Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Hi all. Just a quick question that I think I know the answer to. My wife has an Outlander PHEV and I'm buying a new ID.3. We never got around to getting the home charger in with the way everything went with Covid (just as we got grant approval) but I'm going to now.

Following a very helpful post on the charger thread, am I correct in thinking that I need to get an untethered charger because the PHEV and the ID.3 need different connections? So a type 2 socket on the charger is fine but the ID.3 will use a type two connection on the car, whereas the PHEV will use a type one connecting on the car?

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭Buffman

nkay1985 wrote: »
    am I correct in thinking that I need to get an untethered charger because the PHEV and the ID.3 need different connections? So a type 2 socket on the charger is fine but the ID.3 will use a type two connection on the car, whereas the PHEV will use a type one connecting on the car?

Thanks.

Yes, they're different connections on the car end.

Adapters are available so that could be another option for you.

https://evonestop.co.uk/collections/adaptors

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles or cartons to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭tweek84

I have progressed a bit further with purchasing a outlander I have viewed a few of them, I had a look at a few 2.0L 18 & 17 but they were x lease cars that had rough body work, I looked at two 2.4L 2019 outlander but i noticed white gunk on the oil cap on both of them both had only 60k kms is this a common problem with them or should I be concerned about heat gasket issues? Or is it something else like a breather pipe that requires replacing? I didn't check the oil cap on the 2.0L as I wasn't overly interested in them.
    How do people find the 2.4L outlander on fuel in comparison to the 2.0L? Any issues or concerns with the 2.4L?
    Looking forward to hearing your views and opinions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

tweek84 wrote: »
    I had emailed Mitsubishi motors in relation to this and got this response "Thank you for your message. An Outlander PHEV (2016-2018) if imported will have the pan European Warranty of 5 years/62,500 miles- whichever comes first. Whereas a non-imported Irish Outlander PHEV will have the Mitsubishi 8 year/150,000KM warranty, whichever comes first."
    I had also talked to a dealer and they confirmed it also.

If anyone finds they need the 8 year warranty I would take an action as the vehicle was an eu vehicle originally and the warranty stands to all eu countries - obviously not for any vehicles after Jan 2020

I have progressed a bit further with purchasing a outlander I have viewed a few of them, I had a look at a few 2.0L 18 & 17 but they were x lease cars that had rough body work, I looked at two 2.4L 2019 outlander but i noticed white gunk on the oil cap on both of them both had only 60k kms is this a common problem with them or should I be concerned about heat gasket issues? Or is it something else like a breather pipe that requires replacing? I didn't check the oil cap on the 2.0L as I wasn't overly interested in them.
    How do people find the 2.4L outlander on fuel in comparison to the 2.0L? Any issues or concerns with the 2.4L?
    Looking forward to hearing your views and opinions.
    Could anyone that has a 2.0L or 2.4L phev please check the oil cap to see if there is any gunk on the oil cap? If you want to drop me a pm instead of posting on here please do. I am hoping it is just something specific to the phevs and not relating to the headgasket

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭kanuseeme

Could anyone that has a 2.0L or 2.4L phev please check the oil cap to see if there is any gunk on the oil cap? If you want to drop me a pm instead of posting on here please do. I am hoping it is just something specific to the phevs and not relating to the headgasket

2.0 L clean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Maybe because the engine doesn't run as often the gunge could be from that, what does the coolant look like does it smell oily/burnt? Does the heater work all the time?

kanuseeme wrote: »
    2.0 L clean.

Thanks for checking

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Maybe because the engine doesn't run as often the gunge could be from that, what does the coolant look like does it smell oily/burnt? Does the heater work all the time?

I was thinking it could be due to the engine not getting up working temperature.
    Coolant looks good no gunk or residue I didn't get a smell but I had my mask on due to covid and being with the sales man
    No idea on the heater as it was only for a test drive and a look at it in the forecourt

Dohvolle wrote: »
    If it a UK import it may have been in storage for 6 months. Many sellers exported loads of used cars from the UK before the December 31st deadline, to save on Import duty. Depending on how it was stored, it may just be a buildup of oily condensation.

