Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What’s happening to my Prayer Plant??

Options
  • 21-10-2018 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Hi

Can anyone tell my why some of the leaves on my Prayer Plant are turning translucent??
    It’s in a hallway but out of direct sunshine. I’ve only had it a couple of months & have been watering & letting it drain about every 2/3 weeks.

Photos attached for info

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Looks like it's been scorched. Was it near a radiator, by any chance?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Was any cleaning product used near it? Some drops may have fallen onto the leaves and run off it - but it'd depend on what angle the leaves were.

One more option - was it anywhere near a mirror that could have reflected and concentrated the sunlight onto it? Those lines look very even and regular to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,435 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Or are there blinds that a sliver of sunlight can get through at midday? Nothing natural about that damage, some 'thing' did it!

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Sparky85

Thanks for the replies, no radiator or cleaning products but a mirror may be the culprit!!

What should I do about the damaged leaves? Trim them out or leave them be?
    I’ll move the plant so it shouldn’t continue

I'd leave (:pac:) them be, unless you've pllllllenty of other leaves. They'll fall off on their own eventually, anyway. They're only discoloured, I don't think the plant suffers because of them. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement