Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

apartment water pump noisy

• 20-10-2018 8:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Has anyone bought a water pump recently. Ours is so noisy, it is unbelievable. I wonder if there is a quiet one. And yes, I know about the DIY soundproofing ideas . I am just wondering if there is a quiet one or can it be put up into the attic so I would not hear it as much - as this is ridiculous - stone age solution and the houses / apartments are still built this way. I have not seen a similar solution in any other country. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,448 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Is it a new pump? If it is then I would be it’s not installed properly. It needs to be fitted to an immovable floor and adequately soundproofed. Pumps are noisy, if poorly fitted in a bare plasterboard cabinet then it’s like a stone rattling around in an empty tin.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 pancake12

No, not new. 10 year old stuart turner pump, installed when the apt. block was built. and it is just fixed onto a plaster wall in the water tank storage room. If its on, you can even hear it from outside the apartment in the hallway 1 floor below us... 😂

Advertisement