Fortunately it is an Irish car I am trying to stick to Irish models to keep the long warranty, this is off putting but I am hoping it is due to lack of use or a breather pipe blocked or just some minor warranty work that Mitsi have to carry out on the vehicle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭stimpson

I think Mayo is common on them. The engines get short runs and don’t get hot enough to burn off the condensation.

The 2.4 has a bigger battery and I would give better economy because of that. I’d certainly have considered one if the price was right.

As I posted before, the later U.K. cars had the same battery warranty (regardless what Mitsubishi say).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

Thinking of buying outlander 2.4 hybrid next year all going well.
    The fact mitsubishi is pulling of Europe is only thing that concerns me with regarding parts and service.

The fact mitsubishi is pulling of Europe is only thing that concerns me with regarding parts and service.

The latest is they're doing a deal with Renault to stay in Europe, no specific mention of the Irish market though.

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/motors/mitsubishi-about-faces-on-european-departure-but-no-decision-on-ireland-1.4506356

They say they'll have parts availability for 10 years after end of production.

https://www.mitsubishi-motors.ie/owners/european-market-update

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles or cartons to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,939 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

I haven't posted on this thread till I got used to our Mitsi Outlander PHEV and now I'm used to it. I drive mainly urban and suburban with a good bit of soft off-road on beaches and mudruts, so here's an honest new owners points.

16 reg GX4h with sunroof, leather (or faux leather) & reverse cam model.

Pros;

- Can't get over the economy. Have it three months now and it still has the same almost full tank of petrol since we bought it.
    - 4x4 diff lock simulation is very very effective on very deep, soft sand where other cars are getting stuck. This is a major pro for us, it's very affective and works. This will get you out of trouble and churn through any mush.
    - Everything fits, surf gear, older kids surf gear, buggies, kids & wife.
    - Charging on a 3 pin plug every night with very little difference in our electricity bill (so far).
    - It's nippier than I thought it would be for such a big heavy car.
    - Handles & corners very well (better than reviewers will have you believe).
    - Very comfortable for all of us.
    - I like the range of autonomy the car offers compared to other counterparts I drove. I use the regeneration paddles all the time and love the eco mode, the save battery mode and the charging option through the ICE engine when on the motorway.
    - Very easy to drive, good visibility, good turning diameter, easy to judge where the four corners are, easy to manoeuvre in tight spaces.
    - Purchase value was excellent.
    - UK car and the battery doesn't seem to have any degeneration. May not have been utilised. I get over 30k on battery alone.
    - Low motor tax.
    - Lower insurance than my previous older car.
    - Solid Japanese build quality.
    - 88% NCAP
    - Easy cheap accessories like roof racks, rubber floor mats etc...
    - It's tall enough for tall people to be comfortable front and back.

Cons;

- Windows tend to steam up a good bit, probably the amount of wet/beach gear.
    - The amount of beeps, chirps and buttons take a bit of getting used to. Dash design is very haphazard compared to European cars. Lots of blanked buttons, but other buttons in weird places.
    - The boot opening and closing is incredibly slow and you can't lock it until it's fully closed and locked, you'd walk 20m metres away from it before it completes it's closure. I can see myself thinking it's locked when it's not.
    - Our other cars we owned had a locking system that the passenger can access, on the PHEV it's on the drivers door only.
    - Would have liked an electronic handbrake instead of the manual one.
    - Don't like that you have to run the ICE to get the car warm, heated seats and steering wheel are great, but not for the kids.
    - Inability to change speedo to KM.
    - Touch screen is a bit clunky.
    - Phone doesn't work when the radio is on for some reason, works when streaming music or podcasts.
    - The shiny interior plastic used in some areas attracts dust and is easily scratched.
    - Difficult to see the wiper and light clusters due to the paddles but there is auto options for both.

Overall, the pros massively outweigh the cons, some of which are trifling and nit-picking . Very happy.

Did you get the vaccine?

John_Rambo wrote: »

- Can't get over the economy. Have it three months now and it still has the same almost full tank of petrol since we bought it.

You might find soon that the engine will start automatically and you will get the warning 'Engine started to maintain fuel system'. If this happens you will have to add 15 litres of petrol in one go to stop it.
    Cons;

- Windows tend to steam up a good bit, probably the amount of wet/beach gear.
    - Don't like that you have to run the ICE to get the car warm, heated seats and steering wheel are great, but not for the kids.

