Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Madeleine McCann

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

She wandered out herself, something happened (car accident/paedo)
    Sereneone wrote: »
    Amaral remained living in Portugal. He was never fired from the police force, he eventually resigned, so there is/was no question of him being re-hired/re-instated.

....but he didn’t sue the McCanns for defamation of character.
    Because for defamation you have to have had a good “name” to begin with, and the allegations must be untrue, so that’s no good to him...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Charmeleon

chicorytip wrote: »
    That scenario is unbelieveable for two reasons. They could not have hidden, removed and then disposed of the childs body without arousing some suspicion or without some trace of her remains being discovered in the general region - the geography of which neither were that familiar with. Secondly, does anybody believe it possible to maintain a facade of innocence for so long without being found out? There is simply not a shred of evidence that suggests they were responsible for her disappearance.

There was a witness who made a statement to the Gardaí and then the Portuguese police that he was almost certain he saw Gerry McCann walking with a child draped over his shoulder towards the beach. The e-fit of this man was created by the McCann investigators but was not released until Scotland Yard obtained it years later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Something Else
    Secondly, does anybody believe it possible to maintain a facade of innocence for so long without being found out?

Yeah.

People do it all the time, not necessarily after their child goes missing, but people lie all the time. Some are really good at it too, regardless of evidence against them. Lance Armstrong springs to mind, Jimmy Saville another. Every politician that's ever lived :D

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Sereneone

splinter65 wrote: »
    ....but he didn’t sue the McCanns for defamation of character.
    Because for defamation you have to have had a good “name” to begin with, and the allegations must be untrue, so that’s no good to him...

His book, the subject of the McCanns lengthy legal proceedings against him, was based solely on the contents of the investigation files which were made public - an "easy read" version of the files. This has always been his claim and this was agreed and endorsed by the Supreme Court ruling, the most recent court ruling in the case.

Perhaps not everything comes down to money for all involved in this case. Perhaps he is not bothered what anonymous people on the internet think of his "name". Perhaps he is happy in the knowledge he did what he could at the time to find a lost child and perhaps he actually knows what happened but never got the chance to prove it. Only he can answer those questions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

Something Else
    That scenario is unbelieveable for two reasons. They could not have hidden, removed and then disposed of the childs body without arousing some suspicion or without some trace of her remains being discovered in the general region - the geography of which neither were that familiar with. Secondly, does anybody believe it possible to maintain a facade of innocence for so long without being found out? There is simply not a shred of evidence that suggests they were responsible for her disappearance.

what about joseph fritzel . he locked up and killed some of his kids. did all kinds of horrible things to them. nobody suspected him and he kept the act up for 20 years even fooling his wife

just because 99% of people could never do things like that doesnt mean they couldnt or didnt

redshoes15 wrote: »
    I absolutely don’t think they have suffered enough no. They contributed to the losing of their child. In my opinion they should have been arrested and charged with child endangerment/child neglect and/or child abandonment. The 7 other people who dined with them should also have faced the same charges. Yes, I believe if this had been John and Tracey Smith from Bristol who were not doctors/middle class they would have been torn through the courts and vilified by the media from the outset of the case first breaking(and rightly so).

What a load of rubbish. How bitter you must be after 12 years that this still annoys you. Your hopes and dreams of seeing a destroyed family dragged through the criminal justice system came to nothing. Boohoo.
    Maybe if you bring a bigger pitchfork to the next lynching you’ll get some satisfaction there.

ozzy jr wrote: »
    Yeah.

People do it all the time, not necessarily after their child goes missing, but people lie all the time. Some are really good at it too, regardless of evidence against them. Lance Armstrong springs to mind, Jimmy Saville another. Every politician that's ever lived :D

So all the people who sat down to eat that night, the Tapas 7, have all managed to keep this terrible secret, the most terrible secret anyone could possibly have, for 12 years.
    Despite merciless scrutiny from the press and the public.
    Not one of them ever let one iota slip.
    Not to anyone. Not in a row. No ones conscience was pricked. Ever.
    Not a word.
    So. 7 psychotics all just happened to go on holiday together.
    7 people know where the body of the most famous missing child ever is and none of them have ever cracked.

