Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SD card corruption unable to retrieve data from it

Options
  • 20-10-2018 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hi,

I have an external SD card that appears to have corruption on it was used for extra storage on a mobile phone. I have put this in an SD USB reader attached to my laptop and i can see all the files etc on it.

I can see the file directories and i can copy some pictures off this but the majority of the pictures when i try to copy the drive disconnects and i cant access the data. It reloads the drive a minute or two later but i cannot copy this off it.

I have tried to run a chkdsk /r on the drive but again it seems to unmount the drive during this and doesnt work. I have tried carious free recovery file systems but as they are all running they seem to stop halfway through and then the drive unmounts and mounts again. Like the corruption just stops the software from scanning it.

Anyone have any ideas on how this could be recovered.

cheers Rob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Your attempts (especially chkdsk) have probably pushed it passed recoverability.

Write blocker, recuva/testdisk, a known good reader (like a decent one).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Take an image of the device and work on the image and not on the card.

Advertisement