Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Kids and Martial Arts

Options
  • 22-10-2018 9:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

What martial arts do you have your children in?
    What age did they start?
    Why did you choose this martial art over something else?

I have my child in Taekwondo, started at 4.
    I previously did it when I was child. Looking to get them into BJJ aswell as I think it is more appropriate to real world scenarios.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭XsApollo

My 9 y/o daughter does BJJ , started a couple of months ago and she loves it.
    Started because her uncle does it himself.
    I wouldn’t have much interest myself bar watching the UFC :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭rustynutz

I have my 7 year old daughter and 8 year old son training Krav Maga. They both started when they turned 6. I chose it over other martial arts as I train in it myself and in my opinion it's the most reality based self defence. They are taught lots of useful techniques on how to deal with bullies strangers etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭bono_v

Started my young lad in Muay Thai at 4.
    IMHO one of the most effective martial arts and he’s really enjoying the training.

Advertisement