You do know how insane this is, surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Cyrus T Buford

Something Else
    So all the people who sat down to eat that night, the Tapas 7, have all managed to keep this terrible secret, the most terrible secret anyone could possibly have, for 12 years.
    Not a word.
    7 people know where the body of the most famous missing child ever is and none of them have ever cracked.

Who said ALL of the Tapas 7 were involved?

Something Else
    Not a word.

Steady on there. I answered a general question......
    Secondly, does anybody believe it possible to maintain a facade of innocence for so long without being found out?

My answer was not in relation to what you posted in your reply and I made that quite clear.

I'll spell it out to you again, PEOPLE lie all the time. I'm not specifically saying the McCanns are or the Tapas 7 or anything like that. PEOPLE, just people in general.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,281 ✭✭✭limnam

Not a word.

You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know...

• Advertisement

Who said ALL of the Tapas 7 were involved?

Ok so 7 adults and assorted small children went on holidays. One of the small children was alive one day at 6pm but had been accidentally killed/murdered and removed hidden and buried with no trace leaving absolutely no evidence whatsoever by 10pm while her parents ate tapas within full sight of the 5 other parents ALL THE TIME AND NOT ONE OF THEM NOTICED ANYTHING EVEN REMOTELY ODD!?!?

limnam wrote: »
    You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know...

I’m sure you were on The Three Arguidos forum all those years ago. Of course you were. You all couldn’t explain this super human secret keeping theory on behalf of the Tapas 7 then, and you still can’t explain it.
    Because it just doesn’t make any sense limnam. It didn’t make any sense then and 12 years later you still can’t make it fit your theory .
    That’s why people who kept asking the difficult questions on that forum got banned.
    You have a theory and you don’t want any pesky difficult questions like “who moved the body where when and how?”
    to be asked because the lack of answers doesn’t fit your theory.
    Frustrating for you but not enough that you’ll even consider, for one minute, that you could possibly be wrong all along....

Steady on there. I answered a general question......

My answer was not in relation to what you posted in your reply and I made that quite clear.

I'll spell it out to you again, PEOPLE lie all the time. I'm not specifically saying the McCanns are or the Tapas 7 or anything like that. PEOPLE, just people in general.

People lie about where they were last night and they lie about how much the new dress was or how much they spent in the bookies. They lie when you ask them if they like your new hairstyle and they lie when you ask them if they paid the electric bil.
    7 people don’t tell the same lie repeatedly for 12 years about the disappeance of an almost 4 year old girl that the whole world is searching 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭redshoes15

What a load of rubbish. How bitter you must be after 12 years that this still annoys you. Your hopes and dreams of seeing a destroyed family dragged through the criminal justice system came to nothing. Boohoo.
    Maybe if you bring a bigger pitchfork to the next lynching you’ll get some satisfaction there.

Madeline Mc Cann was 3 years old when she was left in an unlocked/unsecured property alone with her two younger siblings while her parents went to have dinner and drinks. The children may or may not have been drugged to ensure they didn’t cause any issues or problems. Madeline Mc Cann either: 1) Wandered off and was involved in an accident/incident that was fatal. 2) Was abducted from this property by persons unknown. 3) Came to harm at the hands of their parents (either accidentally or intentionally) or a member/members of the Tapas 7. Nothing about this case has ever caused me to feel bitter. Nothing apart from the fact that the case remains unsolved and the child was put in danger by the people who should have been her biggest protectors annoy me. I find the tone used in your response to my previous post absolutely pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,386 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Charmeleon wrote: »
    There was a witness who made a statement to the Gardand then the Portuguese police that he was almost certain he saw Gerry McCann walking with a child draped over his shoulder towards the beach. The e-fit of this man was created by the McCann investigators but was not released until Scotland Yard obtained it years later.

Load of Bollox :rolleyes:

Kate McCann believed the Smith sighting is highly significant

From the May 2009 Channel 4 documentary "Madeleine Was Here" (4.36):-

Quote:
    The most likely sighting of Madeleine and her abductor was by Jane Tanner, a friend of the McCanns.

In the files, Kate believes another witness statement from an Irish family, describes a very similar sighting to Jane’s. Less than a mile from the McCann’s apartment.

Kate: The reason why this is significant is.... both sightings were given independently. So, when this family gave their statement they weren’t aware of Jane's description and there’s actually quite a lot of similarities ... and it does beg the question... I mean, how many people carry their children on a cold night, not covered, you know?