The remote climate control can preheat the car for you on the battery while plugged in and reduce steaming. The app is a bit poor but I just use the on board touch screen to set it.

- The amount of beeps, chirps and buttons take a bit of getting used to. Dash design is very haphazard compared to European cars. Lots of blanked buttons, but other buttons in weird places.

Yep, but you get used to them. You're lucky you didn't get a HS spec as that takes annoying beeps to the next level!:D
    - The boot opening and closing is incredibly slow and you can't lock it until it's fully closed and locked, you'd walk 20m metres away from it before it completes it's closure. I can see myself thinking it's locked when it's not.

Ye, it's not rapid but you can disable it with the button in the middle dash and go old school if you want. Unless someone changed the default settings I find the easiest way to check if it's locked is if the mirrors are folded or not.
    - Our other cars we owned had a locking system that the passenger can access, on the PHEV it's on the drivers door only.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but the passengers can unlock their own doors with the toggle button at the inside door handle if that's what you mean.
    - Would have liked an electronic handbrake instead of the manual one.
    Ye, from 2017 they have the electronic one, but on the bright side one less thing to go wrong.
    - Difficult to see the wiper and light clusters due to the paddles but there is auto options for both.

Ye, I took a few minutes to set up my auto preferences on the touch screen and rarely need to touch either now, but ye, the paddles job could easily be done by some buttons on the wheel. I'm normally straight into B5 and never touch them again.

Thanks so much for all that info Buffman! Fair play to you!

• Advertisement

Since I got mine 2 and something years ago, I would only put 25 euro in it, since covid its down to 15 euro and that seems too much.

For the mist, try setting the AC to 15 and slowly turning it up. I know it works on some models.

First thing I do is B 0, if I want regen pull back the gearstick it goes to B3 and again goes to B5, right paddle then to bring it back to B 0.

Unless your in traffic, B 0 is the way to go, just the accelerator and free wheel as much as you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭daithi7

I`m not sure how good this article describes the real life issues with the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV…But it`s good to know. If anybody can add something on top of the listed issues, it would be great to know either, and certainly appreciated :^) https://www.whatcar.com/mitsubishi/outlander-phev/4x4/used-review/n18054/advice

We're looking to buy either a 2018 Outlander Phev, or a Rav 4 hybrid at the moment. That review above is not exactly confidence inspiring though, 2/5 stars is a low rating.

However people's real driving & owning experiences seem to be better reading here, which is encouraging. Still undecided tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭notAMember

I would be slow to recommend. Maybe we are unlucky but it feels like there is always something wrong. We have a 2016 model outlander phev

Radio unit failed
    Door catches failed
    Services seem to always find some problem or other that takes 600-800 euro to fix.

Literally the only thing I like about it, is that it has a tow hitch.

notAMember wrote: »
    I would be slow to recommend. Maybe we are unlucky but it feels like there is always something wrong. We have a 2016 model outlander phev

Radio unit failed
    Door catches failed
    Services seem to always find some problem or other that takes 600-800 euro to fix.

:eek::eek::eek: I took the plunge yesterday morning and sealed the deal on a Irish 2019 Outlander, I confirmed with Mitsubishi that it was covered for warranty as they have a few stipulations mentioned on the manual (has to be serviced within 1k KMS plus or minus when it is due), not due a service until Jan 2022.
    I was interested in two different Irish Outlanders, the Outlander that i decided not to go with had lower mileage and was of a higher spec sunroof, motorised boot, rockford fosgate sound system with sub, tow bar, it had granny charger and separate type 1 to type 2 lead, but there was too many marks on the body that i could not over look and the drivers door seems to be a different shade I spent most of my time viewing the car trying to figure out was it my mind playing tricks or was it a different shade, so in the end i went for the lower spec but i am much happier with the condition it is definitely a car that was minded a bit better. Plus a prefer the manual boot less to go wrong and on two other older outlanders i viewed didn't have a fluid movement when opening and closing.
    Looking forward to getting to grips with the Outlander during the coming weeks and enjoying it, hopefully it will be as trouble free as all my previous vehicles they have all been vehicles that had 200k miles to 350k miles when i decided to trade them in with no major issues but fortunately i now travel less with work.

