If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query: AVR Upgrade

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

I've merged your posts and given them a new thread, easier for RS to keep track.

Cheers,

Ritz.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

The Ritz wrote: »
    Mod Comment

I've merged your posts and given them a new thread, easier for RS to keep track.

Cheers,

Ritz.

Thanks Ritz.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Thinks for your post.

Keeping within your budget I would opt for the Denon AVRX2400, for the spec you are getting for the price it is excellent value for money.  

Going slightly over your budget of the the three you have list I would recommend the Sony which is a current what hifi award winner.

Our current price for the AVRX3500 is £899/€999 https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203538-denon-avrx3500h-atmos-av-receiver.aspx?swapstore=1

Your current speakers will work fine with an Atmos set up. You will just need to add either a pair of ceiling speakers or a pair of up firing speakers 

Regards Stephen

Hi Thinks for your post.

Keeping within your budget I would opt for the Denon AVRX2400, for the spec you are getting for the price it is excellent value for money.  

Going slightly over your budget of the the three you have list I would recommend the Sony which is a current what hifi award winner.

Our current price for the AVRX3500 is £899/€999 https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203538-denon-avrx3500h-atmos-av-receiver.aspx?swapstore=1

Your current speakers will work fine with an Atmos set up. You will just need to add either a pair of ceiling speakers or a pair of up firing speakers 

Regards Stephen

Thanks for the reply Stephen.

What's the difference between the Sony and the 3400 that makes you pick the sony?

I would probably feel more comfortable with a Denon, if I was to go with the 3400h am I losing something by not picking the Sony apart from price?

What's the warranty with yourselfs for the Denon 3400 and the Sony?

Thanks again
    BobbyT28

I also heard that unless you are using a Sony TV the Sony receivers have issues with arc, hdmi and other comparability issues.

What's the best price you could do on the 3400h for a returning customer and boardie delivered to Dublin?

• Advertisement

BobbyT28 wrote: »
    I also heard that unless you are using a Sony TV the Sony receivers have issues with arc, hdmi and other comparability issues.

What's the best price you could do on the 3400h for a returning customer and boardie delivered to Dublin?
    Hi BobbyT28.

I have not had any customers complain of issues when using the 1080 along with different brands and we have sold a lot of them.
    I have been tempted for a while now by the 1080 but have not yet pulled the trigger.

The AVRX3400 is now discontinued with no more stock available unfortunately.

I could offer the NEW AVRX3500 for £799 for a returning customer if that might be of interest to you?

Denon products come with a 2 year standard warranty and the 1080 just the normal one year.
    You can purchase our 6 year guarantee on either of these for 10% of their purchase price.

Let me know your thoughts.

Hi BobbyT28.

I have not had any customers complain of issues when using the 1080 along with different brands and we have sold a lot of them.
    I have been tempted for a while now by the 1080 but have not yet pulled the trigger.

The AVRX3400 is now discontinued with no more stock available unfortunately.

I could offer the NEW AVRX3500 for £799 for a returning customer if that might be of interest to you?

Denon products come with a 2 year standard warranty and the 1080 just the normal one year.
    You can purchase our 6 year guarantee on either of these for 10% of their purchase price.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks.for thenrey Kenny,

Is there anyway you get in the 3400h for me?

Rob.

God sorry for hounding you!! I am still looking at.the Sony but I'm just worried I'll regret not spending on the 3500h but I just can't afford £799.

If you have time is the Sony future proofed (I know things change very quickly ) And what are pros and cons of going with this Sony compared to the Denon 3500h? Are the both just as good as each other ?

God sorry for hounding you!! I am still looking at.the Sony but I'm just worried I'll regret not spending on the 3500h but I just can't afford £799.

If you have time is the Sony future proofed (I know things change very quickly ) And what are pros and cons of going with this Sony compared to the Denon 3500h? Are the both just as good as each other ?
    Hi BobbyT28.

The Sony is an excellent receiver but he 3500 is a step up all together.
    In terms of future proofing on the Sony. It is currently up to date but as you say thing change so quickly.

The 1080 would be in the same league as the the 2500.

The very very best I could offer on the 3500 would be £775 this is £125 off retail and the cheapest I can see these amp anywhere.

Hi BobbyT28.

In terms of future proofing on the Sony. It is currently up to date but as you say thing change so quickly.

The very very best I could offer on the 3500 would be £775 this is £125 off retail and the cheapest I can see these amp anywhere.
    Kenny,

Can you leave it with me, want to see if I can some how muster the extra bit of cash together to get this, as it reall is the one I want? Will the offer  stand?

BobbyT28

• Advertisement

Hi BobbyT28.

Kenny,

Can you leave it with me, want to see if I can some how muster the extra bit of cash together to get this, as it reall is the one I want? Will the offer  stand?

BobbyT28
    No problem at all BobbyT28.

I'll hold the pricing for you for as long as I can ;)

Hi,

Just want to say a big thank you to Richersounds Belfast. Put the order in for the Denon avr-x3500. Unbelievable customer support, with all the advise and recommendations, if you ask me they are the Amazon of customer support when it comes to AV stuff.

Thanks again.
    BobbyT28

Hi,

Just want to say a big thank you to Richersounds Belfast. Put the order in for the Denon avr-x3500. Unbelievable customer support, with all the advise and recommendations, if you ask me they are the Amazon of customer support when it comes to AV stuff.

Thanks again.
    BobbyT28
    Thank you very much for your post BobbyT28!

I have your amp ready to ship his afternoon and it will be with you on Tuesday.

Thanks again for your order and please let me know if you've any problems with the delivery!

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.