Nothing on their arms, or their feet - no blanket.

Now, either there’s been two people carrying children that way who haven’t come forward to eliminate themselves, or potentially they’re related.

Voice of Interviewer: But, you think that child is Madeleine?

Kate: I think there's a good chance it could be Madeleine.

Certainly the description there sounds to me like Madeleine.Quote:

Kate McCann's book "Madeleine" (hardback):-

Kate McCann devotes no fewer than 4 pages in her book to the significance of the Smith sighting – pp 98, 328-329 & 365

Quote:
    “The police did not appear to feel that Jane’s sighting in Rua Dr Agostinho da Silva and the man and child reported by the Irish holidaymakers in Rua da Escola Primaria were related.

They seem to have concluded that these were in all likelihood two different men carrying two different children (if, they implied, these two men actually existed at all).

The only reason for their skepticism appeared to be an unexplained time lapse between the two sightings.

To me, the similarities seem far more significant than any discrepancy in timing”.Quote:

As for you bull about DNA evidence b0f2358504f4cb62727a691b8ab1382c.gif

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Accident happened, parents hid body
    Madeline Mc Cann was 3 years old when she was left in an unlocked/unsecured property alone with her two younger siblings while her parents went to have dinner and drinks. The children may or may not have been drugged to ensure they didn’t cause any issues or problems. Madeline Mc Cann either: 1) Wandered off and was involved in an accident/incident that was fatal. 2) Was abducted from this property by persons unknown. 3) Came to harm at the hands of their parents (either accidentally or intentionally) or a member/members of the Tapas 7. Nothing about this case has ever caused me to feel bitter. Nothing apart from the fact that the case remains unsolved and the child was put in danger by the people who should have been her biggest protectors annoy me. I find the tone used in your response to my previous post absolutely pathetic.

Well said, a lot of the posters constantly go on about what her parents suffered or went through, but what about Madeline, what about the suffering that poor child went through?

Load of Bollox :rolleyes:

Kate McCann believed the Smith sighting is highly significant

From the May 2009 Channel 4 documentary "Madeleine Was Here" (4.36):-

Quote:
    The most likely sighting of Madeleine and her abductor was by Jane Tanner, a friend of the McCanns.

In the files, Kate believes another witness statement from an Irish family, describes a very similar sighting to Jane’s. Less than a mile from the McCann’s apartment.

Kate: The reason why this is significant is.... both sightings were given independently. So, when this family gave their statement they weren’t aware of Jane's description and there’s actually quite a lot of similarities ... and it does beg the question... I mean, how many people carry their children on a cold night, not covered, you know?

Nothing on their arms, or their feet - no blanket.

Now, either there’s been two people carrying children that way who haven’t come forward to eliminate themselves, or potentially they’re related.

Voice of Interviewer: But, you think that child is Madeleine?

Kate: I think there's a good chance it could be Madeleine.

Certainly the description there sounds to me like Madeleine.Quote:

Kate McCann's book "Madeleine" (hardback):-

Kate McCann devotes no fewer than 4 pages in her book to the significance of the Smith sighting – pp 98, 328-329 & 365

Quote:
    “The police did not appear to feel that Jane’s sighting in Rua Dr Agostinho da Silva and the man and child reported by the Irish holidaymakers in Rua da Escola Primaria were related.

They seem to have concluded that these were in all likelihood two different men carrying two different children (if, they implied, these two men actually existed at all).

The only reason for their skepticism appeared to be an unexplained time lapse between the two sightings.

To me, the similarities seem far more significant than any discrepancy in timing”.Quote:

As for you bull about DNA evidence b0f2358504f4cb62727a691b8ab1382c.gif

I sense a pattern in your posting style. It’s almost like a computer algorithm where you detect keywords and regurgitate any related talking points without dealing with the actual issues raised.

You didn’t address any of the points I made. The Smith family saw a man carrying a child, the father later made a statement to the police that he was highly certain the man he saw looked like Gerry McCann and held the child in the same manner as Gerry did when he saw him on television. Kate doesn’t seem to mention this in any of the quotes you pasted in there.

The e-fit the McCann investigators generated from this sighting was never released by the McCann team before Scotland Yard published it.

The e-fit the McCann investigators generated from this sighting was never released by the McCann team before Scotland Yard published it.

