Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV

1212223242527»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

I had it done last year for 550, a friend had his done for 700 about 6 months ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 127 ✭✭CurranBun

Apologies, posted in wrong group

Post edited by CurranBun on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 127 ✭✭CurranBun

Hey Gang,

Someone might have a solution for this for us- We bought a 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander Phev. It is a Japanese import (so manual is in Japanese, however i have google translated everything).

We cant use the bluetooth yet for calls etc, as you need to register it with the App.

We have downlowded the Remote Ctrl Mitsubishi App, and followed the instructions to register our phone to the car.

The car SSID appears on the phone to connect, but then requires the Wi-FI password - which we do not have (have searched everywhere in the manuals and documents) . Any ideas on where we can obtain this password or do we really need to bring it to a Mitsubishi dealer?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭stimpson

It’s been a while since I had an outlander, but there is a way to reset the paired devices. See here: https://www.myoutlanderphev.com/threads/password-pin-reset.3694/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭Buffman

I've never seen the Bluetooth locked to the app on any I've had, just PIN protected. All European so the Jap spec might be different. On any I've got the SSID and password were on a little card about the size of a credit card somewhere in the manual or stuck to the manual folder.

Try the PIN reset posted above and see if that clears the Bluetooth.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles or cartons to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

Ive a 212 outlander from new. Tyres that came with it are Yokohama and I think its time to change the front ones. From googling looks like they were made for electric cars?

PHEV outlander hardly needs a tyre for an electric car does it?

Can get plenty of alternatives in the right size, but just cant figure out if they should be specifically for an electric vehicle?

Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭kaahooters

tbh, i dont think they do, ive crossclimates on mine and theyre fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭Buffman

No, doesn't matter as long as they're the correct size/rating. Currenlty I'm on Hankook but have also had Toyo, Kumho and Sumitomo fitted on previous ones.

Against my advice a colleague went for Triangle Advantex SUV for €100 a corner all in on theirs, but after having a 'spirited' test drive in the wet I can't say I'd fault them for the price.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles or cartons to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

Ok, thanks.

Hankook popped up a few times when ringing around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 ConorOC820

Just checking in down the line, how you got on?

I'm recently into a 2020 outlander phev with same question.

Thanks

Conor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,939 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

I got Dynamo Hiscend's tyres for mine from someone in the trade whom I know, was told they're excellent quality and they weren't expensive.

I haven't been doing track days in mondello in the PHEV!! But I've been on the beach in soft sands & ruts and they're fine.

https://www.ractyres.co.uk/dynamo/hiscend-h-msu01

https://www.tyrereviews.com/Tyre/Dynamo/HISCEND-H-MSU01.htm

Post edited by John_Rambo on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 74 ✭✭nd2no

hi, i am looking to purchase a Hybrid Mitsubishi Outlander, probably 171 or 181. The main reason for this is becuase they advertise that the battery will run for 60k ish, which more than i do in a few weeks. Is this true? will it run for 60k before switching to fuel? and most importantly are the batteries still efficient in 6 / 7 year old cars?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,351 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

No it won't. You'll be lucky to see 40km in a single drive, less if you're driving multiple trips without plugging it in.
    These phevs were meant to be plugged in all the time they are not in use. As such, the used outlanders (particularly the ones before the 2.4 engine) have savage degradation, some only have 60-75% of remaining battery life left.

There is a trick to restore some lost capacity, but as it involves disconnecting the 12v while DC charging I don't recommend it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭kaahooters

I have one, 171 2.0, 12% degredation after 95k miles, i get about 35- 40 km most days in it and getting 65mpg outta it. its completly down to your driving. if your doing that little traveling, it should be fine, just means plugging it in. if you like it by it. my

Advertisement