Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Madeleine McCann

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Dump a body in a bin? Hmm, I don't think anyone who has ever killed someone has ever thought about that, or maybe they have and realised it's not very smart and there is a very high risk of getting caught.

Audrey Gagnon charged with the murder of her daughter Rosalie Gagnon (2) whose body was found in a bin. Quebec city 2018. Try Google before you make a claim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭tibruit

chicorytip wrote: »
    I don't believe it possible that one parent could keep such a secret from the other for such a lengthy period unless a) the one with the secret possesses a completely sociopathic, emotionless personality or b) both are aware but the perpetrator has a psychological hold over the spouse, is manipulative and is utterly dominant in their relationship to the extent of causing fear and terror in the other should he or she not behave in the appropriate manner required in order to maintain their great pretence.

4% of the general population are sociopaths. They`re everywhere. 5% of males are paedophiles. By my reckoning 0.2% of men are sociopathic paedophiles. That`s 1 in every 500. There are far more sociopathic paedophiles about than there are child abductors.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Lady Poepoe

Maybe they held their emotions with shock. Waited till everyone knew she was gone. Then they both finally showed greif. Shouting /banging the walls etc.
    Only my guess. They are doctors so would have experience in life and death settings. The two of them are not normal parents. I feel that maybe Madeleine had to look after the twins when ever they woke..

Why did they involved the media straight away? Wasnt it 4 hours after she disappeared
    They seemed quite narcissistic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Trekker09

Some people acually believe this stuff. Maddie was killed through neglect and disposed of through guilt and rationalisation and she is gone. RIP little girl .

Oh good, we can finally close this thread! Where's your proof of this? Some people actually believe this stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Something Else
    Trekker09 wrote: »
    Oh good, we can finally close this thread! Where's your proof of this? Some people actually believe this stuff.

I believe that it's been fairly well established that no one knows what really happened and theres little 'proof' for anything tbh. But that doesn't mean everyone has to have the same ideas. I'm presuming you have already opted for one of the scenarios in the poll and understand that everyone has their own opinions yeah?

As do many others including several here.

Not true.

I haven't seen anyone who believe that the McCanns are innocent state that leaving the children alone is OK or acceptable, I certainly don't.

gozunda wrote: »
    I believe that it's been fairly well established that no one knows what really happened and theres little 'proof' for anything tbh. But that doesn't mean everyone has to have the same ideas. That's simply how it is. Im presuming you have already opted for one of the scenarios in the poll and understand that everyone has their own opinions yeah?

Exactly. Nobody knows what happened but my belief is that Madeleine was abducted. I don't state it as fact as I could be wrong.

I haven't looked at the poll as I've been away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

She wandered out herself, something happened (car accident/paedo)
    Trekker09 wrote: »
    Not true.

I haven't seen anyone who believe that the McCanns are innocent state that leaving the children alone is OK or acceptable, I certainly don't.

They may have been negligent in their parental responsibilities but not criminally so. Are they innocent of a crime? Yes, until proven otherwise.

ParkRunner wrote: »
    They may have been negligent in their parental responsibilities but not criminally so. Are they innocent of a crime? Yes, until proven otherwise.

That's the point I was trying to make, that, at worst, their negligence contributed to the disappearance but is not the sole reason for it.

• Advertisement

Trekker09 wrote:

So you have read all the comments here? I only ask as you have said you missed the poll because you were away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Some people acually believe this stuff. Maddie was killed through neglect and disposed of through guilt and rationalisation and she is gone. RIP little girl .

This is absolutely shameful. RIP little girl? How dare you. You have no idea what happened to her.
    All of this talk about casually disposing of a little girl’s body in a bin as if she was a piece of trash is just disgraceful. Even if you believe her parents were involved, have some respect for Madeleine ffs.
    This thread is in the gutter.

This is absolutely shameful. RIP little girl? How dare you. You have no idea what happened to her. All of this talk about casually disposing of a little girl’s body in a bin as if she was a piece of trash is just disgraceful. This thread is in the gutter.