For once I sort of agree with you.

The e-fit the McCann investigators generated, was with the Portugese Police and leicester police and only when Scotland Yard got involved were they released.

Portugese Police and leicester police had the e-fits and didn't release them.

This was mainly down to Amaral who thought the child was already disposed at the time

Maybe Kate didn't think it looked like Gerry, at the time of the sighting Gerry was seen by lots of people in the Ocean club at that time

Martin Smith was not sure %100 it was gerry

I actually think they look like the Podesta Brothers

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARTIN_SMITH.htm

Martan Smith been contacted by numerous tabloid press looking for stories. He has been contacted by Mr Brian Kennedy who is supporting the McCann family to take part in a photo fit exercise. He has given no stories or helped in any photo fits.

Have your self some fun with this eye witnesses

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/RI_Mc.htm

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JOHN_LOWE.htm#p10p2653-2660l

DNA Testing

Samples collected in the living room of the apartment 5A, block A, Ocean Club, tourist resort - Praia da Luz, Lagos, on August 1st, 2007, following the examination carried out by a British specialist dog team. Delivery note no. 286/2007 - CR/L):

Objects attributed to the Apartment 5A of the Ocean Club

86/2007-CRL (1) Pieces of floor-tile identified as number 1
    A DNA result by LCN, that appeared to be from at least three persons and that was too complex for a meaningful interpretation, was obtained from the cellular material collected from these floor tiles.

286/2007-CRL (2) Pieces of floor-tile identified as number 2
    An inconclusive, incomplete DNA result, consisting of only some unconfirmed DNA components, was obtained from the cellular material recovered from the edges of floor-tile 2 from the apartment floor. The attempt to obtain a DNA profile from any cellular material recovered from the larger area of floor-tile 2 was unfruitful, given that it was not possible to obtain any DNA profile. These samples were then subjected to LCN analysis.

An incomplete, low-level DNA result was obtained through LCN from cellular material in an area of floor-tile 2. In my opinion, there is not any positive proof that supports the theory of any of the members of the McCann family to have contributed DNA to this result. A DNA result was obtained through LCN consistent with only one DNA component from a second area of floor-tile 2. In my opinion, this component leaves no room for any other interpretation.

286/2007-CRL (3) Pieces of floor-tile identified as number 3
    The attempts to a DNA profile from any cellular material in two areas of this floor-tile were unfruitful, given that no DNA profile was obtained. These samples were submitted for LCN analysis.

FSS-GF-679 Emissao 2, Pagina 10

A DNA result that consisted of only some DNA components was obtained through LCN analysis of cellular material recovered from one area of floor-tile 3. In my opinion, this result left no room for any other interpretation. The attempt made the obtain a DNA profile through LCN from a second area of floor-tile 3 was unfruitful, given that no profile was obtained.

286/2007-CRL (4) Pieces of floor-tile identified as number 4
    Low-level DNA results were obtained through LCN from cellular material present in swabs collected from these floor-tiles. In my opinion, this resuly contained information too meagre [scanty/poor] to permit a meaningful comparison.

286/2007-CRL (5) Pieces of floor-tile identified close to number 1
    The attempt to obtain a DNA result through the LCN technique from some cellular material present in swabs collected from the marks [spots] 1, 2 and 3 were unfruitful, given that no DNA profile was obtained.

286/2007-CRL (6) Pieces of skirting board identified as number 1
    A DNA result that appeared to be from at least three persons and that was too complex to permit a meaningful interpretation was obtained through LCN from these objects.

FSS-GF-679 Emissao 2, Pagina 11

286/2007-CRL (7) Pieces of skirting board identified as number 2
    A DNA result that appeared to be from at least three persons and that was too complex to permit a meaningful interpretation was obtained through LCN from cellular material recovered from these objects.

286/2007-CRL (8) Pieces of skirting board identified as numbers 2 and 3
    A DNA result that appeared to be from at least three persons and that was too complex to permit a meaningful interpretation was obtained through LCN from cellular material recovered from these objects.

286/2007-CRL (9) Pieces of skirting board identified as number 3
    A DNA result that contained information too meagre to permit a meaningful interpretation was obtained through LCN from cellular material present in swabs collected from these objects.