@john_rambo love your review i hope it is as spacious as i think, and will be capable of carting the smallies and all their equipment.
    Just wondering do you have links to accessories?
    Yes the space for the driver is quite good i found this poor on a Pajero sport i had a few years ago aswell as a Landcruiser and i am not a very big person, the space behind the driver was quite good aswell which i was impressed with.

- Everything fits, surf gear, older kids surf gear, buggies, kids & wife.
    - Easy cheap accessories like roof racks, rubber floor mats etc...
    - It's tall enough for tall people to be comfortable front and back.

@john_rambo love your review i hope it is as spacious as i think, and will be capable of carting the smallies and all their equipment.
    Just wondering do you have links to accessories?
    Yes the space for the driver is quite good i found this poor on a Pajero sport i had a few years ago aswell as a Landcruiser and i am not a very big person, the space behind the driver was quite good aswell which i was impressed with.

Hi Tweek. My last car wasn't as mass produces ad the Mitsi. So things were harder to find. If you enter your new reg on Micksgarage you'll have a choice of accessories, that's where I got my roof rack. I got my rubber floor mats here https://www.ebay.ie/itm/154456174065 but they haven't arrived yet, so don't order any.

Best of luck with the car.

• Advertisement

I took the plunge yesterday morning and sealed the deal on a Irish 2019 Outlander,

Congratulations, happy motoring.
    Radio unit failed
    Door catches failed

What sort of other issues were costing you that sort of money?

Radio unit failed
    Door catches failed

Jesus... just copping on to this post now notAMember. What a nightmare and incredibly unfortunate for such a (supposedly) reliable brand. Thanks for the honesty, I really hope the last fix is the last fix and the car does well. That's a relatively very "new" car to be experiencing those type of issues.

Hi Tweek. My last car wasn't as mass produces ad the Mitsi. So things were harder to find. If you enter your new reg on Micksgarage you'll have a choice of accessories, that's where I got my roof rack. I got my rubber floor mats here https://www.ebay.ie/itm/154456174065 but they haven't arrived yet, so don't order any.

Update, these arrived and are ok if you're doing a lot of muddy or beach driving, they're not an exact fit and have to be cut to size... and they're still a bit clumpy, but good for us with a load of surf adult & kids with wetsuits & sandy feet.

Very good I will check them out, a roof rack is on the list along with a carrier for bikes.

Can anyone recommend a boot liner to suit preferably one that is fairly solid?

I got this one, I think if you copy and paste it on micksgarage search it should come up.

It's not a plastic one, but a heavy, hard wearing rubber, so things don't slide up and down when you're driving. Folds over with the partition for your cables no problem.

• Advertisement

Thinking of selling my Outlander, 2015 gh3 with 80000 km, what sort of money should I expect for it?

kanuseeme wrote: »
    Thinking of selling my Outlander, 2015 gh3 with 80000 km, what sort of money should I expect for it?

Prices are up a bit since Brexit so a good time to sell.

Few similar ones on DD to give you an idea.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2015-mitsubishi-outlander-plug-in-low-mileage/27650155

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mitsubishi-outlander-hybrid-low-mileage-perfect/28009434

I took delivery of the the Outlander on Friday, when i got it home i cleaned off the white gunk and decided to take the kids for a drive to Killarney on Saturday which is over 100kms away, i was delighted with the drive it was a busy trip getting to grips with the Outlanders functions, Electric motor and combined driving but i was a happy man when i checked the oil cap to see that there was no white gunk present.

Buffman wrote: »

The second one in Dublin looks really nice and well minded. The first Ad is shocking he must have taken the pics with his Nokia 3210..

I took delivery of the the Outlander on Friday, when i got it home i cleaned off the white gunk and decided to take the kids for a drive to Killarney on Saturday which is over 100kms away, i was delighted with the drive it was a busy trip getting to grips with the Outlanders functions, Electric motor and combined driving but i was a happy man when i checked the oil cap to see that there was no white gunk present.