You have no idea what happened to her either, the poster is entitled to offer their view without being attacked. As for treating a childs body as trash it happens. I already mentioned Audrey Gagnon who was arrested last year for the murder of her 2 year daughter whose body was found in the bin outside the house she lived in. Quebec city 2018.
    You don't like the thread?don't read it.

You have no idea what happened to her either, the poster is entitled to offer their view without being attacked. As for treating a childs body as trash it happens. I already mentioned Audrey Gagnon who was arrested last year for the murder of her 2 year daughter whose body was found in the bin outside the house she lived in. Quebec city 2018.
    You don't like the thread?don't read it.

Ahh more accusations of being “attacked”. Their post wasn’t phrased as an opinion or point of view, it was stated as fact.
    Other cases are irrelevent, as much as you like to shoehorn them in to fit an agenda.
    You also have no right to tell me what I can’t read or respond to, this is your second time now ordering me off the thread. Maybe take your own advice and skip my posts if they are bothering you.

Oh looks like you won’t have to now :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Updating the thread ban list

retro:electro and gozunda, please do not post in this thread again

Plumbthedepths - quit the back seat modding please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Who? I recall seeing possibly one person on this whole thread defend them leaving the children alone. Just one.
    Everyone else has stated, ad nauseum, that it was a choice that cannot be defended or rationalised.

So who exactly are these "several" that you speak of, or was that comment just pure hyperbole?

• Advertisement

SusieBlue wrote:
    So who exactly are these "several" that you speak of, or was that comment just pure hyperbole?

I have no intention of naming names, read back the thread if you wish. One has not been on thread for quite some time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I have no intention of naming names, read back the thread if you wish. One has not been on thread for quite some time.

I only remember one really who decided they were actually not alone !
    I don't remember more than one or two who felt what The Mc Canns did was right
    Mind you that says a lot more about the poster as to be blind to neglect of children is not something to be proud of

So you have read all the comments here? I only ask as you have said you missed the poll because you were away.

No, I haven't read all of the comments, and if there are any posts that defend the McCanns for leaving the kids at home then I would disagree strongly with that opinion, as would the majority of people who think the McCanns are innocent of knowingly being involved in Madeleine's disappearance.

You made a statement, now you need to back it up. Anyone following thread knows that bar possibly 1 person, no one has defended the actions of the parents leaving the children.
    You have said there are several, I have been following this thread for about 5/6 months and have seen nothing bar the person mentioned above.
    So how many are we talking?

iamwhoiam wrote:
    I only remember one really who decided they were actually not alone ! I don't remember more than one or two who felt what The Mc Canns did was right Mind you that says a lot more about the poster as to be blind to neglect of children is not something to be proud of

Not going down the neglect route that has been done to death and subject to mod instruction. Outside of this thread on other sites people believe that the McCanns did absolutely nothing wrong some here are of the same belief. Ignoring the advice of the police,going to the media, sharing the photo of Madeline and concentrating on her eye defect. All this to me was evidence of wrong on the McCanns behalf.

• Advertisement

SusieBlue wrote:
    You made a statement, now you need to back it up. Anyone following thread knows that bar possibly 1 person, no one has defended the actions of the parents leaving the children. You have said there are several, I have been following this thread for about 5/6 months and have seen nothing bar the person mentioned above. So how many are we talking?

I have already told you I am not naming people on this thread. Now ask again if you wish but I will not be answering you.

I have already told you I am not naming people on this thread. Now ask again if you wish but I will not be answering you.

I didn't ask you to name anyone, I asked you how many people.
    But you clearly just can't back it up, that's ok all good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Accident happened, parents hid body
    SusieBlue wrote: »
    You made a statement, now you need to back it up. Anyone following thread knows that bar possibly 1 person, no one has defended the actions of the parents leaving the children.
    You have said there are several, I have been following this thread for about 5/6 months and have seen nothing bar the person mentioned above.
    So how many are we talking?

