Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung KS series TVs issues

• 21-10-2018 7:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has been sent.to get a refund on their KS model Samsung. It's to.do with that they falsely advertised HDR+, HLG and Smartthings Hub being available in the future and they have since ended development for the KS series of TV's.

The thing is, Smartthings Hub & HDR+ was one the reason I got the KS7000 to future proof and now.they aren't doing it.

Have a look at this three started, alot.of.people have got dull refunds and replacement TV as a result.

The question is, I bought my TV from DID in Jan 2017 with 3 years accidental damage cover.

I was wondering how I would go about get a refund or replacement unit as I have been having issues with lag, jitter etc. I wouldn't even know where to start.

The CEO of Samsung has confirmed that they will not be supporting a lot of features that it promised would be coming. See the thread, it has videos, emails etc detailing this.

Has anyone got a refund for this range of TV's from , DID, Richersounds etc?

Here's the thread:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV-Audio-Video/KS-Owners-refund/m-p/358805/page/105

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

I’ve edited the thread title for clarity - owners threads are usually for discussion about user experience, setting etc.

The question is, I bought my TV from DID in Jan 2017 with 3 years accidental damage cover.

I was wondering how I would go about get a refund or replacement unit as I have been having issues with lag, jitter etc. I wouldn't even know where to start.

Your post seems to be mixing two separate issues here, your problem with your tv and the matter referred to regarding Samsung not supporting certain features.

if your tv has developed a fault with lag, jitter as you say, then you should contact the retailer you bought it from and ask them for a solution.

This appears to me to be unrelated to the matter of certain features not being supported by Samsung.

All,

If anyone has personal experience of either of these issues, I’m sure the OP would appreciate any insight.

I’d appreciate if we could keep this to factual assistance, “ torches and pitchforks” isn’t going to help anyone.

Cheers,

Ritz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,894 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I have a 60KS7000 and only recently went to HDR sources.
    The issues that have been highlighted by others have now become apparent to me, used the TV for a year with no HDR sources.

I have contacted the retailer to ask if they have any updates from Samsung on the issues.
    The TV was bought with "future-proofing" in mind and now that seems like it's not an option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

banie01 wrote: »
    I have a 60KS7000 and only recently went to HDR sources.
    The issues that have been highlighted by others have now become apparent to me, used the TV for a year with no HDR sources.

I have contacted the retailer to ask if they have any updates from Samsung on the issues.
    The TV was bought with "future-proofing" in mind and now that seems like it's not an option.

Who was your retailer? Do you mind me asking how you put it them regarding the issue?

I am thinking of contacting DID regarding mine

BobbyT28

Advertisement