Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bidding war

Options
  • 20-10-2018 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I’m currently in a bidding war. I gave the highest bid and then the realtor company said there’s a couple who want a second viewing and that I’ll have to wait over the weekend to see if my bid (highest bid thus far) will be outbid as there second viewing will be on Friday. Can I say on Monday that I offer “such and such and they have 24h to accept my offer otherwise I’ll withdraw from the bidding”? Problem is.. I really want the house..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

You can time limit it but in this market I doubt it'll do anything. Ideally for a time limited bid to work you need to have two or more properties you'd be happy with.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,990 ✭✭✭✭elperello

You can but I think you should do it only if you are bidding at the very top of your limit.
    Otherwise you may regret if the house sells below your max.

Advertisement