Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Declaring Redundancy Payment in ROS

Options
  • 21-10-2018 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,
    Wonder if anyone is familiar with ROS website and this...
    I was made redundant at the end of 2017 and am filing my yearly return now. The redundancy was my first and below the threshold (so no tax payable). I understand that you are to declare this in ROS regardless.
    However, when I came to enter this into the website, could not find any section that covered a redundancy payment (strange, as it's not uncommon !).
    - In Paye/BIK(2) panel there is a section "Income from Irish employment not subjected to PAYE" but that is then fully taxed so didn't use that.
    - There is a panel "Exempt Income" listing artist ememption/rent-a-room but also "other exempt income".

As I say, it's not an uncommon scenario ... where do I enter this and complete the return ?

thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Hi,
    Wonder if anyone is familiar with ROS website and this...
    I was made redundant at the end of 2017 and am filing my yearly return now. The redundancy was my first and below the threshold (so no tax payable). I understand that you are to declare this in ROS regardless.
    However, when I came to enter this into the website, could not find any section that covered a redundancy payment (strange, as it's not uncommon !).
    - In Paye/BIK(2) panel there is a section "Income from Irish employment not subjected to PAYE" but that is then fully taxed so didn't use that.
    - There is a panel "Exempt Income" listing artist ememption/rent-a-room but also "other exempt income".

As I say, it's not an uncommon scenario ... where do I enter this and complete the return ?

thanks.

I thought it wasn't but maybe for completeness under "other exempt income"

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kildaregriff

Thanks, entering it under exempt income does keep it out of the overall tax calculation, pity it's not explicitly called out anywhere by ROS.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Skippette

Thanks, entering it under exempt income does keep it out of the overall tax calculation, pity it's not explicitly called out anywhere by ROS.

Give the business line a call tomorrow they should be able to tell you where to enter it.

If you can't call during the day, phone lines are open till 8pm on Tues, Wed and Thurs.

You need to call ROS Technical first and ask to be put through to the late business line.

01 73 83 699 option 4 for ROS Technical

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kildaregriff

Hi Skippette.
    Rang revenue on 01 73 83 699 option 4 for ROS Technical and got thru to PAYE helpdesk. Revenue said that I did not need to enter this for the 2017 tax return. (It may have changed, as the helpdesk agent originally thought I was talking about a previous year and was directing me, but when he realised it was for last year said that was not necessary).

thanks all, I think I'll leave it at that and file the return.

Advertisement