Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a House

Options
  • 21-10-2018 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi,

Planning to buy a house in Dublin, during my initial research I though of buying in area like Ballyfermot or Cherry Orchard. However, news related to the area is not good.

Then someone suggested me to buy it in Lucan, however the connectivity from City Center is not easy from Lucan.
    I though of Finglas East then.

The requirement is good schools nearby, and good connectivity from City center. May be in 300K.

Bit confused, any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Kilbarrack would be an option if you can push your budget a bit. You're not going to get much in Dublin for 300K, especially with good CC links.

This if it's not already gone hugely over asking would be on a quiet street near the DART. It would have access to, although not guaranteed placement in, some good schools.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Don't do ballyfermot or cherry orchard.

Try Cabra. Some nice 3 beds for around 300k.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

krsnaAH wrote: »
    Then someone suggested me to buy it in Lucan, however the connectivity from City Center is not easy from Lucan.

There's about half dozen buses from Lucan to the City.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 krsnaAH

Thanks all for your suggestions. I found something in Lucan. Looking for more options before I finalize. It is a time consuming task..

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Village area of Clondalkin is also good, settled and quiet, and relatively affordable. Luas is nearby and decent bus connectivity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 kmfrob

krsnaAH wrote: »
    Hi,

Planning to buy a house in Dublin, during my initial research I though of buying in area like Ballyfermot or Cherry Orchard. However, news related to the area is not good.

I though of Finglas East then.

The requirement is good schools nearby, and good connectivity from City center. May be in 300K.

Bit confused, any suggestions?

I’ve talked a bit on here about Finglas East. I live there so I’m pretty biased obviously but I think it’s a great area.

Multiple bus routes into the city, good quality and attractive houses, good community, walking distance to Botanic Gardens (at least where we are on Glasanaon Road), barely any nuisance from kids (though not completely absent), good park in Johnstown park and good access to a range of supermarkets.

The only things I think it’s missing really are a decent coffee shop and a decent pub (subjective I know).

You could go a lot worse! There’s a house a few doors down from us on for the low 200s at the moment. It needs gutting completely as far as I can tell but it’s priced accordingly.

Advertisement