Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how do you use a nano sim in a micro sim phone?

Options
  • 20-10-2018 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,434 ✭✭✭✭

so junior's phone stopped working and i had an older phone that still works, is there a way of using his sim in the older phone until we get his phone replaced? do any shops sell anything?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

Yes they do
    You can buy a holder that the sun slots into and you can put that into the older phone

I did the exact same recently

Went to a phone repair shop in cork for €5 i got it the shop is called Pair in Wilton cork

I’d imagine most phone shops would have them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Kat1170

If anywhere still does free sim's get one and it will have a multi adapter built in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

silverharp wrote: »
    so junior's phone stopped working and i had an older phone that still works, is there a way of using his sim in the older phone until we get his phone replaced? do any shops sell anything?

Dealz and Euro2/Eurogiant sell the adapters or you can just buy a sim for €5 or the shop might sort you out for free hopefully.

Lyca sims are free

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭BowWow

Lyca sims are free

These are in a stand outside a shop in Donaghmeade Shopping Centre if you are near there.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,434 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

cheers, sounds like i should be able to get sorted in town then

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

When you switch networks, the phone shop will get you a new sim which will be in a plastic card. They will pop out the required mini or micro or nano sim and throw the rest of the plastic card in the bin. Just go into any phone shop and ask for a few of those plastic remnants, you'd be mad to pay money for a 'holder'.

Advertisement