Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Black Ops 4 PC

• 21-10-2018 6:57pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭

No sign of a PC thread and the one in the COD board is 99% console players so here goes :)

I decided to try it after reviewers i sort of trust loved it and to my surprise its excellent.

While all the hype is about Blackout and rightly so with it being better BR game already than PUBG its standard multiplayer is where its at for me.
    Gunplay is excellent, reminds me of titanfall 2 infantry gunplay which is fantastic.
    Best COD ive played since COD4 without a doubt.
    I havent played zombies yet but also hearing good things about it.

Hoping more of the PC crowd here get it and we can have some games.

Nice in depth review here from skillup, start at 9 mins if your interested in multiplayer.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,731 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Isn't there some drama that the servers are only running at 20Hz instead of 60?

Anyway all COD is bollocks to me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Yeah they dropped down to 20hz from 60hz that the beta was running, weird move but they say they are monitoring network performance blah blah blah.
    There was a small patch lastnight for "network performance increase" maybe they upped the tickrate a bit.

Anyway all COD is bollocks to me.

Im the biggest hater ever since COD4 but when i had a go of it on young lads xbox and reviews were positive i took a chance on PC and glad i did.

Im into the likes of insurgency,arma,red orchestra so realism stuff with some battlefield gives me my fps fix but even i can appreciate the quality of this years COD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Played Blackout and it played well (looks woeful) but played well.

I would have no interest in the other MP as you do not get punished for dying, dying is a slight inconvenience to getting a decent KDR. Which is all that matters.

Unless thats changed I doubt COD MP will ever interest me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ondafly

I'm enjoying it, it plays nice and smooth. Took a wee bit of time to get the graphics where I was happy with them, as I felt it was a little blurry (not in a motion blur sense). Nice to see ultra wide support out of the box and also the abillity to move the hud around to suit.

anyway surprisingly enjoying the multiplayer TDM etc, as I mainly bought it to play Blackout, as I'm completely burnt-out on Pubg. Haven't tried Zombies yet other than checking graphics quality.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Played Blackout and it played well (looks woeful) but played well.

I would have no interest in the other MP as you do not get punished for dying, dying is a slight inconvenience to getting a decent KDR. Which is all that matters.

Unless thats changed I doubt COD MP will ever interest me.

This is the issue I've had with CoD forever. Remove the progression system, and there's not much there at all.

I don't understand the appeal of zombies at all. It feels like busy work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

It's funny I was on steam looking for this game for ages and was like wtf.

Eventually did some googling on it and it's on bloody battlenet

Very strange decision that is. I suspect one reason is they don't want refunds....

I've gone ahead and bought and downloading as we speak. Im not expect great things but ill give it a go

Headshot wrote: »
    It's funny I was on steam looking for this game for ages and was like wtf.

Eventually did some googling on it and it's on bloody battlenet

Very strange decision that is. I suspect one reason is they don't want refunds....

I've gone ahead and bought and downloading as we speak. Im not expect great things but ill give it a go

Not a strange decision at all considering Activision Blizzard, Inc. it's a merger of both companies.

Meant to say dont bring your new controller when playing multiplayer :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Headshot wrote: »

o

Steams 30% charge for games and DLC is the most likely reason.

Blizzard have to have a refund policy to sell games in the EU.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Why would you hand one of your biggest competitors free money when you have the ability to offer the same service on your own platform? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Unless it nets you more money.

• Advertisement

Few of us playing daily on this discord: https://discord.gg/Q6VsS8M

I have to say i'm pleasantly surprised so far

my nickname is headshotbrds on battlenet :)

Any have a good video for new players for this game? Be nice to get some tips & advice for the pc version of black ops 4

What ya looking for?

If you want weapon tips for builds etc yer man TheXclusiveAce ace on youtube is decent but he plays on console, solid advice all the same.

Theres another one thats decent too Driftor i think hes called but console too, plays on pc the odd time but as he admits himself he gets owned on there and calls pc players sweats lol.

I find the standard on PC very high to be honest, certainly more so than any of the other multiplayer fps titles with the exception of csgo ofcourse :P

Advertisement