Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,966 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Boot Liner - anyone know where to pick up a good rubberised/waterproof one? Carrying muddy kids bikes in the boot these days

I got this, initially i thought it was a bit light but it has been great over the last year. Bikes, dogs, boxes etc all chucked.

€ 18,92 8%OFF | Fit For Mitsubishi Outlander 2013-2019 Rear Trunk Liner Boot Cargo Mat Tray Floor Carpet Mud Kick Protector 2014 2015 2016
    https://a.aliexpress.com/DdQwRtk4

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Geimhreadh

Hey,
    Can anyone clarify if the Outlander can charge at 7.3kw or only 3.7kw?

Is it worth getting a 32amp cable is it csan only accept 16amps?

"The 16amp or 32amp, 240v, Mitsubishi Outlander Phev Charging Cable is ideal charging cable for the Mitsubishi Outlander with the ability to charge up to 7.3kw. The cables won't charge faster than the max. charging capacity this car can handle, which is 3.7kw"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,351 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Geimhreadh wrote: »
    Hey,
    Can anyone clarify if the Outlander can charge at 7.3kw or only 3.7kw?

Is it worth getting a 32amp cable is it csan only accept 16amps?

"The 16amp or 32amp, 240v, Mitsubishi Outlander Phev Charging Cable is ideal charging cable for the Mitsubishi Outlander with the ability to charge up to 7.3kw. The cables won't charge faster than the max. charging capacity this car can handle, which is 3.7kw"
    3.7 max

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭stimpson

I found very little in the price difference so got a 32A. This is the one I have - the coiled green one

https://cablesforcharging.com/product-category/type-2-type-1/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭wally79

stimpson wrote: »
    I found very little in the price difference so got a 32A. This is the one I have - the coiled green one

https://cablesforcharging.com/product-category/type-2-type-1/

This is something I was wondering about.

Does installing 32A mean you need to install some kind of priority device if you have have for example an electric shower?

Or is that only if you have the power draw of charging a BEV

wally79 wrote: »
    This is something I was wondering about.

Does installing 32A mean you need to install some kind of priority device if you have have for example an electric shower?

Or is that only if you have the power draw of charging a BEV

We are talking cables here, not chargers.

But for a charger you would need a priority switch unless you have a load balancing charger like the Zappi. That senses the total current drawn by the house and reduces it's load if it goes above a preset amount.

I had an electric shower when I got mine installed, and IIRC it drew almost 50A on it's own, so even with a 16A draw from the car it would have been around the 63A limit of the main fuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Kevin Forde

My Outlander is booked in for an interim service at 60k miles (UK import) in a couple of weeks and I have been asked if I want the battery condition check included, at an extra €170.

Anyone know what this checks and is it necessary at an interim service (I had a major service 6 months ago)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭slicedpanman

My Outlander is booked in for an interim service at 60k miles (UK import) in a couple of weeks and I have been asked if I want the battery condition check included, at an extra €170.

Anyone know what this checks and is it necessary at an interim service (I had a major service 6 months ago)?

I've no idea what checks are done at these services but I'd be interested to know too... I've the 50K miles service due in another 500 miles.

Did not know they charged extra for checking the battery health - seems a bit mad. In general what are people paying the dealers for these services to keep the warranty up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I've no idea what checks are done at these services but I'd be interested to know too... I've the 50K miles service due in another 500 miles.

Did not know they charged extra for checking the battery health - seems a bit mad. In general what are people paying the dealers for these services to keep the warranty up?

As far as I know you don’t need to check battery to keep warranty valid

• Advertisement

I’d want to know exactly what they are doing for €170. There are various procedures for the battery and you can even do a diy BMU reset (at your own risk).

If you are in Dublin I can check your battery health with the PHEV Watchdog app. If your health is 90%+ then I wouldn’t bother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,960 ✭✭✭Soarer

Evening guys.

Can any owner tell me the following bulb types in the Outlander 3h.....
    Parking lights (front)
    Fog lights (front)
    Number plate lights (rear)
    Interior lights.

The ol' fella wants to swap out as many of the halogen ones as possible. He'd do the headlights too, only I told him they'd be wrong.

Soarer wrote: »
    Evening guys.