It not just leaving 3 kids alone every night in an umlocked apartment with road accesses
    They also let male friends take turns bathing there kids,
    They also did not listen to experts advice after the child went missing,

Did the murdered Maddie or not no one will ever know but we certainly know at the time they where unfit parents .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭micks_address

iamwhoiam wrote: »

I only remember one really who decided they were actually not alone !
    I don't remember more than one or two who felt what The Mc Canns did was right
    Mind you that says a lot more about the poster as to be blind to neglect of children is not something to be proud of
    Yeah I'm not sure anyone can defend leaving a 3.5 year old with two younger children alone while in a foreign country even if you are only 80 metres away..

It not just leaving 3 kids alone every night in an umlocked apartment with road accesses
    They also let male friends take turns bathing there kids,
    They also did not listen to experts advice after the child went missing,

Did the murdered Maddie or not no one will ever know but we certainly know at the time they where unfit parents .

No, that's not the point that was made, so you are moving the goalposts now making it about something else.

The point made was that plenty of people on this thread allegedly think the McCann's have done absolutely nothing wrong in leaving their children alone in an unlocked apartment.

This is categorically untrue as its widely accepted on this thread that with the exception of possibly one person, everyone else agrees that leaving the children alone was indefensible and wrong.
    MD1990 wrote: »
    also most parents would be disgusted with themselves for leaving their children to have dinner with friends.

they would say it was the biggest mistake of my life or along those lines.

Yet they still think they done nothing wrong.

SusieBlue wrote:

SusieBlue wrote:
    I didn't ask you to name anyone, I asked you how many people. But you clearly just can't back it up, that's ok all good.

Just for clarification, I'm responding no further this.

Just for clarification, I'm responding no further this.
    id be curious to see a result of a poll on it, id imagine at least 85% of people would say leaving a 3.5 year old alone with 2 younger siblings in an appartment with an unlocked patio door while you sit across the road in a bar with no line of sight to the house as being negligent..

id be curious to see a result of a poll on it, id imagine at least 85% of people would say leaving a 3.5 year old alone with 2 younger siblings in an appartment with an unlocked patio door while you sit across the road in a bar with no line of site to the house as being negligent..

I'd say higher, closer to the 100 mark.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

id be curious to see a result of a poll on it, id imagine at least 85% of people would say leaving a 3.5 year old alone with 2 younger siblings in an appartment with an unlocked patio door while you sit across the road in a bar with no line of sight to the house as being negligent..

Please stop discussing the neglect aspect of this case, it's been done to death and has ruined this thread on numerous occasions.

Thanks

I'd say higher, closer to the 100 mark.

of course hindsight is perfect but most people especially parents would probably lean towards saying it was negligent..

• Advertisement

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Please stop discussing the neglect aspect of this case, it's been done to death and has ruined this thread on numerous occasions.

Thanks

Apologies - will do

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Updating the thread ban list

retro:electro and gozunda, please do not post in this thread again

Plumbthedepths - quit the back seat modding please.

After some discussion with retro:electro and gozunda, i'm lifting both their thread ban.

Play nice folks.
    Discuss the topic, not each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

Little hazy on this as it was a few months ago but didn't a wee fella fall down some sort of shaft in Spain/Portugal(?) and by the tiome they found him and got him out he was dead?
    Obviously you can see where I'm going here...could the same have happened in this case only they haven't discovered Madeleine body

No, that's not the point that was made, so you are moving the goalposts now making it about something else.

The point made was that plenty of people on this thread allegedly think the McCann's have done absolutely nothing wrong in leaving their children alone in an unlocked apartment.

This is categorically untrue as its widely accepted on this thread that with the exception of possibly one person, everyone else agrees that leaving the children alone was indefensible and wrong.

