Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Madeleine McCann

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

She wandered out herself, something happened (car accident/paedo)
    Why are you here discussing it, if you think chat rooms are so bad? that is exactly what is going on here, if you don't mind me saying so. Log out if you feel uncomfortable about free speech.

Chat rooms are great. Witch hunts are not. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. No one is entitled to have that opinion unchallenged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

splinter65 wrote:
    Any drugs in their system would have been still in their hair 6 months later, otherwise what would be the point in testing? Just saying.

Depends on what drugs are used. One particular drug that is used as a sedative is undetectable after 28 days. Just saying.

cnocbui wrote:
    I think I have just solved the CO2 global warming problem. No need for Fusion reactors to be perfected in 30 years time - just round up all the anti McCanners - similar energy potential to ant-matter - and put them all in a large chamber with display screens with constantly scrolling McCann case theories and trivia and then just harness the heat given off.

Same could be said for the people that see the McCanns as saints.

bubblypop wrote:
    I have already stated that they behaved very irresponsibly.

...and Madeline is the victim of their irresponsibility.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Depends on what drugs are used. One particular drug that is used as a sedative is undetectable after 28 days. Just saying.

What drug is that and was it found in the McCanns apartment? In fact, was any evidence of sedatives found in the apartment at all?

I remember there being bogus reports of a syringe being found, but no actual evidence at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

Interesting.

So it's possible they could have been drugged and the testing was done so late the drug had was not detectable.

So no proof they didn't drug the kids.

No trace of any drugs were found in the twins within the recognized testing time frame. Just saying.

...and Madeline is the victim of their irresponsibility.

No, she is the victim of whoever is responsible for her disappearance.
    The offender in a crime, is the person responsible.
    That's it.

What drug is that and was it found in the McCanns apartment? In fact, was any evidence of sedatives found in the apartment at all?

Diazipene, I'm not suggesting this was used on the twins just pointing out that not all drugs can be detected up to 6 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Trekker09

So, they made a bad judgement and went across the road to a tapas bar for a bite to eat and a couple of glasses of wine with friends. I've seen this loads of times on holiday, even after the Madeleine McCann disappearance.

They'll live with this for the rest of their lives, and I for one hope they get closure on this one way or the other.

• Advertisement

limnam wrote: »
    Interesting.

So it's possible they could have been drugged and the testing was done so late the drug had was not detectable.

So no proof they didn't drug the kids.

No. They were tested within the globally recognized testing time frame. No drugs were found. Fact.

splinter65 wrote:
    No trace of any drugs were found in the twins within the recognized testing time frame. Just saying.

The twins were tested 5 months after the disappearance as already said by me not all drugs are detectable up to to a multi month timeframe. Again reading comprehension seems to beyond your grasp, but it's ok I have unlimited patience.

Diazipene, I'm not suggesting this was used on the twins just pointing out that not all drugs can be detected up to 6 months.

Are you alleging that diazepams were found in the apartment?

bubblypop wrote:
    No, she is the victim of whoever is responsible for her disappearance. The offender in a crime, is the person responsible. That's it.

Her parents left her unattended and unprotected so bare some responsibility for her disappearance. Glad we agree.

splinter65 wrote:

I put my comment with yours to help your reading difficulties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,004 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

bubblypop wrote: »
    No, she is the victim of whoever is responsible for her disappearance.
    The offender in a crime, is the person responsible.
    That's it.

So in your opinion who do you think is responsible?

I bet you will say the abductor. For whom there is no evidence. But the doors were open.

But anyway, the parents of a child are supposed to be the responsible parents for everything up until the child reaches 18. And I do realise that some kids can go off the rails prior to that.

But at 3.5 years old and twins of 2 years, well sorry now, but to leave them alone night after night while on the lash is kind of a tad irresponsible. I think most people would agree with me. I think!

Her parents left her unattended and unprotected so bare some responsibility for her disappearance. Glad we agree.

No. Whoever abducted her and killed her is responsible for her death, if she is dead.

splinter65 wrote:
    No. Whoever abducted her and killed her is responsible for her death, if she is dead.

Would they have been able to abduct her( if that is what happened, no evidence though) the night of May 3 if Mummy and Daddy had not left her unprotected?

