Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets Host redirecting

Options
  • 20-10-2018 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭

Hi I recently have had to redirect a domain which is on Lets Host to an existing url, but hiding the destination URL, I have done so previously on a different hosting site but Lets Host instructed me as follows.

hank you for your email.
    To enable URL Masking, please see the following instructions:
    1) Open a notepad doc.
    2) Insert the code within the attached text file.
    3) Replace the 'http://www.domain.com' with your target URL.
    4) Save it as a .html file
    5) Upload it to the server.

This will trigger a "meta refresh", when anybody visits your .html page, they will be redirected to your target URL.

Please note that the above is provided as a courtesy - we do not provide any coding or design-related support.
    If there is anything else we can assist with, please let us know.

this is the code they sent me

The below are the codes, please do not forgot to replace www.domain.com with the exact destination.
    ===================================================================================================

<HTML>
    <FRAMESET border=0 rows="100%,*" frameborder="no" marginleft=0 margintop=0 marginright=0 marginbottom=0>
    <frame src="http://www.domain.com&quot; scrolling=auto frameborder="no" border=0 noresize>
    <frame topmargin="0" marginwidth=0 scrolling=no marginheight=0 frameborder="no" border=0 noresize>
    </FRAMESET>
    </HTML>
    ===================================================================================================

Ok so my question is where do i add this code as Lets Host have told me they only supplied the previous info as a courtesy ?

Comments

Advertisement