286/2007-CRL (10) Pieces of skirting board identified as number 4

FSS-GF-679 Emissao 2, Pagina 12

286/2007-CRL (11) Pieces of skirting board identified close to number 1

286/2007-CRL (12) Pieces of skirting board identified close to number 4
    Low-level DNA results were obtained through LCN from cellular material present in swabs collected from these objects.
    In my opinion, there exists no proof that supports the theory that any member of the McCann family had contributed DNA to these results.

286/2007-CRL (13) Residual/small fragments in the area of the skirting board.
    The attempt to obtain a result through LCN from any cellular material that may have been in these fragments was unfruitful, given that no profile was obtained, possibly due to the absence of sufficient good quality DNA.

286/2007-CRL (14) Dust/small fragments in the area of the floor tiles
    This object was not adequate to perform DNA profile tests.

FSS-GF-679 Emissao 2, Pagina 13

286/2007-CRL (15) Cement-glue [grouting] between the floor tiles
    The attempt to obtain a result through LCN from any cellular material that may have been in these fragments was unfruitful, given that no profile was obtained, possibly due to the absence of sufficient good quality DNA.

286/2007-CRL (16) Cement-glue [grouting] between the floor tiles identified as number 1
    A DNA profile that did not match any [of the five members] of the McCann family was obtained through LCN from cellular material recovered in that area.

286/2007-CRL (17) Cement-glue [grouting] between the floor tiles identified as number 2
    A DNA profile that appeared to be from at least two sources was obtained through LCN from cellular material recovered in that area. In my opinion, the major part of the profile matched that of Lino Henriques. Breaking [departing] from the principle, for it to have had a DNA contribution from Lino Henriques then the remaining information in the smaller part of the result is too meagre to permit a meaningful interpretation.

286/2007-CRL (18) Cement-glue [grouting] between the floor tiles identified as number 3

FSS-GF-679 Emissao 2, Pagina 14

286/2007-CRL (19) Cement-glue [grouting] between the floor tiles identified as number 4

286/2007-CRL (20) Fragments of floor tile and grouting

286/2007-CRL (21) Fragments of bush/shrubbery
    Insofar as it relates to this sample, the examination performed was aimed at the detection of the possible presence of blood, no trace thereof having been found. Particles from the superficial surface layer were recovered and preserved in a way similar to that of hairs and fibres. In my opinion, the capillary roots were not good quality as they were not adequate to perform DNA profile tests.

286/2007-CRL (22, 23 e 24) Oral swabs for elimination
    A new deposition to report the examination of these objects will be presented at a future time along with the DNA profiles obtained to date from all the DNA results relating to this case.

FSS-GF-679 Emissao 2, Pagina 15

286A/2007-CRL 1A & B Swabs collected from the floor of the apartment
    An incomplete DNA result, apparently originating from a male individual but not matching any other profile obtained in this case, was obtained through LCN from the cellular material present in the combined swabs.

286A/2007-CRL 2A & B Swabs collected from the floor of the apartment
    A mixed DNA result, apparently originating from at least two people, was obtained through LCN from the cellular material present in the combined swabs.
    In my opinion, there are no indications that justify [confirm/prove] the theory that any member of the McCann family had contributed DNA to this result.

286A/2007-CRL 3A& B Swabs collected from the floor of the apartment
    An incomplete and weak DNA result comprising only some unconfirmed DNA components was obtained from the cellular material present in the dry swab (3A). The attempt to obtain a result from any cellular material that may have been in the same area and present in the wet swab (3B) was unfruitful, given that no profile was obtained. These samples were submitted for LCN tests.

An incomplete DNA result was obtained through LCN from cellular material present in the swab (286A/2007 CRL 3A). The low-level DNA result showed very meagre information indicating more than one person. Departing from the principle that all confirmed DNA components within the scope of this result originated from a single source, then these pointed to corresponding components in the profile of Madeleine McCann; however, if the DNA within the scope of this result originated from more than one person then the result could be explained as being DNA originating from [a mixture of DNA from both] Kate Healy and Gerald McCann, for example. DNA profiles established through LCN are extremely sensitive; it is not possible to attribute this DNA profile to a particular body fluid. nor to determine how or when that DNA was transferred to that area.