Can any owner tell me the following bulb types in the Outlander 3h.....
    Parking lights (front)
    Fog lights (front)
    Number plate lights (rear)
    Interior lights.

The ol' fella wants to swap out as many of the halogen ones as possible. He'd do the headlights too, only I told him they'd be wrong.

I got these for my GX5Hs. Worked a treat.

€ 8,43 17% Off | 11pcs Canbus White LED Light Car Bulbs Interior Package Kit For 2013-2017 Mitsubishi Outlander Map Dome Trunk Glove Box Lamp
    https://a.aliexpress.com/_sxCvJl

Thanks for the replies re the optional but expensive main dealer PHEV traction battery test.

Some posts on myoutlanderphev.com say details of what they actually test are minimal and all you get is a one liner on your service record showing Battery Status = OK.

Think I’ll stick with the PHEVwatchdog battery health check.

I'd be interested to know what they check. If they do anything or are they just plugging in diagnostic tool and reading the state of health.

You can get a bluetooth dongle for about 20 euro and use the phev watchdog app for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Hi guys. I think I know the answer to this already but is a dongle etc for checking an Outlander battery's SOH something readily available or is it just an order online and wait for delivery job.

Possibly going to view one tomorrow. I assume this is something you'd want to be doing before buying? If so, what would you be hoping for from a 2015 model with somewhere around 50k miles?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭kanuseeme

There is a list of obd ii dongles that work with phev watch dog on the site. no guarantee any reader will work, takes a few minutes also to set it up.

My 2015 with 42k miles is showing around 85%.

how much is the car?

Best of luck.

Seems to be unrelated to mileage. I have a friend with a 142 with 60,000km and his battery is 92%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

A 2015 battery should be at:
    .5% loss per month x 12 months x 5 years = loss of 30% !?

rolion wrote: »
    A 2015 battery should be at:
    .5% loss per month x 12 months x 5 years = loss of 30% !?

That's not how it works.

That's not how it works.

I will love to believe you !

My battery is losing .4% every month.
    Can prove with screenshots !

My Leaf 24 battery since August 2019 has maintained charge / SOH.
    My Outlander since September 2019 lost almost .4% pe rmonth

• Advertisement

I will love to believe you !

My battery is losing .4% every month.
    Can prove with screenshots !

My Leaf 24 battery since August 2019 has maintained charge / SOH.
    My Outlander since September 2019 lost almost .4% pe rmonth

That's just one data point. Mine has been losing .1 and gaining .5 most months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

What OBD II adaptors are people using here?
    Would this one be any use for an Outlander PHEV?
    Vgate iCar2 Wifi...

What OBD II adaptors are people using here?
    Would this one be any use for an Outlander PHEV?
    Vgate iCar2 Wifi...

seems to be on the list at http://phevwatchdog.net/:
    OBDLink LX Bluetooth v3.0 expensive, fast, sleepmode/autowakeup, upgradable
    OBDLink MX Bluetooth v3.0 expensive, fast, sleepmode/autowakeup, upgradable
    OBDLink MX Wifi expensive, fast, sleepmode/autowakeup, upgradable
    Konnwei KW902 Bluetooth v3.0 cheap, some reliability issues
    Vgate iCar2 Bluetooth v3.0 sleepmode/switch to wakeup
    Vgate iCar3 Bluetooth v3.0 sleepmode/replug to wakeup
    Vgate iCar2 Wifi sleepmode/switch to wakeup
    Vgate iCar3 Wifi sleepmode/replug to wakeup
    Vgate iCar Pro Bluetooth v3.0 sleepmode/autowakeup
    Vgate iCar Pro Bluetooth v4.0 sleepmode/autowakeup, bluetooth low energy
    iCarsoft i620 Bluetooth v2.0 fast
    iCarsoft i610 Wifi v2.0 fast
    EXZA HHOBD Bluetooth fast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭kanuseeme

kanuseeme wrote: »
    There is a list of obd ii dongles that work with phev watch dog on the site. no guarantee any reader will work, takes a few minutes also to set it up.

My 2015 with 42k miles is showing around 85%.

how much is the car?

Best of luck.

Thanks for the response. Any idea if you can purchase any in a bricks and mortar shop?

