check around

On the warranty, yes AFAIK there was some change to it, maybe in for the 2015 models. Can't remember for sure though. I'm sure someone in here will know though

Thanks guys, yeah, I was thinking that €900 was a bit spicy for the tow bar and 7 pin socket

I'll check around

On the warranty, yes AFAIK there was some change to it, maybe in for the 2015 models. Can't remember for sure though. I'm sure someone in here will know though

I read something in the last few days about the warranty as well, possibly on this thread, about the warranty but can't seem to find it now. Dad had found a few between 2014 and 2016 that look good but if it meant getting a bit if warranty left that he could rely on if anything went badly wrong, he'd opt for the newer years.

Found this https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057872430/1

Confirmation that the 5 year warranty is defo in effect for cars registered after 1 Jan 2015.... Can say for sure if the warranty is lower prior to that

Actually; anyone know would the warranty be affected/void if I were to get a tow bar fitted outside of the official dealership network?

Anyone know if its possible to fit a GX3H with the touch screen radio?

Not really bothered with with sunroof or auto tail gate.

The app and pre heat would be nice but could live without them.

Geimhreadh wrote: »

Plenty of Outlander Facebook groups! WW ones as well and they are throwing all sorts into them. CarPlay systems and all so can be done

The GX3 doesn’t come with leather or heated seats does it?

Ones I've seen have the full leather but not heated.

• Advertisement

The 4HS has a lots of features that you will miss knowing how they can help.

The function helps you in changing lanes.It beeps if a car is in your dead angle ,either left or right and when you are tired or in heavy traffic, is like having a copilot with you.

Adaptive Cruise control,well i never knew how good is it,special in traffic,is so relaxing to drive.

I never found myself pissed about the multimedia interface,which is very basic. I rarely use it and just put it on radio or using Tidal off the phone.

Sunroof is nice if you have kids and love looking at the sky trhorugh the glass... or just to "get up and out" at the airport watching points,with a big box of fresh sweet strawberries and sit on the roof with your junior...

Heating,well is "eating" the battery and is very nice to have heated seats and steering wheel.

Pre,is lovely in the morning to have the car ready ratehr than waiting for the windscreen and the left/right windows to defrost so that you can move the car safe.

Never managed to get the app working as i tend to keep phone away while driving or when im in the car. Major distraction and i found myself few times wondering how i get from A to B while talking on the mobile. Never again.

Enjoy it.

Just to note the blind spot warning only appears from the 17 reg models onwards

I can confirm that the app is a royal pain to get setup - I persevered though and have it working. I don't bother with a regular preheating timer, I just take a look out the front each morning as I'm getting the kids ready to go and if it's anyway frosty whip out phone and hit heat now in the app

Also agree on the adaptive cruise, have had standard cruise control on my cars for years but never really bothered with it found it annoying more than useful but the adaptive is actually useful and relaxing, use it all the time on motorways

Any advice on nice tyres for our weather !?

rolion wrote: »

Water proof ones :-)

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Water proof ones :-)
    Now, I thought you are going to recommend the colour and taste as well... :)

That's a good question how expensive do you find the upkeep of the car?

Main dealer I was about to buy from said they do a free health check once a year and of course most people get their service done at the same time.

• Advertisement

Now, I thought you are going to recommend the colour and taste as well... :)

To be more serious I think the best you will find is a B rated for fuel efficiency. So maybe Apollo??

https://www.oponeo.ie/details-tyre/apollo-aspire-xp-225-55-r18-98-v#269308110

Or these

https://www.oponeo.ie/details-tyre/vredestein-ultrac-satin-225-55-r18-98-v#279287816

I am useless with tyre brands and normally just go with the ones I know off the ad's but these seem to be good on fuel and in rain

When buying an Outlander from a non-Mitsubishi dealer in the UK, did any of you get a Battery State of health certificate, readings etc. It's a 2015 Gx5h, very low miles but only a few months of the 5 year guarantee left. It's in a main BMW dealers. Brother who lives in the UK went and drove it yesterday, said it's cosmetically perfect and drives great but there was no mention of the battery health in any of the documentation. He has an Elm327 OBD but didn't have it with him yesterday unfortunately. Is that the handiest way to check it would you be pushing for official documentation of it?
    Thanks for any advice.

Didn’t do a report on mine

Why not ask the dealer?

First long drive,250km non stop....now I probably done it wrong and ran battery down on motorway....tried the charge button a few times etc

Had reset everything before leaving and ended up at 7ltr/100km which is not too bad at all, the Galaxy would struggle to get that on a long drive.....so much for diesel is best for motorway driving

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭Vizzy

First long drive,250km non stop....now I probably done it wrong and ran battery down on motorway....tried the charge button a few times etc

Had reset everything before leaving and ended up at 7ltr/100km which is not too bad at all, the Galaxy would struggle to get that on a long drive.....so much for diesel is best for motorway driving

Did exactly the same myself yesterday, 370km non stop. 6.8ltr/100km. About 220km on the motorway at motorway speed, the rest on N roads at 100kmh the majority of the time. Used regenerative braking but no charging whatsoever. Happy days, my previous Forrester petrol would have been north of 9ltr/100km and the Outlander is a much nicer car to drive.