I never said plenty of people think they done no wrong ,you may be mixing me up with someone else,

I'm just saying there strange people ,

I find it strange people like yourself will say 100% they where not involved ,

There is every possibility they where involved although not an indication alone of murder ,they where unfit parents and put there Children in situations I never dream of putting my own ( alone for hours, being bathed by male friends)

I can not see how one could not have worries about them ,the choices they make are utterly bizarre and dangerous to there children ,

If they did have something to do with Maddie's disappearance how could you be surprised given there behaviour ,

Steve F wrote: »
    Little hazy on this as it was a few months ago but didn't a wee fella fall down some sort of shaft in Spain/Portugal(?) and by the tiome they found him and got him out he was dead?
    Obviously you can see where I'm going here...could the same have happened in this case only they haven't discovered Madeleine body

Yeah very tragic case in Spain the poor little mite. I believe he fell down a well that was being dug illegally on private property.
    I know Kate has previously said that if Madeleine were to wonder off that she would have taken cuddle cat with her. Also there’s debate over whether or not she would have been able to open the patio a door and subsequently close it behind her. A plausible theory however.

Yeah very tragic case in Spain the poor little mite. I believe he fell down a well that was being dug illegally on private property.
    I know Kate has previously said that if Madeleine were to wonder off that she would have taken cuddle cat with her. Also there’s debate over whether or not she would have been able to open the patio a door and subsequently close it behind her. A plausible theory however.

whatever about opening, i doubt very much she'd even bother trying to close it after her.. if she woke and thought she'd wander to her parents and went out the door then it would be open i think.. would she even know how to open ? i assume there was still a lever of some sort that needed to be moved to open?

whatever about opening, i doubt very much she'd even bother trying to close it after her.. if she woke and thought she'd wander to her parents and went out the door then it would be open i think.. would she even know how to open ? i assume there was still a lever of some sort that needed to be moved to open?

Personally I don’t think she would be able to open it, however it depends on the child I suppose. I’ve a niece who is currently the age Madeleine was when she went missing and she needs an adult to open the patio door as she hasn’t the upper body strength to push it. She wouldn’t have the presence of mind to close it after her either.

I never said plenty of people think they done no wrong ,you may be mixing me up with someone else,

I'm just saying there strange people ,

I find it strange people like yourself will say 100% they where not involved ,

There is every possibility they where involved although not an indication alone of murder ,they where unfit parents and put there Children in situations I never dream of putting my own ( alone for hours, being bathed by male friends)

I can not see how one could not have worries about them ,the choices they make are utterly bizarre and dangerous to there children ,

If they did have something to do with Maddie's disappearance how could you be surprised given there behaviour ,

I'm going to ignore your first two lines, as a Mod has already said to park that line of discussion.

But as for the rest of your post, its just pure projection.

I have never said that they were 100% not involved, in fact I can quote some posts for you where I say that I can see why others might think they are responsible.

I just think on the balance of probabilities, with the current evidence that's available, that they weren't involved as I don't see how its logistically possible.
    Not because I think they are innocent at all costs.
    If new evidence emerged that explicitly implicated them I'd be more than open to it.

That doesn't mean I excuse them leaving the children alone.
    Making a stupid decision doesn't make them conspirators in the murder of their own child.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Exactly my thinking. If she had been able to open it, it would have been a major struggle and so she wouldn't have closed it.

• Advertisement

Something Else

In my experience three to four years old can manage a well used sliding patio door with little problem.

In the official police files there is a photo of David Paynes child who I believe was a bit younger as Madeleine at the patio door in her parents apartment with her hand on the lever of the door and she was not stretching to do so.

I have also known a three year old to let themselves out of a hotel room where his grandmother was asleep in the same bedroom. The child got up managed to unlock and open the door (round handle) go down the stairs and announce to all and sundry in the dining room that he needed to go wee wee!

Young children of that age have alot more motor skills than they are often given credit for.

I dont believe I ever saw a proper reconstruction with a child opening the door in the apartment. The McCanns and a number of media channels did various reconstructions including that of Tannerman sighting etc. It's a real pity this one wasn't ruled out tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Something Else
    I'm convinced McCann's know what happened

too many coincidences

- Dogs identifying blood in the rental car
    - Timeline of night inconsistent
    - Public interviews little empathy for Madeleine. Always trying to prove an abduction. Body language very suspiscious.
    - Phone records cleared or altered
    - Would not take Lie Detector test

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

The child that fell down the well was out walking with his family on that land. If Madeline had walked out the door, or been loaded into a bag / case etc., The army of sniffer dogs on site the next day would surely have picked up her scent??

