Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cost of 2700 sq ft house

Options
  • 22-10-2018 1:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭

hi

anyone have any idea of how much a 2 storey hip roof house of size 2700 sq ft would cost approx to build to a good standard by contractor in Co. Cork? Not direct labour. The job be done by contractor.

would I be anywhere close in thinking it would be within €250,000 to €300,000 figure?

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

hi

anyone have any idea of how much a 2 storey hip roof house of size 2700 sq ft would cost approx to build to a good standard by contractor in Co. Cork? Not direct labour. The job be done by contractor.

would I be anywhere close in thinking it would be within €250,000 to €300,000 figure?

thanks

Does your figure include planning, contributions, connections and professional fees or just the actual construction costs? What about the site?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

NDBB96K.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Speakerboxx

excluding planning costs and site costs.

contributions, professional fees and connections / construction costs in total. I want to know.

thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Turn key

Closer to 400

to a builders finish?

• Advertisement

BryanF wrote: »
    Turn key

Closer to 400
    I am talking to a stage that we can move into house. we will do the other rooms in time. i would have thought 400,000 to get it to that stage would be expensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭ustari

Would say allow up to 150 euro per sq ft to get into the house inc fees etc.

Don't think you will get it anywhere near 300k to be honest.

ustari wrote: »

are you saying it be closer to 400k?

I am talking to a stage that we can move into house. we will do the other rooms in time. i would have thought 400,000 to get it to that stage would be expensive?

Get 3 quotes to confirm.

Worth noting it has to be complete to a stage that’s compliant with the planning and Building Regulations in order for it to be habitable.

ustari wrote: »

thought it was about 95-100 euro a sq ft in cork county at present?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I'd say you're dreaming tbh. The house has to be finished to a habitable standard before it can be signed off / certified and the bank won't give you the final stage payments until that is done. So you'll have to have a kitchen, flooring, sanitary ware, etc, etc. Obviously you can do without sheds and landscaping, etc, but you get the idea.

You're looking at 150 per/sq foot from what I've been seeing myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

Currently building a 2500 Sq foot house in midlands. Price for contractor for builder finish is €100 sq foot.
    This excludes professional fees and council contribution.

JoeA3 wrote: »
    I'd say you're dreaming tbh. The house has to be finished to a habitable standard before it can be signed off / certified and the bank won't give you the final stage payments until that is done. So you'll have to have a kitchen, flooring, sanitary ware, etc, etc. Obviously you can do without sheds and landscaping, etc, but you get the idea.

You're looking at 150 per/sq foot from what I've been seeing myself.

can I ask how you are getting those figures?
    have you an additional fee in that for the 150? i was told by a builder that it's around 95-100 euro per sq feet so i m just curious to see where this 150 figure is coming from and what it includes?

if the house was brought down to 2600 sq feet is there much of difference in price?

sea12 wrote: »
    Currently building a 2500 Sq foot house in midlands. Price for contractor for builder finish is €100 sq foot.
    This excludes professional fees and council contribution.

do you know approx what your house will cost when finished?

have you an additional fee in that for the 150? i was told by a builder that it's around 95-100 euro per sq feet so i m just curious to see where this 150 figure is coming from and what it includes?

if the house was brought down to 2600 sq feet is there much of difference in price?

If your builder already told you the square foot cost, what’s the point on this thread?

Ask your builder to put that quote in writing against your tender spec and I’m 100% sure his price will jump.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I'm going through the same process myself, albeit in the early stages. Those are the kind of numbers - at a minimum - that I am seeing and hearing first hand from those that are doing it now and from those in the industry.

Costs have sky-rocketed in recent times - both labour and materials costs.

2600 sq/feet is a huge house. Ask yourself if you need all that space. It means more bathrooms, more tiling, more heating, more painting. Every sq/foot will cost you. Also think about shape of the house and finishes. The cheapest house will be a square box. Deviate from that and costs will follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭ustari

Built a house last year and that is what my figure of 150 is based on.

Obviously depends on spec, level of finish etc but the builders price leaves a lot out in terms of you actually getting into the house.

