Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips HUE - Home & Away Setup

Options
  • 21-10-2018 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭

Hi

Im tring to get Home & Away working with my HUE, I have setup the hall and landing lights to be trigger with the home and away setting.

this seems to work randomly for me, this should use my location from phone to swith lights on as I approach the house and off when I leave ?

I assume this is using 3g/4g / location and not WIFI

any tips
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I'd assume it is using GPS on your phone in the app to detect how close you are to your home.

I'm not crazy about geofencing (what this is called), for a variety reasons, I think it is a bit hit and miss and can suck up phone battery, but perhaps others have different experience.

You could just build the home and away setting into Google or Alexa if you have them, "Hey google, I'm home", "Hey Google, I'm leaving". That is what I do and I find it more reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭eusap

Maybe try delete and re-setup, I have mine setup for over a year and it works really well. Which phone are you using? mine is setup on iPhone

Advertisement