Congrats on the purchase. Regarding your question to owners to check for gunk... I was actually afraid to check mine!!! That's why I didn't answer. :o

We did our first motorway trip in ours. Clicked on save (not charge) on the motorway and arrived in to the next urban area with more battery than from when we started on the motorway from regenerative energy by using the paddles without using much petrol.

I gunned it after a toll both. Anyone tried this?
    It's like a late 70's or 80's car with a big turbo. There's initial (battery) speed, then the petrol engine kicks in with a "turbo lag" where the car gets a secondary boost of almost impressive speed.

I gunned it after a toll both. Anyone tried this?
    It's like a late 70's or 80's car with a big turbo. There's initial (battery) speed, then the petrol engine kicks in with a "turbo lag" where the car gets a secondary boost of almost impressive speed.

Ye, if I'm planning an overtake I switch to 'Normal' mode (max throttle response) and get the engine going with 'charge' mode, then go for it and no lag at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gadge

Hi guys, I'd like to share my experience with my 2017 4H from the last couple of days.

Stopped at Applegreen Birdhill service station on my way home from work after a 12 hour shift on Monday morning, it's about half way between work and home so it's a handy spot to grab a coffee & a few bits, and get a free charge up to 80% while I'm there. While I'm in the shop at the checkout counter, the whole place experiences a power cut for 1-2 seconds. I thought nothing of it, pay for my stuff and head back out to the car. I unplug the car and notice the charge station is dead as a doornail as I put back the cable.

Car seems fine as I turn it on and pull away, but by the time I'm on the motorway I realize that the red charging indicator on the dash is blinking, and the energy flow on the centre display is flashing on and off every half second or so. The car is driving as normal, I verify that EV mode, charge mode etc are all working fine.

When I get home I plug in and out my granny charger hoping that it will clear the error, but unfortunately the flashing light is still there. I leave it plugged in while I go to bed hoping that a full charge might sort it... it doesn't! But the car seems fine.

I drive to work without issue, charge it fully while parked up there, flashing red light still present. I can't find any info about the problem online so I'm thinking it may be as simple as the car not getting the proper handshake signal to stop the rapid charge, so after work (I finish at 7 so I can be home in time for the school run) I head off to Applegreen again to plug into the same charger and see if it clears the error.

I plug in the car, everything looks ok as I head off into the shop, I joke with the (always lovely) staff that I'm lucky I wasn't stuck there after yesterday's incident :pac:. I unplug the charger, hop into the car, press start button, to be greeted by beep beep beep and this message: "EV SYSTEM SERVICE REQUIRED". Car won't start!

Long story short, the car has to get towed to the main dealer in Limerick, I get a spin home by a friend, it turns out that there's a contactor blown in the rapid charge circuit, won't have a replacement for a couple weeks but I can tip away using the standard charger. Covered under warranty thank God.

Hopefully some info there if you lads ever have that flashing charge light issue... don't plug it in again or you'll be rooted to the spot!

Btw our other car (Auris hybrid) had been parked up and not used for a couple of months, when I went to start that the battery was dead, once I had jump started that I got a Hybrid System fault, 2 cars 1 day, you couldn't make it up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,147 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I wonder did you cause the power cut or did the power cut cause your contactor issue? :)

KCross wrote: »
    I wonder did you cause the power cut or did the power cut cause your contactor issue? :)

I was thinking the same! They said it's happened a few times lately so that's me off the hook!

Good outcome from a pretty serious issue Gadge, thanks for the info. Can't believe the spare car let you down too!! Hope that's not an expensive fix.

• Advertisement

Good outcome from a pretty serious issue Gadge, thanks for the info. Can't believe the spare car let you down too!! Hope that's not an expensive fix.

Hopefully they can just clear the error and get me back on the road... never that easy though is it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭kaahooters

Gadge wrote: »
    Hi guys, I'd like to share my experience with my 2017 4H from the last couple of days.

Stopped at Applegreen Birdhill service station on my way home from work after a 12 hour shift on Monday morning, it's about half way between work and home so it's a handy spot to grab a coffee & a few bits, and get a free charge up to 80% while I'm there. While I'm in the shop at the checkout counter, the whole place experiences a power cut for 1-2 seconds. I thought nothing of it, pay for my stuff and head back out to the car. I unplug the car and notice the charge station is dead as a doornail as I put back the cable.