That's why I'm discounting both theories unless someone can explain why that's not the case.

The orphanage collectors way don't we have CCTV or worse eFits for these individuals (or do we?). Also why o why did the police not properly shut down roads in and out and carry out proper vehicles searches. As much as the McCanns were negligent the police seem to have been too.

I'm going to ignore your first two lines, as a Mod has already said to park that line of discussion.

But as for the rest of your post, its just pure projection.

I have never said that they were 100% not involved, in fact I can quote some posts for you where I say that I can see why others might think they are responsible.

I just think on the balance of probabilities, with the current evidence that's available, that they weren't involved as I don't see how its logistically possible.
    Not because I think they are innocent at all costs.
    If new evidence emerged that explicitly implicated them I'd be more than open to it.

That doesn't mean I excuse them leaving the children alone.
    Making a stupid decision doesn't make them conspirators in the murder of their own child.

The whole case from either side is its" just pure projection"
    Of course its doesn't mean they 100% murdered her but it is possible they did ,

"I don't see how its logistically possible."

Why do people think its has to be some huge elaborate plan ,

If they had times to take there bins out they had time to get rid of a body, As improbably as that may seems to you , it is literally that easy,

You just need to put a bag in the bins and wait for them to be collected ,

Risky yes very but possible yes very , as always its normally right in front of you , hidden in plain sight as they say ,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

MD1990 wrote: »
    I'm convinced McCann's know what happened

too many coincidences

- Dogs identifying blood in the rental car
    - Timeline of night inconsistent
    - Public interviews little empathy for Madeleine. Always trying to prove an abduction. Body language very suspiscious.
    - Phone records cleared or altered
    - Would not take Lie Detector test

Questions.

- Were the dogs used successfully to get DNA evidence on other cases both before and afterwards?
    - The timeline is bad because they were busy being bad parents
    - That could have been genuine. I know I can't get over how there isn't efits / CCTV picture of the "charity collectors" or why the police didn't close off all roads and carry out spot checks...
    - What is it about the phone records, haven't heard that one?
    - I think if they took the lie detector they would be exposed as negligent meaning the public would loose their support and she would be forgotten.

The whole case from either side is its" just pure projection"
    Of course its doesn't mean they 100% murdered her but it is possible they did ,

"I don't see how its logistically possible."

Why do people think its has to be some huge elaborate plan ,

If they had times to take there bins out they had time to get rid of a body, As improbably as that may seems to you , it is literally that easy,

You just need to put a bag in the bins and wait for them to be collected ,

Risky yes very but possible yes very , as always its normally right in front of you , hidden in plain sight as they say ,

No, you said that I and others like me think that they are 100% innocent and that isn't true. That was pure projection on your part.

I'm not talking about a huge elaborate plan. The bin theory has already been debunked and put to bed.
    They searched the bins and she wasn't found.
    They didn't and wouldn't discard their child in a bin like a piece of rubbish, that's absolutely preposterous and has no factual basis.

I have yet to see any convincing evidence in which they could kill their child (intentionally or unintentionally), come up with a plan, make a pact, destroy evidence & hide a body so well it hasn't been discovered over a decade later.
    I don't see how they could have done this with no access to a car, smartphone or google maps in an unfamiliar resort in just under a 2.5 hr time frame before sitting down to dinner with their friends.

I really don't think this is an unreasonable stance to take given the serious logistics issues.

• Advertisement

Something Else
    OwlsZat wrote: »
    The child that fell down the well was out walking with his family on that land. If Madeline had walked out the door, or been loaded into a bag / case etc., The army of sniffer dogs on site the next day would surely have picked up her scent??

That's why I'm discounting both theories unless someone can explain why that's not the case.

The orphanage collectors way don't we have CCTV or worse eFits for these individuals (or do we?). Also why o why did the police not properly shut down roads in and out and carry out proper vehicles searches. As much as the McCanns were negligent the police seem to have been too.