We don't agree.
    The person responsible is the person that 'dissapeared ' her. Whoever that may be.
    Parents were irresponsible leaving kids alone, however, they are not to blame for her disappearance because of this.
    The offender is responsible.
    We don't agree.

I put my comment with yours to help your reading difficulties.

But why mention diazepams if they have no relevance to the evidence in the case? Unless there is evidence that there were at least diazepam in the apt then they’re totally irrelevant. A red herring, you might say....

• Advertisement

bubblypop wrote:
    We don't agree. The person responsible is the person that 'dissapeared ' her. Whoever that may be. Parents were irresponsible leaving kids alone, however, they are not to blame for her disappearance because of this. The offender is responsible. We don't agree.

Her parents left her unprotected, thereby allowing what happened to occur.

So in your opinion who do you think is responsible?

I bet you will say the abductor./quote]

You bet wrong.
    The offender is responsible. Whoever that may be. The person who caused her to disappear.

Her parents left her unprotected, thereby allowing what happened to occur.

You don't know that. & it doesn't make them responsible.
    What part of the offender is responsible don't you agree with?

splinter65 wrote:
    But why mention diazepams if they have no relevance to the evidence in the case? Unless there is evidence that there were at least diazepam in the apt then they’re totally irrelevant. A red herring, you might say....

Just to help your reading difficulties again.

bubblypop wrote:
    You don't know that. & it doesn't make them responsible. What part of the offender is responsible don't you agree with?

If course I know that as the parents admitted they left her alone and they also admitted a door to the apartment was unlocked. Btw there is no evidence of an 'offender'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Trekker09 wrote: »
    So, they made a bad judgement and went across the road to a tapas bar for a bite to eat and a couple of glasses of wine with friends. I've seen this loads of times on holiday, even after the Madeleine McCann disappearance.

They'll live with this for the rest of their lives, and I for one hope they get closure on this one way or the other.

As a matter if interest where have you seen this behaviour loads ?
    Never in my life have I seen or heard from anyone who knows anyone who would do that . I very much doubt its loads actually

If course I know that as the parents admitted they left her alone and they also admitted a door to the apartment was unlocked. Btw there is no evidence of an 'offender'.

Unless the child wandered off alone & got lost somewhere never to be found, then yes there is an offender.

What offender ?

Just to help your reading difficulties again.

I don’t have any reading difficulties. You meaninglessly and irrelevantly brought the drug diazepam into the thread and you can’t explain why. That is all.

• Advertisement

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    What offender ?

Whoever it was that caused her to disappear.

I'm afraid it does really.

Parents protect their children at all costs. Well in my experience anyway.

It might be that your experience of parenting sub 4 year olds is different. So be it. Nothing I can do to change that.

Madeline disappeared in May, the twins were tested in September. Results realeased in October of the same year. Just saying.

splinter65 wrote:
    Any drugs in their system would have been still in their hair 6 months later, otherwise what would be the point in testing? Just saying.

splinter65 wrote:

splinter65 wrote:
    No. They were tested within the globally recognized testing time frame. No drugs were found. Fact.

The twins were tested 5 months after the disappearance as already said by me not all drugs are detectable up to to a multi month timeframe. Again reading comprehension seems to beyond your grasp, but it's ok I have unlimited patience.

splinter65 wrote:

splinter65 wrote:
    I don’t have any reading difficulties. You meaninglessly and irrelevantly brought the drug diazepam into the thread and you can’t explain why. That is all.

Hope the above helps to explian. I was asked a question which I answered you however are back up to your usual behaviour.

What offender ?

Maybe there is no offender. Maybe Madeleine woke up and wandered out sleepily into the night never to be seen of again.
    If not, then someone had removed her and not returned her, contrary to common law.
    This person would be the offender. Ok?

I'm afraid it does really.

Parents protect their children at all costs. Well in my experience anyway.

It might be that your experience of parenting sub 4 year olds is different. So be it. Nothing I can do to change that.

It doesn't make them responsible.
    The offender is responsible. I'm not sure how people can find anyone else responsible.

Never in my life have I seen or heard from anyone who knows anyone who would do that . I very much doubt its loads actually

Tunisia just after Madeleine disappeared was the 1st time. There was a large family at a table near ours who were watching the entertainment and drinking. They asked one of their kids to go check on the baby, even saying that they didn't need the key as the door was open.

I've seen it in a lot of other countries since then, most recently was last year in the Canaries where it was quite common in the small complex we were staying at.

• Advertisement

bubblypop wrote:
    It doesn't make them responsible. The offender is responsible. I'm not sure how people can find anyone else responsible.

So if I allow my child wonder into traffic I'm not responsible if they get hurt but the driver of the vehicle that hits them is to blame. Good to know.

Hope the above helps to explian. I was asked a question which I answered you however are back up to your usual behaviour.

Yes you mentioned diazepam which has no relevance to the disappeance of M McCann as none was ever found anywhere near her or anyone associated with the case. You were asked if any drugs were found in the apartment. Your answer should have been “no”.

Tunisia just after Madeleine disappeared was the 1st time. There was a large family at a table near ours who were watching the entertainment and drinking. They asked one of their kids to go check on the baby, even saying that they didn't need the key as the door was open.

I've seen it in a lot of other countries since then, most recently was last year in the Canaries where it was quite common in the small complex we were staying at.

Thats shocking . Really shocking

So if I allow my child wonder into traffic I'm not responsible if they get hurt but the driver of the vehicle that hits them is to blame. Good to know.

That depends on the driving of the driver at the time he hits your child.

.....You might very much doubt it but I can only say what I've seen. Until recently I was working in the South Pacific and would meet my family somewhere for a holiday when I was travelling home.

• Advertisement

Mystery of the century really.

I am of the opinion that there were people in high places who protected them, did the PR, got the Fund going and minimised the "neglect" of leaving three kids under four on their own for hours on end. And so on.

Strange really when you think of all the missing children out there right now. But just my opinion.

splinter65 wrote:
    Your answer should have been “noâ€.

I have already dealt with first part of your nonsense. The above though are you attempting to 'back seat mod' ?

The offender is responsible. I'm not sure how people can find anyone else responsible.

Assuming there was an abductor.

They failed to protect their children. Doing what would be considered by the NSPCC the basics.

Not leaving them alone.

They failed Madeline.

They're partly responsible.

bubblypop wrote:
    That depends on the driving of the driver at the time he hits your child.

But I as the parent bare no responsibility for allowing my child wander into traffic. Thanks for confirming.

Did you ever think the parents might be responsible in any way? If not, I doubt your posts quite frankly.

We all need to have an open mind.

Thats shocking . Really shocking

It was. A few of the families around us also noticed it. The parents were quite jarred up and at no time did either of them go and check the baby.

It was. A few of the families around us aksi noticed it. The parent were quite jarred up and at no time did either of them go and check the baby.

Poor baby . I hope he was ok and no harm came to him

But I as the parent bare no responsibility for allowing my child wander into traffic. Thanks for confirming.

Did the driver intend to hit your child? Did he go out of his way to run over your child, or was it an accident?
    If it was an accident, then it is not comparable to the McCann case.
    If, assuming she did not disappear herself, someone was responsible for her disappearance, then it's fairly likely it was done on purpose, correct?
    Not the same situation.
    A victim of a crime is never to blame, & yes her family are also victims in this case.

My own neighbor was staying for a week in a very nice 4 star hotel in Crete ( she tells this story still 25 years later) and every day the tired the kids a boy and a girl aged 7 and 5 out to the extent where once they’d had their tea and a bath they were collapsing into bed at 7 to fall asleep and not wake until morning allowing my neighbor and her husband to get dolled up quietly and go down to the “posh” restaurant for dinner.
    The husband would pop up to the room between courses to check on them.
    Just tucking into the entree on the 4th night they were utterly mortified to see the porter weaving his way through the candlelit tables with a child by either hand looking shamefaced and wide awake. He’d apprehended them leaving to “go for a walk” right at the front door.

.....You might very much doubt it but I can only say what I've seen. Until recently I was working in the South Pacific and would meet my family somewhere for a holiday when I was travelling home.

You seem to think if lots of people neglect their kids. it's fine.

Bizzare.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement