Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saves?

Options
  • 21-10-2018 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,211 ✭✭✭

Hey, so i had to buy a new ps4 as there was a hdmi port problem with the old one, i redownloaded my games amd all that on the the new ps.
    Problem is, i just started up dark souls 3 and looks like the saves arent there and can only start a new game.
    Is there anyway i can get my saves? even though i cant use the old ps, are they linked to my account like my games are or am i screwed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Sparko

When I upgraded to a PS4 pro, I uploaded my saves on the old PS4 and then downloaded them on the new one. You'd need to do that on your old one, but that could be hard to do if the hdmi output isn't working - I presume you can't see anything? There's also a usb backup option but again you'd face the same issue.

There's an option to transfer from one PS4 to another by connecting them with a network cable, you just need to power on the old one so don't need to be able to plug in HDMI. If you still have the old one that could work. Manual below - it says it'll clear the data on the new one though.

https://manuals.playstation.net/document/gb/ps4/settings/transfer.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Do you have PS+? Had you backed up your old PS4 ?

Anyway this page or this page should help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,211 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Got it sorted lads thanks. Luckily i had ps+ so was able to just redownload them. Appreciate the replies.

Thank foook i dont have to start that game again as i dont think id put myself through it again

Advertisement