Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How should I register business

Options
  • 21-10-2018 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭

I am doing a wood carving/craft, art course which I love but unfortunately to carry on as a business will take a lot of luck. There are many people on the course with me in the same boat. There is an Art & design council here but as with most things in Ireland it is quite a closed crony circle. So I was thinking of starting something to not only help myself but to help other as well
    I am looking to start a business where I will manage & run a property that will be essentially be a creative hub. Where artists, craft people etc rent a room/area to work in so start up costs would be minimal. There will also be a shop onsite to sell their products to the public. I would be looking for sponsorships, grants etc whatever I could to help with getting money in to help with buying paints, wood etc.
    I would eventually like to get a wage & also to employ people but I would like most of the profits, if not all, to go towards the community whether thats back to arts/craft people or to different charities.
    So would I set up as a non profit or not?
    Just looking to bounce my idea off someone before I go forward.
    Any ideas would be great so would any advise

Advertisement