Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Porterstown level crossing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,901 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

That crossing should have been closed years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Why would you do with that? The damage you'd do to your car....

Anyway I heard about some incident causing delays, glad it wasn't a death as I originally thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

eviltwin wrote: »
    Why would you do with that? The damage you'd do to your car....

Anyway I heard about some incident causing delays, glad it wasn't a death as I originally thought.

I presume it was a stolen car, surely even the biggest gob&€ite wouldn’t do that in their own car

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I presume it was a stolen car, surely even the biggest gob&€ite wouldn’t do that in their own car

The self entitled parents who campaigned to keep it open to save a minute on the school run are the kind that'd do it in their own car

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

heard off somebody the drivet was being chased by a gunman..... anybody else hear similar?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭thomasj

daheff wrote:
    heard off somebody the drivet was being chased by a gunman..... anybody else hear similar?

Didn't see a second car in the video

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

L1011 wrote: »
    The self entitled parents who campaigned to keep it open to save a minute on the school run are the kind that'd do it in their own car
    I disagree with this evaluation.
    I supported keeping it open because the Dr Troy Bridge and the proposed pedestrian bridge are not suitable for those in wheelchairs. They are even a pain for those with buggies that could be crossing it 4 times a day.
    For cyclists it was also a pain because the back/forth ramps were excessively long.

St Mochta's football club pitches on the northern side of the railway would be less
    accessible if it was closed.

St Mochta's school were proposing creating a one way drop off system where people came from Clonsilla Road and turned left (towards the level crossing) after drop off. This would alleviate the congestion at the Clonsilla Road junction, especially with those trying to turn right from Porterstown Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

thomasj wrote: »
    Didn't see a second car in the video

didnt see santa claus either :P

seriously though, there's only a video of the incident, not before or after. haven't heard any other reports of a gunman, but the person who told me about it works for IR.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭thomasj

daheff wrote:
    seriously though, there's only a video of the incident, not before or after. haven't heard any other reports of a gunman, but the person who told me about it works for IR.

In fairness, incidents like this are always going to be hearsay, Chinese whispers.

We just need to be reminded by the reports and rumours of the teenager with a gun , shutting down Blanchardstown centre when he found in the west of Ireland in tragic circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,901 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

daymobrew wrote: »
    I supported keeping it open because the Dr Troy Bridge and the proposed pedestrian bridge are not suitable for those in wheelchairs. They are even a pain for those with buggies that could be crossing it 4 times a day.
    For cyclists it was also a pain because the back/forth ramps were excessively long.

St Mochta's football club pitches on the northern side of the railway would be less

St Mochta's school were proposing creating a one way drop off system where people came from Clonsilla Road and turned left (towards the level crossing) after drop off. This would alleviate the congestion at the Clonsilla Road junction, especially with those trying to turn right from Porterstown Road.

And exactly how many wheelchairs per day use the level crossing?

Given the catchment area of St. Mochta's school, how many need to use a car to get there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

blanch152 wrote: »
    And exactly how many wheelchairs per day use the level crossing?

Given the catchment area of St. Mochta's school, how many need to use a car to get there?
    need is subjective. While I cycle my kids 3.5km to their school, there are many who will drive their kids much shorter distances. For that reason I'm the wrong person to ask that question.

I'm sorry for taking this thread off the topic of the vandalism.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭d15ude

daymobrew wrote: »

Ok, in that case it could be left open for pedestrians, wheelchairs, etc.
    but blocked for cars.

Advertisement