Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭stimpson

It’s limited to 60 k miles, it’s 4 years.

We’ll probably not worth it because a car will have to be rented.

Easirent at the airport are cheap as chips for car rental. Have used them bofore with a separate excess policy. No hassle.

rolion wrote: »
    @MyLad

I'm honoured to drive you up and down to North from Dublin,if that helps you...
    We will have a chat & coffee while phev charges at a station ... ;)

Good luck .

Haha cheers , I’m trying to convince her to get it fixed cheap as possible and flog it.

Told her to get phev anyway

stimpson wrote: »
    Easirent at the airport are cheap as chips for car rental. Have used them bofore with a separate excess policy. No hassle.

Cheers thanks for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Warranty was 60,000 miles 5 years I think and 8 years 150,000 km if it were an Irish car. Car has 70,000 miles

You only answered one of my questions :p

So the car has 70k miles and the warranty is only up to 60k miles and 5 years. But how old is the car? Less than 5 years old?

And did you have the car serviced by Mitsubishi since you got it, previous service history, did you bring it in yourself, etc.?

ECU shouldn't fail in 5 years. How much is the repair going to be according to Mitsubishi?

I would not accept they can't do anything for you, depending on some of the above answers. I would press them on goodwill. And if that doesn't work out, there's the small claims court

unkel wrote: »

So the car has 70k miles and the warranty is only up to 60k miles and 5 years. But how old is the car? Less than 5 years old?

And did you have the car serviced by Mitsubishi since you got it, previous service history, did you bring it in yourself, etc.?

ECU shouldn't fail in 5 years. How much is the repair going to be according to Mitsubishi?

I would not accept they can't do anything for you, depending on some of the above answers. I would press them on goodwill. And if that doesn't work out, there's the small claims court

SCC gets difficult with a used import. You have no contract with Mitsu Ireland and you have fewer rights with a secondhand good.

Aye. All true. It's a last resort really, but sometimes the threat of the SCC can open up resisting companies :D

Autokey.ie do ECU repairs. Might be worth a shot.

SCC gets difficult with a used import. You have no contract with Mitsu Ireland and you have fewer rights with a secondhand good.

yep , no contract with mitsubishi Ireland that's why Mitsubishi U.K said to send it up north but that's not to say they will offer up to 50% good will at all, so they're supposed to be looking out for 2nd hand one since last Thursday but so far no sign of anything happening, I think I'll pay them a surprise visit tomorrow.

Maybe, have to get the car up to Dublin, more money. Trying to get out of this now as soon as possible and as cheap and flog it.

• Advertisement

Maybe, have to get the car up to Dublin, more money. Trying to get out of this now as soon as possible and as cheap and flog it.

ANd worst of all is that we don't know if it will acctually fix it.

Autokey are all over the country

https://www.autokey.ie/our-locations/

Autokey are all over the country

https://www.autokey.ie/our-locations/

Did I read for ECU it had to go to Dublin ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Did I read for ECU it had to go to Dublin ?

https://www.autokey.ie/garage-services/ecu-engine-control-unit/

LE
    No offence and i really share the pain with MyLad but can we open a new thread and call it "how to repair my ecu on my car" ,pretty please !?

Anyone with a 2017 car ?
    Care to share your version of the software in the car, please.

Buying the car from dealer... should they give me a technical report from the diagnostic computer ?
    Should they confirm all recalls are completed ?
    Also,any software updates dons,as well ?

Thanks.

489529.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 154 ✭✭derekbro

Anyone know if there's anywhere to get a replacement cable that goes from the 3 pin plug to the charger box on the granny cable with ends crimped already? The exact issue from this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRuC1NCQuvE) happened to me.

Would be handier than having to buy a crimper etc.

• Advertisement

derekbro wrote: »
    Anyone know if there's anywhere to get a replacement cable that goes from the 3 pin plug to the charger box on the granny cable with ends crimped already? The exact issue from this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRuC1NCQuvE) happened to me.

Would be handier than having to buy a crimper etc.

Standard crimp tool is only a few euro and those terminals are really cheap too. And crimping is very easy to do. So like the man in the video, I would DIY that.

I hope that man realises that his granny charger is no longer waterproof now though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭Dizraeligears

The heater doesn't work when your running on battery power-the petrol kicks in?
    How do ye find this in everyday use.Its kinda turning me off it,I've been watching various negative-point stuff to open my eyes.

The heater doesn't work when your running on battery power-the petrol kicks in?
    How do ye find this in everyday use.Its kinda turning me off it,I've been watching various negative-point stuff to open my eyes.

Some lower models only have heating from the engine so it has to run when you want heat.
    Higher models have an electric heater run from the battery so they don't need the engine to run.

You don't have to remember to turn off the heater first, and you don't have to be quick to hit the EV button. Just hit the Start button twice WITHOUT your foot on the brake and the car will be on, but not in "Ready" mode. You can stay in that mode as long as you want to adjust turn off the heat or turn on EV mode. Then when you've got everything set the way you want it, put your foot on the brake and hit the Start button again to switch to Ready mode.

