Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Sport cannot chromecast

Options
  • 21-10-2018 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

I have eir broadband and mobile, and I have the eir sport app on my iPhone 7. I can never get the iPhone stream to cast to the tv, even though it picks up the tv name. It hangs at ‘cannot load media’. Chrome cast is built into the Sony Bravia. How can I get this to work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭fizzy

I also have a Sony Android tv with built in chromecast and could not get casting from eir sport app to work even though casting from anything else works fine with it. I get the same error message you do.

I had an older separate chromecast (v1) and the eir sport app does work with that, so that has been my workaround.

However, we find the chromecast stream quality very hit & miss when live football matches are on. Pre and post match the quality is perfect, and throughout the match the tablet / phone stream is fine, but the chromecast quality breaks up a lot. So it seems to be a load issue.

I don’t generally see others complaining online about the eir sport chromecast quality, so maybe i’m just unlucky, but my broadband is usually perfect for other streaming and the chromecast stream quality is only ever a problem during the peak usage period when the match is being played.

Advertisement