I'm not so sure. If a body had been placed in a bag and carried way by person of persons unknown then most likely the dogs wouldn't have picked up anything imo. The next morning the dogs did appear to pick up a trail which went towards the car park area but which petered out - child went walkabout?

Additionally the cadaver dog brought in from the UK on the recommendation of the British police marked 2 spots outside of the apartment, afaik these where on the veranda outside the parents bedroom and also a spot in the small walled garden area belonging to the apartment. The account of the dogs on the morning after doesn't appear to indicate that this area was checked then tbh.

As for the rest Im not sure but I believe that there was an initial delay in communicating with police what the issue was ie missing child versus full blown abduction scenario. Would the manpower been available to shut down all roads that quickly? Or divert these from the search?

Regarding the possibility of bins - it appears there was no way that all the bins could have been searched

https://shininginluz.wordpress.com/2014/11/05/body-disposal-the-wheelie-bins-prosecution-case/

No, you said that I and others like me think that they are 100% innocent and that isn't true. That was pure projection on your part.

I'm not talking about a huge elaborate plan. The bin theory has already been debunked and put to bed.
    They didn't and wouldn't discard their child in a bin like a piece of rubbish, that's absolutely preposterous and has no factual basis.

I have yet to see any convincing evidence in which they could kill their child (intentionally or unintentionally), come up with a plan, make a pact, destroy evidence & hide a body so well it hasn't been discovered over a decade later.
    I don't see how they could have done this with no access to a car, smartphone or google maps in an unfamiliar resort in just under a 2.5 hr time frame before sitting down to dinner with their friends.

I really don't think this is an unreasonable stance to take given the serious logistics issues.

"No, you said that I and others like me think that they are 100% innocent and that isn't true. That was pure projection on your part. "

Ok sorry about that ,

Bin theory was never debunked, they where never searched properly ,That night they where searching for a live child,

"They didn't and wouldn't discard their child in a bin like a piece of rubbish, that's absolutely preposterous and has no factual basis."

I gave you a way it was possible , you think not probably but it is POSSIBLE
    But your statement above is preposterous and has no factual basis., how do you know , you don't know them , you have never meet them, you have no idea what they would or would not do,

Again showing you are not open minded,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I really don't think this is an unreasonable stance to take given the an serious logistics issues.

I lean towards an abduction but still don't think we can rule out anything at all
    Then saying " they didn't or wouldn't " is impossible as we were not there
    I think its very unlikely and improbable but I don't know that . Stranger things have happened .

If they did dispose of her in a bin, and the plan was to pretend she was abducted, why would they let their friends check on their kids, knowing one of them wasn't there?

And why would Kate raise the alarm at 10pm and not until after dinner, which would be much later, knowing that Madeleine was in a bin (I can't believe I've even had to type that).
    Surely she'd want to leave it as late as possible to raise the alarm, knowing the bins might be checked, and thus leaving a smaller window to search them before they were collected at 4am?

Remember, in order for the bin theory to make sense, Kate & Gerry would have to have known they were due to be collected at that time. Otherwise it makes no sense at all.
    Why would they put her in the bin if they thought they were only collected every few days? There'd be a huge chance of getting caught if so and it would be a stupid risk.

They would have had to have known there was an early morning collection, so it doesn't make sense that Kate would raise the alarm at 10pm, when she could have raised it much later.

In fact, they wouldn't have had to raise it at all, they could have gone back to the apartment, gone to bed, and woke up the next morning saying Madeleine had wandered out in the night and had no idea where she was.

By that point the bins would already have been collected, she would be in the landfill and thus no need for an elaborate faux abduction.

There you go. Debunked. It makes no sense.

I don't expect anyone to have answers to the above questions, btw. It just shows the utter lack of logic in the bin theory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Creol1

Something Else
    gozunda wrote: »
    Imo it's been used pretty much in the same way as being guilty of blasphemy and aimed squarely at anyone not being ardent abduction scenario supporter ... ;)

That clip completely edits out the funny bit!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement