Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamweek 10 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭sanket

Anyone saw Newcastle game..how did Kennedy play..they have a good run of fixtures..he could be my 4th MF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

2 goals in his last 2 home games for Josh Murphy. After Pool game, they have 4 home games in 6 - Leicester, Brighton, Wolves and Southampton. He might be my Fraser replacement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 190 ✭✭Paddy_Irishman

2ft's

Kane has to go. Held him for a week but with City's fixtures ramping up with champions league Im gonna hold off on aguero. He's getting 60mins a game, still looks good for a goal but with champions league I feel he could be rested league games. Spurs v city not a great fixture either.

Ryan Hart
    Holebas Alonso wanB Bennet trippier
    Haz Ricky maddison gudmun Sterling
    Kane mitro Jimenez

I'm thinking Maddison -> Mané
    Kane -> Vardy

If I could afford Salah I'd probably get him but funds not ideal. Leaves me .8 itb.

Mané has been off form and given a break to recover from knock. He's due a goal again at this stage surely and with the rest hopefully back to his best.

I have an alternative of Sterling -> Salah
    Kane -> Laca

That's leaves 1.2 it.

Obviously wait until today's games and Mondays if no rises for relevant players!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

2 goals in his last 2 home games for Josh Murphy. After Pool game, they have 4 home games in 6 - Leicester, Brighton, Wolves and Southampton. He might be my Fraser replacement.

Shout. On yer bike knockaert

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Time to do Arnie & Salah for Kane & Silva.

Need to get Mendy Mahrez & Sterling so need to free up Aguero to get funds. Not sure who to get in forwards tho with Arnie & Wilson already got.

Rico ——> Mendy
    Maddison ——-> Mahrez
    Ward ————> Sterling
    Aguero ———-> Fodder

That’ll leave me with a 3-5-2 and think that’s my preferred route now as strikers are drying up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Wildcard activated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Time to do Arnie & Salah for Kane & Silva.

Need to get Mendy Mahrez & Sterling so need to free up Aguero to get funds. Not sure who to get in forwards tho with Arnie & Wilson already got.

Rico ——> Mendy
    Maddison ——-> Mahrez
    Ward ————> Sterling
    Aguero ———-> Fodder

That’ll leave me with a 3-5-2 and think that’s my preferred route now as strikers are drying up

Having 2 ManC midfielders is not the way to go imo

1) Rotation
    2) KDB returning from injury will cause more rotation

Strikers are drying up but Aguero is the most consistent FPL player ever

Thoughts:
    a) Mane and Mitrovic
    b) Maddison and Lacazette

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Thoughts:
    a) Mane and Mitrovic

Wait for news on Mane ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

MNF dependent, Kane to Laca and Ings to Arnie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Thoughts:
    a) Mane and Mitrovic
    I'd stay away from Mitro. He's a good player but in a poor Fulham team. He will score a few goals but not regularly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    I'd stay away from Mitro. He's a good player but in a poor Fulham team. He will score a few goals but not regularly.

A poor team defensively as they are extremely attacking
    Don’t buy any of their defenders
    Schurrle or mitro only

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

sanket wrote: »
    Anyone saw Newcastle game..how did Kennedy play..they have a good run of fixtures..he could be my 4th MF

Anyone?

I've got him but don't know if he's worth keeping or should I be looking to jig things around for a 5.0 defender..

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭BlondeBomb

Any thoughts on Martial? Likely to start now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

BlondeBomb wrote: »

Even as a starter, he's not a good choice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Anyone?

I've got him but don't know if he's worth keeping or should I be looking to jig things around for a 5.0 defender..

Had one shot
    Won a free

Newcastle are septic attacking wise doesn't matter how good their fixtures
    No way I'd have him as my 4th mid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭macraignil

km79 wrote: »
    Had one shot
    Won a free

Newcastle are septic attacking wise doesn't matter how good their fixtures
    No way I'd have him as my 4th mid

Newcastle going forward this season are consistently very bad and could not even break down the Cardiff defense. Was thinking of bringing in Kenedy myself after Newcastle got past their horrible early run of fixtures but they haven't even been able to make anything out of their easier games. Josh Murphy of Cardiff looks like he might be a better bet at that sort of price but happy myself to keep Hojbjerg as my cheap midfielder. Newcastle supporter myself so hoping they can turn it around soon to avoid relegation and Kenedy could become an option if they do start to improve as he is one of their best attacking talents.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Might finally be able to downgrade my 5th MF Kante to a 4.5 or less fodder.

Tripper to Mendy could happen either.