It's listed for €16,250 (the listing has actually expired, I think). GX3H with full leather. Looks a decent but at that compared to what's around. Even going to the UK, difficult to get an equivalent back and cleared for that money - well, for the money I'd like to pay him haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Thanks for the response. Any idea if you can purchase any in a bricks and mortar shop?

It's listed for €16,250 (the listing has actually expired, I think). GX3H with full leather. Looks a decent but at that compared to what's around. Even going to the UK, difficult to get an equivalent back and cleared for that money - well, for the money I'd like to pay him haha.

That seems cheap to me.....I would question why so cheap.....

If it is cheap that normally means they are trying to shift for a reason, could be clocked or all sorts.....who is selling it?

I brought a 2015 4hs over in Aug 2018 for about €16,500. It was a private sale but don't feel you have to rush to buy it. Plenty out there around that money.

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    That seems cheap to me.....I would question why so cheap.....

If it is cheap that normally means they are trying to shift for a reason, could be clocked or all sorts.....who is selling it?

Yeah I'm pretty sure he's just undervalued the car slightly, but not by that much.

You'd probably get one from England and clear it for similar money but it might have a bit higher mileage and not have the leather seats.

Viewed it on Tuesday evening. Car is in great shape. Private sale but the guy brought it in from England in June/July 2016 and has had it since. All service intervals add up. Had the NCT cert, logbook etc. Going to pick it up this afternoon.

Hopefully all is good anyway. It's still under manufacturer warranty until July so can get anything addressed if necessary.

Hi all. Got the car anyway. I know all of this information is in here somewhere but I can't really search on the touch site so if somebody can point me in the right direction, that'd be great.

Firstly, a cable for public charging. The previous owner only used the granny cable so I'll need to get one. What type of cable do I need to get and is there anywhere that people would particularly recommend? I see 16A and 32A, type 1/type 2...

This may feed into the previous question but I'm planning to get a home charge point installed sooner rather than later. I've seen lots of discussion of people over-charging for this because of the grant so just wondering what people's experiences of this are? Do you go with somebody who does the whole lot? Do you pick a charger and then get an installer? If so, what am I looking for - again, I've seen lots of brands and different current ratings but not sure why you'd need different things.

Any guidance greatly appreciated.

You want a type 2 (charger end) to type 1 (car end) cable. If you are getting a charger installed get one you plug into rather than one with a cable attached. As you will likely change to full electric in 2 to 3 years.

Mine was €920 for charger and installation. Nigel M Daily did it. Did a nice job.

• Advertisement

Hi all. Got the car anyway. I know all of this information is in here somewhere but I can't really search on the touch site so if somebody can point me in the right direction, that'd be great.

Firstly, a cable for public charging. The previous owner only used the granny cable so I'll need to get one. What type of cable do I need to get and is there anywhere that people would particularly recommend? I see 16A and 32A, type 1/type 2...

This may feed into the previous question but I'm planning to get a home charge point installed sooner rather than later. I've seen lots of discussion of people over-charging for this because of the grant so just wondering what people's experiences of this are? Do you go with somebody who does the whole lot? Do you pick a charger and then get an installer? If so, what am I looking for - again, I've seen lots of brands and different current ratings but not sure why you'd need different things.

Any guidance greatly appreciated.

My unfriendly advice.
    Get a wather proof socket outside.
    Fit the granny charger somehow safe,if house layout permits.
    Keep using it until money saved.
    Granny charges at 10A / 2.5Kw while the proper charger gets 3.7Kw.

Any charger will do.
    Apply for grant first before doing any work related to.

Enjoy it !!!

Thanks for the replies.

I found the home charge point thread so hopefully that will take care of that side of it. I'd like to get a cable sooner than that though, for public charging as I can charge at work if I drive it and my wife can charge in a car park pretty close to her work also. Any recommendations on this?

Thanks for the replies.

I found the home charge point thread so hopefully that will take care of that side of it. I'd like to get a cable sooner than that though, for public charging as I can charge at work if I drive it and my wife can charge in a car park pretty close to her work also. Any recommendations on this?

