Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exceptional Live Performance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

One that still sticks in my mind is Iggy Pop & the Stooges at Electric Picnic 2007, there seems to be no decent clips from this event so the Glastonbury 2007 one will have to do. Bjork that year was also incredible too.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Off topic slightly but this would be a great name for a band

• Registered Users Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

The clip of U2 in Slane performing All I Want Is You,leading into Where The Streets Have No Name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Faithless insomnia at the Olympia theatre.. long time ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Easily the most intense performance I've ever seen

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Pidae.m

Manic street preachers in the opera house in Cork in 1998.It was my first gig and I was 15. It blew my mind. I think I just couldn't get over how loud the music was,it wasn't even sold out.
    Actually bloc party in the ambassador I think in early 2007 was a good gig too.
    Never been to a bad kerbdog gig either to think of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,408 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

In today's scene everybody who plays a gig here ends up being exceptional and we get all this bollocks being reported on these clipbait sites

https://www.joe.ie/music/irishman-gets-on-stage-with-enrique-iglesias-after-claiming-to-speak-spanish-gets-found-out-instantly-645195

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Iv always been blown away how radiohead can recreate their tracks so well live.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Iv always been blown away how radiohead can recreate their tracks so well live.

= backing tracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

For me, the best recent performance I've seen personally live was Eddie Vedder in The Point in 2017. It just felt like he was having so much fun and didn't want it to stop:
    Amazing setlist that went on for hours :)
    Great audience (Guy at the start was a little bit annoying but not too bad
    So few phones even without the pouches. (Well done audience :) )
    Individual performances in this set?

Elderly Woman. The NOISE from everyone from "Hello" on was just breathtaking. Everyone singing along a wee bit subdued...... waiting.... waiting..... annnnnnd.... "Helloooooooooo"

Jeremy on String Quartet. Went with a friend who loves his stuff but isn't one to rave about something... or even acknowledge something at times :) sits down after than and says "Well that didn't suck" Supreme high praise.

Hard Sun. Everyone givin' it loads at this stage. Had to end at that 'cos I think we'd all have been bloody kicked out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭argentum

https://youtu.be/MUiqpfKAqV0 for the day that's in it ...The perfect end to a pop concert which shows why she sells out so fast

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Queen at live aid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Arcade Fire

In the round

Everything now tour 3Arena

Muse

Marley Park

Torrential Rain which somehow evaporated and turned into a mist before it hit the ground. Lazers in the mist with the music was amazing.

St Vincent

olympia theatre

Fear The future tour

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Kate Bush, Hammersmith Odeon, 2014

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭setanta1000

I am torn between two:

a.) Tina Turner, Madison Square Gardens 1987 - just an out and out pop masterclass by her at the very height of her career - all she had to do was move and the place went bananas!.....I also went with the girl next door I was trying very hard to impress, and I think it worked!

b.) Page and Plant The Point 1995 (I think) I was too young to see Zep in person so this was the closest I was ever going to get and it was a million times better than I ever thought it could be - pure joy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Spiritualized at Radio City Music Hall 2010

spiritualized.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Sigur Ros in the 3Arena a couple of years back, closest thing to a spiritual experience I would assume. Absolutely mind bogglingly good.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,773 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I was on the side of the stage for Bjork at the last Feile and it was an amazing experience...
    Turned my opinion of what I thought was a meh act to something beautiful!

Kings of Leon at Oxegen '09 were great too.
    But hands down one of my favourite acts live, The Darkness!!
    Last 2 gigs I've seen em at were brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭PawneeRanger

This is one of my all-time favourites.
    The energy and fun is amazing :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

LCD Soundsystem playing All My Friends at glastonbury in 2016 will stick with me

• Registered Users Posts: 38,408 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

https://youtu.be/NxYNoEmXEjg. That whole pinkpop show by pearl jam is amazing

Nirvana MTV unplugged is on hell of a show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Pidae.m

PTH2009 wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/NxYNoEmXEjg. That whole pinkpop show by pearl jam is amazing

Nirvana MTV unplugged is on hell of a show

And live at Reading is a belter of a show

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭jacool

Been to thousands of gigs, loads of them superb, but based on ELP (no not Emerson, et al.) as in title, then
    Future Islands Cork Opera House 2017
    Runners-up
    REM RDS 1989
    Whipping Boy Astoria 1996

Prodigy at the Olympia - Started off naff, by the end I was surprised to see the walls were still standing due to the crowd losing their mind that much.

Beck at the Olympia - That table winched down from the ceiling is one of my favourite moments ever in a gig.

Helmet at Dalymount part of Sunstroke. Heaviest, loudest gig I'd been too at that point.

White Zombie at Sunstroke the following year. Blew the headliner, Soundgarden, off the stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 yannanevotna

Carter USM: The Final Comedown 2014 @ the Brixton Academy...unreal gig, crowd, venue, the emotion
    Radiohead: The OK Computer Tour @ the Sydney Ent Centre 1997is. Mind blowing
    The Frank & Walters: Whelans 2016. They still have it
    Stone Rose: Heaton Pk (Sat). Mean't a lot to the crowd of us who headed over. What a day / night topped off with having a good yarn with John Robb about the 90's

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I'm I the only mentioning gigs from the Picnic, c'mon people dig out your Picnic memories.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

b.) Page and Plant The Point 1995 (I think) I was too young to see Zep in person so this was the closest I was ever going to get and it was a million times better than I ever thought it could be - pure joy!
    I was there too. They were incredible. Four Sticks played by the Egyptian ensemble was stuck in my head for weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭dmc17

Advertisement