Dev fees
    Arch fees
    ESB connection
    Water connection
    Legal fees
    Appliances
    Kitchen
    Sanitary
    Doors
    Flooring
    Furniture
    Garden
    Plumber
    etc

JoeA3 wrote: »

I'm going through the same process myself, albeit in the early stages. Those are the kind of numbers - at a minimum - that I am seeing and hearing first hand from those that are doing it now and from those in the industry.

Costs have sky-rocketed in recent times - both labour and materials costs.

2600 sq/feet is a huge house. Ask yourself if you need all that space. It means more bathrooms, more tiling, more heating, more painting. Every sq/foot will cost you. Also think about shape of the house and finishes. The cheapest house will be a square box. Deviate from that and costs will follow.

my house plans is a square box. old style house. Its good to hear from people that are involved in the process now. At least it will prepare me when we do get prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭staples7

We moved into our new build in May 2016 after 12 month build with one of the most reputable 'one off house' builders in cork. (Just over 2800sq ft) Paid 220k to builders finish. I know labour and materials may have taken a good hike since. But might help you gauge..

All in close to 300k with fees, finishing, landscaping etc. Valued 500k

staples7 wrote: »
    We moved into our new build in May 2016 after 12 month build with one of the most reputable 'one off house' builders in cork. (Just over 2800sq ft) Paid 220k to builders finish. I know labour and materials may have taken a good hike since. But might help you gauge..

All in close to 300k with fees, finishing, landscaping etc. Valued 500k

that's what I thought it would come to building out in the country on our own farm but other people on here have told me not a hope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭staples7

that's what I thought it would come to building out in the country on our own farm but other people on here have told me not a hope.

Just to state that even though the build began in 2016 it was priced in 2015. That could be a very different animal to 2018 prices unfortunately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

do you know approx what your house will cost when finished?

Everything done incl all fees for €300k

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Paullimerick

God if u can't get it done for €300k. Go buy a house someplace else. Built a 3300 Sq ft house. A few years ago now. Well the end of the boom back then. 2008. And done a shed and all in was just under that price

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Maybe I'm getting old and from a different generation,but why do people need to build such big houses ?

This is why people insist you go get some quotes. What will you do, wait until a poster gives you the figure you want to see, then go and plan a build based on an Internet forum.

Go talk to local agents, see what the planners for area will allow on the site, then design from that. Get quotes before going for planning, to ensure you can build within budget.

God if u can't get it done for €300k. Go buy a house someplace else. Built a 3300 Sq ft house. A few years ago now. Well the end of the boom back then. 2008. And done a shed and all in was just under that price

10 years ago in fairness. For one, labour was half the price it is now. Materials were not far off half the price as they are now. Added to that, you now have stricter technical regulations such as insulation, air tightness and renewables that were not even in force when you built.

In that I had triple glazed windows. 6"cavitys. Heat recovery ventilation. Now I did plumb it myself. But **** it I don't think the prices have doubled and I am still plumbing and pricing houses.

In that I had triple glazed windows. 6"cavitys. Heat recovery ventilation. Now I did plumb it myself. But **** it I don't think the prices have doubled and I am still plumbing and pricing houses.

So a large lump of labour was free in your case.

Labour has doubled in Dublin. No doubt about that. Materials have gone up and up. At one stage, my insulation prices rose 20% each month for 3 months solid last year.

6” cavity is nothing, that’s the norm now. Was their air tightness detailing, renewables? That has added a lot to modern builds.

I do agree that the heat pumps add big costs to the plumbing. Prices in dublin may be higher than any part of the country I also believe. If I was him I'd go direct labour.

I do agree that the heat pumps add big costs to the plumbing. Prices in dublin may be higher than any part of the country I also believe. If I was him I'd go direct labour.
    direct labour is pain in the h$le if you aren't around or nearby the construction. For me it wouldn't work because I have to commute 1.5 hours to work and I wouldn't be near by if plumbers electricians were there or I wouldn't be able to take calls there and then because of work.

• Advertisement

Maybe I'm getting old and from a different generation,but why do people need to build such big houses ?

that's some people's choice just like why some people have flashy expensive cars.

Advertisement