Link H E R E

Another challenge that i found is ... the ICE engine kicks in if it thinks that the fuel is too old, it needs to keep it top-up every couple of days / weeks,i still try to determine that timeframe...

Guys,any advice on the best alarm that will work on Outlander !?
    I know some models are not compatible and i was looking to get the one with smart status via pager.
    Any one using it or have a good tip on smart alarm ?
    Fitting these days a GPS tracker as well.

Link HERE. and HERE .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Ok.....

So have a decent offer to buy GX4h. Am I correct the 4h comes with cruise but the 4hs comes with adaptive cruise control.

• Advertisement

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Ok.....

So have a decent offer to buy GX4h. Am I correct the 4h comes with cruise but the 4hs comes with adaptive cruise control.

Yes, correct and few more gadgets than that from 2016 upwards

Yes, correct and few more gadgets than that from 2016 upwards

It's a 162 model

I would prefer the 4hs model of course but hard to get hold of and it is for the Misses and she says she wont use....

I tried to get her to use earlier in the eGolf and that was a disaster....:p

It's a 162 model

I would prefer the 4hs model of course but hard to get hold of and it is for the Misses and she says she wont use....

I tried to get her to use earlier in the eGolf and that was a disaster....:p

Can i be honest !?
    I hate that technology takes over my pleasure of driving, my safety sensors are replaced by beeps, lights, alerts and lasers for radars... more motors and electronics between my hands and the wheel for driving and for breaking... soon im going to be feeling like a handicapped that just press start button and fall asleep.

Can i be honest !?
    I hate that technology takes over my pleasure of driving, my safety sensors are replaced by beeps, lights, alerts and lasers for radars... more motors and electronics between my hands and the wheel for driving and for breaking... soon im going to be feeling like a handicapped that just press start button and fall asleep.

I love driving too but I'd give anything to take the boredom and hassle out of commuting, especially coming off of night shifts so the more automation the better for this style of driving.

Half the people driving are on autopilot anyway, middle lane drivers on the new 3 lane M7 is a joke, it's as if the new lane doesn't exist in the minds of these idiots.

People texting, having the tablet or laptop on their laps and trying to drive, I'm, all for eliminating the dangers from these People.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I have driven cars with adaptive cruise control and tbh, it's a great feature.
    My current GX4h don't have it and I actually miss it. Don't think it's worth the extra money though, particularly since the lane departure warning does my head in - the car is "beepy" enough as it is.

The lane warning I dont think I would like. My mate has it and he says it drives him nuts....

Adaptive cruise I do like on eGolf but I can live without it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,933 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

My lane departure warning is off, it's daft here as the car is usually right on the line of the small roads near me so it's constant beeping.

Adaptive cruise on the otherhand is great as it doesn't beep it just slows the car down when needed. I've gone from motorway speed to a crawl through roadworks to top speed again all by itself.

Forward collision monitor has saved me a few times as it beeps before you can even notice the danger.

Lads,why some of the EV owners look so "lose" while plugging a PHEV to charge in the public charger !??

Lads,why some of the EV owners look so "lose" while plugging a PHEV to charge in the public charger !??

Not sure what you mean?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭Soarer

So is there a definitive list of models, and the additional spec of each iteration?

Looking on Autotrader there, and although some of it is incorrect labeling by the seller, it looks like...
    GX3h
    GX3h+
    GX4h
    GX4hs
    GX5h
    GX5hs

But then there is...
    3h
    4h
    4hs
    5h
    5hs
    Juro

I assume the second list is just lazy people not including the GX part.

• Advertisement

Soarer wrote: »
    So is there a definitive list of models, and the additional spec of each iteration?

Looking on Autotrader there, and although some of it is incorrect labeling by the seller, it looks like...
    GX3h
    GX3h+
    GX4h
    GX4hs
    GX5h
    GX5hs

But then there is...
    3h
    4h
    4hs
    5h
    5hs
    Juro

Second list is lazy people

GX3h
    GX3h+
    GX4h
    GX4hs
    GX5h
    GX5hs

But then there is...
    3h
    4h
    4hs
    5h
    5hs
    Juro

It's laziness. Essentially it's

GX3h is base model
    GX3h+ adds electric heater
    GX4h adds lots of kit (heated front seats, leather, electric tailgate, satnav, app and more)
    GX4hs adds safety kit (adaptive cruise, 360deg camera, parking sensors front and rear, lane departure warning, crash avoidance etc)
    GX5h adds Napa leather, sunroof, heated rear seats, heated steering wheel
    GX5hs adds safety kit to GX5h

Some of that may not be 100% and some bits can be optional on lower models, but it's 95% right.

GX3h is base model
    GX4h adds lots of kit (heated front seats, leather, electric tailgate, satnav, app and more)
    GX4hs adds safety kit (adaptive cruise, 360deg camera, parking sensors front and rear, lane departure warning, crash avoidance etc)

Some of that may not be 100% and some bits can be optional on lower models, but it's 95% right.

The 360 camera come in the 4h does it not?

GX3h is base model

So you'd kinda need to go at least GX4hs and if you can't afford that, might as well get a GX3 and save thousands.

So you'd kinda need to go at least GX4hs and if you can't afford that, might as well get a GX3 and save thousands.

I think the 4h and 4hs are exact same apart for adaptive cruise control

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭iniall

GX3h is base model

GX3h has leather.

What's Juro though?

My 4hs has sunroof,all the heated gadgets and full safety functionality.
    Also,electric bootdoor , electronic assisted brakes and EV Priority mode.

5hs is nicer i guess. but comes with red leather.

489836.jpg

489837.JPG

489838.JPG

489839.JPG

My 4hs has sunroof,all the heated gadgets and full safety functionality.
    Also,electric bootdoor , electronic assisted brakes and EV Priority mode.

5hs is nicer i guess. but comes with red leather.

Couldnt deal with the red leather

How does the EV Priority mode work?

Not sure yet...

I use it when i have juice in the battery and i run around the woods here or at slow speeds in morning / afternoon traffic.
    Also, it has to do with heating, some ICE start then electric heating then ICE goes off...im still learning,never used heating yet and i can keep going very well with heated seats (wheel later in the year).

more H E R E

• Advertisement

Not sure yet...

I use it when i have juice in the battery and i run around the woods here or at slow speeds in morning / afternoon traffic.
    Also, it has to do with heating, some ICE start then electric heating then ICE goes off...im still learning,never used heating yet and i can keep going very well with heated seats (wheel later in the year).

more H E R E

How is app and preheat going?

haven't got so far... very busy with work until next week.i still use the van most of the time.

Not mad in to preheating,i am happy only with the seats and i leave home at 9ish so is quite warm out there.
    But that may change in later the year.

Im working on getting a wireless extender/repeater so that i can control the car from within the house.

Waiting for alarm guys to fit a dual way pager type and for the GPS tracker delivery.

Waiting for second EV charger to be delivered and then i can fit it.

Keep you posted.
    If you in Dublin,you welcome to feel it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭Soarer

haven't got so far... very busy with work until next week.i still use the van most of the time.

Not mad in to preheating,i am happy only with the seats and i leave home at 9ish so is quite warm out there.
    But that may change in later the year.

Im working on getting a wireless extender/repeater so that i can control the car from within the house.

Waiting for alarm guys to fit a dual way pager type and for the GPS tracker delivery.

Waiting for second EV charger to be delivered and then i can fit it.

Keep you posted.
    If you in Dublin,you welcome to feel it.

But what about the car?

I'll get my coat.

My GX5Hs has black leather. Red is only OK for sports cars.

But what about the car?

I'll get my coat.

Doing well.
    Hard to beat 2.3l / 100km

489909.jpg

What you doing about charger?

I already have charge master which is just a big plug....probably go Zappi as it works with Solar if I ever get that installed

• Advertisement

Charger !?
    Outlander has a big Rex built-in !

Im sharing the LEAF until i receive another one. See H E R E .
    Ordered this model H E R E as i was sick of the propaganda and good referals for Zappi and others but no stock and no chance to buy one until ... next generation of hybrids.

Charger !?
    Outlander has a big Rex built-in !

Im sharing the LEAF until i receive another one. See H E R E .
    Ordered this model H E R E as i was sick of the propaganda and good referals for Zappi and others but no stock and no chance to buy one until ... next generation of hybrids.

I will be sharing with eGolf so different cable....hassle....

I was looking at Zappi just because it will slow down if the other charger is going....not very technical

Other options I would be open to?

I will be sharing with eGolf so different cable....hassle....

I was looking at Zappi just because it will slow down if the other charger is going....not very technical

Other options I would be open to?

Well,the L24 is setup to charge at 16A,3 KW.
    Outlander does maxim 3Kw so even i use both i cannot exceed the safety limits.
    Don't believe the PV function will work for me as cars are not home to take benefit of the 5Kw array.
    The juiceNet chargers have built-in function of "talking "to each other if two the same and somehow share the share load between 2 EVs.

◾Safely manage multiple vehicles charging - If you have more than one EV, you can set up your two (or more) JuiceBox Pro units to share one electrical circuit. Say, you have only 30 A capacity in your panel but have two vehicles charging simultaneously. You can program your JuiceBox Pro units to never exceed 30 A combined draw. If only one car is charging, it gets the full 30 A of current. When the second car shows up, the current gets shared 15 A / 15 A between the two. When one of the cars finishes charging, the remaining car ramps back to 30 A.

Doing well.
    Hard to beat 2.3l / 100km

489909.jpg

That's good, what kind of driving gave you that ?

I've used about 4 litres of petrol in the i3 in about 2 months , average 2,500 Kms a month. :D

Ok test drove the GX4h. The EV priority button is not on it. Also it is a pull up hand brake and not the electronic one...

One thing, the dealer was been cheeky and had new tires on front and older tires on back. Thread left on them

But didnt I read somewhere that you need to keep the same tires across the car? or swap at the same time for the warranty? Maybe I am dreaming but I remember seeing this somewhere...maybe it was debunked

• Advertisement
Advertisement