• Advertisement

Vizzy wrote: »
    Did exactly the same myself yesterday, 370km non stop. 6.8ltr/100km. About 220km on the motorway at motorway speed, the rest on N roads at 100kmh the majority of the time. Used regenerative braking but no charging whatsoever. Happy days, my previous Forrester petrol would have been north of 9ltr/100km and the Outlander is a much nicer car to drive.

Forgot my smiley on diesel for motorway

To be fair I was expecting a lot worse and would of had it at least at 8-9 if not worst as I was never renowned as having a light foot

My mate done same trip in Camry, he got about 6.2 or so....

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Charlie Charles 1

Hi any recommendations for websites or dealers in the UK, looking for a 2015/16 g4. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,242 ✭✭✭User1998

Hi any recommendations for websites or dealers in the UK, looking for a 2015/16 g4. Thanks

Refined search for 2014 to 2017 Outlander PHEVS

You can refine it further to view only the specific spec you want

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-search?postcode=bt358qs&make=MITSUBISHI&model=OUTLANDER&year-from=2014&year-to=2017&fuel-type=Hybrid%20–%20Petrol%2FElectric%20Plug-in&advertising-location=at_cars&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=Used&page=1

Differences between the 4HS and the 5HS?

AFAIR - different type of leather (also choice of 3 colours, a lot in red - if thats your thing), outlander bonnet badge and improved sound system

Edit: possibly rear heated seats too, not sure on that one

Very little I think, parker.co.uk will tell you

They have coloured leather in the 5 I think. Maybe heated rear seats

Ok, so the maps and stereo are a little behind on versions.

Just wondering how do you upgrade? do you have to bring to a dealer? or anyone see a hack yet like VW have where you can upgrade yourself?

Thanks

Ok, so the maps and stereo are a little behind on versions.

Just wondering how do you upgrade? do you have to bring to a dealer? or anyone see a hack yet like VW have where you can upgrade yourself?

Thanks

I've not found any DIY method yet, dealer is only option I know of

I've not found any DIY method yet, dealer is only option I know of

Any idea how much they will charge?

If updating the maps will it accept Eircodes? probably wishful thinking:p

AFAIR - different type of leather (also choice of 3 colours, a lot in red - if thats your thing), outlander bonnet badge and improved sound system

Edit: possibly rear heated seats too, not sure on that one
    Very little I think, parker.co.uk will tell you

They have coloured leather in the 5 I think. Maybe heated rear seats

Cheers lads.

Still don’t know what to go for, but the Outlander ticks all the boxes (covers my daily commute, big enough boot for work gear, lots of kit, sunroof, etc.). The ol’ fella has a 3H, and I’ve driven that a few times. Fine yoke.
    Only problem I have with the Outlander is I’ve never been an SUV kinda person, even though I enjoy the father’s one. Kinda like being able to hand back a baby when they start crying!
    Every other PHEV seems to be compromised in some way. The Outlander doesn’t. It’s my issue is the problem.
    Fupp sake.

• Advertisement

Any idea how much they will charge?

If updating the maps will it accept Eircodes? probably wishful thinking:p

was assuming there would be no charge and covered by the warranty - on the eircodes; as they say Bob's out of town :)

Also, how would you check the health of the battery prior to purchase?

I'm assuming there's no Outlander version of LeafSpy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

Also, how would you check the health of the battery prior to purchase?

I'm assuming there's no Outlander version of LeafSpy.

app called phev watchdo, and an odb reader
    https://phevwatchdog.net/

Another day, another question(s).

What's the story with the SD card for the maps?
    I've seen a car or two that have them missing.
    Are they a main dealer purchase?
    Or can you buy a blank and copy someone else's?
    Second option is probably too easy, so out?

Also, what sort of mpg do you get tipping along the motorway at between 110-120? Low to mid 30s?
    And on national roads at between 90-100, maybe mid to high 30s?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭_ned_

Anyone know exactly where to place the toll tag in an Outlander PHEV? Instructions say on the windscreen near the rearview mirror, but this area is speckled with dots (probably for the rain sensor). Just wondering if I should put it in the speckled area or perhaps just outside this area?
    Thanks

• Moderators Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

_ned_ wrote: »
    Anyone know exactly where to place the toll tag in an Outlander PHEV? Instructions say on the windscreen near the rearview mirror, but this area is speckled with dots (probably for the rain sensor). Just wondering if I should put it in the speckled area or perhaps just outside this area?
    Thanks

Speckled area is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭_ned_

Thanks Black_Knight. Good to know before I permanently tack it in place!

Picked up 161 GX4H yesterday.

Battery only half charged and showing 11 miles left.

Stick it on charge at home over night and this morning showing half charged and 11 miles.

Drove in to work and in the first mile it went from 11 to 8 miles distance.

Bought from a Mitsubishi dealer to avoid this **** happening.

Waiting for they're call back now.

Theres no chance the batteries could be wrecked after 4 years surely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭stimpson

Stick it on charge at home over night and this morning showing half charged and 11 miles.

Don't sweat it. It's known as the GOM - or Guess-o-meter. It will estimate your range based on previous driving. Fully charge it, and run it to empty and that should give you a fair idea of your range (although it's worse in winter)

If you are in Dublin I'd be happy to check your actual capacity with the Watchdog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

I had the same when I got my 161 give it a few drives charging as the system in the car gives you a range calculation based on how it has been driven before. I sometimes get a range of 30 miles showing after a full charge as I have been in slow moving traffic prior to charging then when I go back to normal driving the range fall back to the 21-23 miles range. Give it some time.

Advertisement