Car seems fine as I turn it on and pull away, but by the time I'm on the motorway I realize that the red charging indicator on the dash is blinking, and the energy flow on the centre display is flashing on and off every half second or so. The car is driving as normal, I verify that EV mode, charge mode etc are all working fine.

When I get home I plug in and out my granny charger hoping that it will clear the error, but unfortunately the flashing light is still there. I leave it plugged in while I go to bed hoping that a full charge might sort it... it doesn't! But the car seems fine.

I drive to work without issue, charge it fully while parked up there, flashing red light still present. I can't find any info about the problem online so I'm thinking it may be as simple as the car not getting the proper handshake signal to stop the rapid charge, so after work (I finish at 7 so I can be home in time for the school run) I head off to Applegreen again to plug into the same charger and see if it clears the error.

I plug in the car, everything looks ok as I head off into the shop, I joke with the (always lovely) staff that I'm lucky I wasn't stuck there after yesterday's incident :pac:. I unplug the charger, hop into the car, press start button, to be greeted by beep beep beep and this message: "EV SYSTEM SERVICE REQUIRED". Car won't start!

Long story short, the car has to get towed to the main dealer in Limerick, I get a spin home by a friend, it turns out that there's a contactor blown in the rapid charge circuit, won't have a replacement for a couple weeks but I can tip away using the standard charger. Covered under warranty thank God.

Hopefully some info there if you lads ever have that flashing charge light issue... don't plug it in again or you'll be rooted to the spot!

Btw our other car (Auris hybrid) had been parked up and not used for a couple of months, when I went to start that the battery was dead, once I had jump started that I got a Hybrid System fault, 2 cars 1 day, you couldn't make it up!

That's super unlucky, I had a similar issue happen me, dc charging stopped, Red charge indicator.
    If it happens again find the next closest dc charger and charge for 10mim, and it should clear. Seems I was lucky when it happened to me and no damage.

kaahooters wrote: »
    That's super unlucky, I had a similar issue happen me, dc charging stopped, Red charge indicator.
    If it happens again find the next closest dc charger and charge for 10mim, and it should clear. Seems I was lucky when it happened to me and no damage.

I asked the guy in the service centre today how much the repair would cost if the car wasn't under warranty... he said I wouldnt be repairing it, I'd be buying a new car :o. They'll need the car for 2 days when the part is in. SSomething definitely got shagged when the power surge happened in my case, as when I plugged it into the DC charger after the initial incident, the car wouldnt start!

I asked the guy in the service centre today how much the repair would cost if the car wasn't under warranty... he said I wouldnt be repairing it, I'd be buying a new car :o.!

That would have gotten very messy. You'd probably be looking at having it forensically examined by an engineer to prove the exact cause and be going down the insurance claim route against garage/charger if the charger was proven to be the cause.

Buffman wrote: »
    That would have gotten very messy. You'd probably be looking at having it forensically examined by an engineer to prove the exact cause and be going down the insurance claim route against garage/charger if the charger was proven to be the cause.

I said it to the lads in the shop straight away and they called the manager, she said not to worry about it, AG would cover any costs if need be. Saying and doing are two very different things though! Having said that, the staff there couldn't have been nicer.

I said it to the lads in the shop straight away and they called the manager, she said not to worry about it, AG would cover any costs if need be. Saying and doing are two very different things though! Having said that, the staff there couldn't have been nicer.

I'm so glad you posted this.

I'm so glad you posted this.

Maybe that's not the official line and the manager was just being naive. I hope nobody has to deal with this in any case.

Can anyone shed any light on the jump in price on these cars? Friends are trying to get one similar to mine and they can't find one that's not 3k over what we payed. Is it all cars?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,855 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Can anyone shed any light on the jump in price on these cars? Friends are trying to get one similar to mine and they can't find one that's not 3k over what we payed. Is it all cars?

It's a general rise across the board, the hassle now of importing from UK with import duty means prices of used stock here has jumped.

• Advertisement

It's a general rise across the board, the hassle now of importing from UK with import duty means prices of used stock here has jumped.

Oh right, thanks for the info. Looks like everyone loosing out then.

Advertisement