Only advice is to pay attention to fully converted BEVs: they really hate us the privileged PHEVs...dunno where their hate is coming from and i wonder when that will end. ;)

Any cable will do it.
    At work,you may get a charger that has already the type of cable.
    In car park,i seen few times a sing saying "watch for the cable as they are stolen".

If under pressure, i can borrow mine as i dont recall when i use it last time.

Have fun.

Need your help !

Trying to get my bikes on the car.
    Tried today few bike carriers on the back door ,all just short of good outcome.
    Dont really want to get the roof mounted kit but it looks like only option.

What solution are you using ,please !!?
    Thanks

My thinking was to get a detachable town at and then a towbar mounted rack. Haven’t done it yet though.

Yea,towbar only fitted by dealer garage as under warranty Terms and Conditions.
    I suspect 3-4 times the normal garage price...

My thinking was to get a detachable town at and then a towbar mounted rack. Haven’t done it yet though.
    Yea,towbar only fitted by dealer garage as under warranty Terms and Conditions.
    I suspect 3-4 times the normal garage price...

I'm looking into this myself at the moment. Was quoted 990€ by dealers to have the tow bar fitted, getting quotes close to half that elsewhere.

@rolion - is that correct? Are you saying that warranty is void if anyone apart from dealership installs the tow bar?

I'm looking into this myself at the moment. Was quoted 990€ by dealers to have the tow bar fitted, getting quotes close to half that elsewhere.

@rolion - is that correct? Are you saying that warranty is void if anyone apart from dealership installs the tow bar?

Aftermarket parts can not invalidate your warranty. Especially not a towbar.

Where did you get the quote from? Was it detachable?

Aftermarket parts can not invalidate your warranty. Especially not a towbar.

Where did you get the quote from? Was it detachable?

Thanks on the warranty point, thought it would be very harsh to impose that but rolion's comment has me worried.

The 990€ quote was for a detachable one and was from dealer in Limerick

• Advertisement

I meant the cheaper quote.

I meant the cheaper quote.

Ah right, sorry. I've a guy I know, in the business, taking to the main 2 or 3 places in Limerick that do tow bars and he's getting me the quotes. No hard figures just yet but he says it could be in the 600 ish ball park

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Ah right, sorry. I've a guy I know, in the business, taking to the main 2 or 3 places in Limerick that do tow bars and he's getting me the quotes. No hard figures just yet but he says it could be in the 600 ish ball park

That still sounds very expensive

Try here https://mccabetowbars.ie/product-category/mitsubishi/mitsubishi-outlander/mitsubishi-outlander-suv-2012-sep-onwards/, buy a relay kit for €59 and get somebody to fit it, if you can't fit it yourself.

What are you guys being charged by the dealers for a service?
    Mine just clocked over the 50K miles so booked it in at the dealer in Limerick - they've quoted me €199 for the minor service :eek:
    I dread to think what a major service would cost

I've not had a chance to bring it in as Mitsubushi don't have a garage in Galway :eek:

I rang them up as there is a recall on it and their "plan" was I could drive it to Limerick. And if I rang them they might agree to do mine first in the morning.

So take a day off, drive a two hour rounds trip and sit in a garage for hours while they fix stuff :rolleyes:

I paid €250 for my last service. Think yourself lucky!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

I paid €250 for my last service. Think yourself lucky!

Yeah, I paid roughly the same for a regular service in the Mitsubishi garage in Kildare. It was my first service for the Outlander and I thought there might be additional works because of the PHEV but it was a basic oil and filters change.
    Won't be going back there.

Worth it to get the stamp in the book. Once it’s out of warranty I’ll do the standard service myself.

€249 all in for intermediate service at 60k miles on Outlander PHEV in Cork yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Geimhreadh

When I turn on the heating it always starts the engine.
    Even with the battery full.

Should this be the case as I though with the GX4H the heater was electric?

Geimhreadh wrote: »
    When I turn on the heating it always starts the engine.
    Even with the battery full.

Should this be the case as I though with the GX4H the heater was electric?

Electric heater is for preheat. You can get the demister running if you put the temp down to 15deg.

The trick is to preheat and use the electric seats/steering wheel. If you’re in a long trip where you will use petrol anyway you’re best to bite the bullet and let the engine heat up early. Then turn the temp down a bit and it should keep the engine mostly off.

• Advertisement
Advertisement