Plenry of other problems still exist at Shineon HQ.
    Some of these should probbly be sorted before I go selling Trippier :/
    Gks: McCarthy-Hamer
    MF-Fraser-Kante
    FW: Ings

On the watchlist are:
    Gk: Ryan or Fabianski
    MF: Knockheart or Anyone cheap
    FW: Arnie or Mitrovic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,427 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Mane down again tonite, he’ll be coming in for Sane

People stuck in TAA boat,what are ye thoughts..TAA
    >Gomez?same price.same team..

• Advertisement

Green&Red wrote: »
    Mane down again tonite, he’ll be coming in for Sane
    Not touching Mane,he usually takes couple of weeks to settle..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Same issues tbh. I totally misread that situation as I avoided Robertson as he’s been looking knackered and I feared a ‘surprise’ rest for him.

Lovren has played well in his 2 starts, so unfortunately I now think it’s 2 from 3 with TAA, Gomez and Lovren. I’ll see how the CL goes but might just look at bringing in Robertson...or Alisson.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

BlondeBomb wrote: »

Martial,lingard, mata all the same always a poor 45 minutes away from being out of the team for weeks. Its been the same with those 3 since jose has been in charge. Doesnt seem to trust any of them and has too many options at a similar level to bring in to change things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Will be sinking in OR and mini-leagues again this GW - have 2 FT's and don't know where to start - still hit free so far this season and not averse to taking a multi-hit mini-wildcard approach if needs be.

Current squad:

Foster | Hamer

TAA | Alonso | Bednarek | Doherty | AWB

Salah | Hazard | Maddison | Fraser | Richarlison

Ings | Mitrovic | Kane

Have 2 FT's and don't know where to start - still hit free so far this season and not averse to taking a multi-hit mini-wildcard approach if needs be.

Issues:

- Defence suddenly looking very shaky - PAL & WOL have horrendous fixtures coming up; Bednarek is fodder; TAA seemingly out of favour(?)

- I think it's time to move Richarlison on - ideally moving him out would be in a swap for Mane

- Kane doesn't look right still imho; needs a break

- Want to keep Salah; having held him all season it would be nuts to sell now. Would hope that he gets a rest in midweek.

- No Man City cover

Options in my head so far:

1) Kane & Ings out for Lacazette & Arnie (1.5m ITB)

2) Kane & Ings out for Lacazette & Arnie, and Benarek out for max 5.4m defender (Bellerin, Stones etc, or a cheapie like Cedric) -4

3) Kane out for Lacazette, and Maddison to Mane (0.0 ITB)

Any other obvious option I'm missing (?)

Cheers cm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Patricio Hamer
    Mendy Alonso A Smith AWB Bennett
    D Silva Hazard Salah Ricky Ward
    Aguero Jimenez Arnautovic

0.0 in the bank.

Will hold D Silva another week. I can't see him being left out for the Spurs game.

I could use the transfer to move A Smith on for a Brighton defender (though I feel I may have missed the boat now). Or I could get rid of Ward for Gunnarsson or Hojberg for a playing sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Can anyone tell me whats the issue with TAA? Is he just out of favor since Lovren has come back and Gomez is starting as the WB now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Can anyone tell me whats the issue with TAA? Is he just out of favor since Lovren has come back and Gomez is starting as the WB now?

He played very poorly against Napoli and was dropped for the City game. He looked knackered so I figured he was just getting a rest.

I was fairly surprised he wasn't back in v Huddersfield and, with both Lovren and Gomez playing well, its a bit unclear when he'll get back in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

SlickRic wrote: »
    Patricio Hamer
    Mendy Alonso A Smith AWB Bennett
    D Silva Hazard Salah Ricky Ward
    Aguero Jimenez Arnautovic

Or I could get rid of Ward for Gunnarsson or Hojberg for a playing sub.

Could do worse than Ward to Hojberg, he's close to a rise and actually looked like Southampton's most dangerous player in the highlights I saw, albeit they were long range efforts he had. Can see him continuing to get the odd goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Holding for the moment. I still fancy TAA to play the easier home matches at RB over Gomez.

I'd be very surprised if TAA didn't play home to Cardiff. He offers far more offensively than Gomez.

Gomez seems to be relatively safe as it seems he may play CB for these easy games and RB for the away games, but it's all up in the air a bit with Lovren back.

None of Lovren, TAA or Gomez are 100% nailed imo, but Gomez seems the best shout for the moment.

I'm holding TAA for the moment. At his price if he does continue to play in the easier games and you have a strong bench it's not a terrible option and not a pressing transfer imo.

But if I was on a wildy I'd be forking out the extra for Robbo who is definitely nailed and offers great attacking returns

• Advertisement

Morzadec wrote: »
    But if I was on a wildy I'd be forking out the extra for Robbo who is definitely nailed and offers great attacking returns
    No. Stop it!

Advertisement