Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung S9+ €569 Amazon.de

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,240 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

You'll have a "battery over heating" message in no time. If you are going to spring €500+ for a phone, throwing a €1 adapter on the end of it is a bad choice. Genuine chargers are €20 max

Not really...i use a 35c chinese adaptor and its grand...remember main charger is still samsung one...this is just physical device to let it be slotted on our sockets...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

webels wrote: »
    Not sure why this would happen. Surely the genuine charger comes with the phone only difference is the 2 pins. These adapters are just like rewiring to 3 pins but much more conveniently no need to cut wires.

Of course that wouldn't happen. There's nothing wrong/dodgy/inferior about "converting" the EU charger to 3 pin for local use in Ireland. vectorvictor's talking out of his hat.

EDIT: I've used these on Sony Z5 and Galaxy S8 chargers for years without issue, unsurprisingly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

You'll have a "battery over heating" message in no time. If you are going to spring €500+ for a phone, throwing a €1 adapter on the end of it is a bad choice. Genuine chargers are €20 max

Don't be silly. You are still using the proper official Samsung charger rated at Irish voltage.
    The adapter has to carry about 0.5 Amps, it's perfectly fine.
    Not to mention, how the adapter is going to make the battery overheat. :confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭bromley52

Don't be silly. You are still using the proper official Samsung charger rated at Irish voltage.
    The adapter has to carry about 0.5 Amps, it's perfectly fine.
    Not to mention, how the adapter is going to make the battery overheat. :confused::confused:

The cheap chargers usually dont have the circuitry to stop overcharging. You could either destroy the phone or worse the house. Chargers are one of the main causes of house fires.

bromley52 wrote: »
    The cheap chargers usually dont have the circuitry to stop overcharging. You could either destroy the phone or worse the house. Chargers are one of the main causes of house fires.

0/10 for comprehension, both you and vectorvictor. It's the official Samsung EU charger with a 2-pin to 3-pin converter.

"Overcharging"? "Battery over heating"? Thanks for your contributions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

bromley52 wrote: »

Can you not read, there is no cheap charger. The original Samsung charger is being used. :confused:

I think we're going to have to spell this one out :pac::pac:

467863.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

^ great offer i must say

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Declan Moffit

Does anyone know if you can get insured when you buy thru 3rd party Amazon resellers?

I'm considering getting one but if I can't insure it I might not end up saving much money in the end :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭joe250

Did you ever find out what the 'other' versions means?

Anyone know what the difference is?

Advertisement