FSS-GF-679 Emissao 2, Pagina 16

A low-level DNA result was obtained through LCN from the cellular material present in the swab (286A/2007 CRL 3B).
    In my opinion, there are no indications that justify [confirm/prove] the theory that any member of the McCann family had contributed DNA to this result.

286A/2007-CRL 4A & B Swabs collected from the wall of the apartment
    An incomplete DNA result, apparently originating from a female individual, was obtained through LCN from the cellular material present in the combined swabs.

286A/2007-CRL 5A & B Swabs collected from the wall of the apartment
    A mixed DNA result, apparently originating from at least two persons, was obtained through LCN from the cellular material present in the combined swabs.
    In my opinion, there are no indications that justify [confirm/prove] the theory that any member of the McCann family had contributed DNA to this result. In my opinion, Fernando Viegas could have contributed DNA to this result.

FSS-GF-679 Emissao 2, Pagina 17

286A/2007-CRL 6A & B Swabs collected from the wall of the apartment
    The DNA results obtained through LCN from cellular material present in these combined swabs contained information too meagre to permit a meaningful comparison.

286A/2007-CRL 7A & B Swabs collected from the wall of the apartment
    A mixed DNA result, apparently originating from at least two persons, was obtained through LCN from the cellular material present in the combined swabs.

286A/2007-CRL 8A & B Swabs collected from the wall of the apartment
    The DNA results obtained through LCN from cellular material present in these combined swabs contained information too meagre to permit a meaningful comparison.

286A/2007-CRL 9A & B Swabs collected from the wall of the apartment
    An incomplete DNA result, apparently originating from a male individual, was obtained through LCN from the cellular material present in the combined swabs.
    In my opinion, there are no indications that justify [confirm/prove] the theory that any member of the McCann family had contributed DNA to this result. Also, this result did not match in any way the profile obtained from swabs 286A/2007 CRL 1A & B.

FSS-GF-679 Emissao 2, Pagina 18

286A/2007-CRL 10A & B Swabs collected from the wall of the apartment

286A/2007-CRL 11A & B Swabs collected from the wall of the apartment
    The attempt to obtain a DNA result through LCN from all and any cellular material recovered from these combined swabs was unfruitful, given that no profile was obtained, possibly due to the absence of sufficient good quality DNA.

286A/2007-CRL 12A & B Swabs collected from the wall of the apartment
    In my opinion, there is no evidence that supports the theory that any member of the McCann family had contributed DNA to this result.

FSS-GF-679 Emissao 2, Pagina 19

286A/2007-CRL 13A & B Swabs collected from the wall of the apartment
    The attempt to obtain a DNA result through LCN from all and any cellular material recovered from these combined swabs was unfruitful, given that no profile was obtained, possibly due to the absence of sufficient good quality DNA.

286A/2007-CRL 14A & B Swabs collected from the rear of the sofa
    Weak and incomplete DNA results consisting only of some unconfirmed DNA components were obtained from the cellular material present in these wet and dry swabs. In my opinion the results are not adequate for comparison purposes. These samples were submitted for LCN analysis.

A mixed, low-level DNA result was obtained through LCN from the cellular material present in each of the swabs.
    In my opinion, there are no conclusive indications that justify [confirm/prove] the theory that any member of the McCann family had contributed DNA to these results.

FSS-GF-679 Emissao 2, Pagina 20

286A/2007-CRL 15A & B Swabs collected from the rear of the sofa
    A weak and incomplete DNA result showing indications as having come from more than one person was obtained from the cellular material present in dry swab (15A) effected on the rear of the sofa. In my opinion the result is not adequate for comparison purposes. These samples were submitted for LCN analysis.

A DNA result, apparently originating from at least three persons of whom at least two were male and contributed the majority of the DNA, was obtained from the cellular material present in the wet swab (15B) effected on the rear of the sofa.
    In my opinion, there are no conclusive indications that justify the theory that any member of the McCann family had contributed DNA to this result.

An incomplete, low-level DNA result, comprising only some DNA components, was obtained through LCN from the cellular material present in the dry swab (15A).
    In my opinion, there are no conclusive indications that justify the theory that any member of the McCann family had contributed DNA to this result.

I post the above

Your Reply

The dogs detect traces of bodily fluid, most of which do not contain DNA. For blood samples for example, only the white blood cells contain DNA. Dead skin cells that fall off continuously do not preserve DNA. A negative DNA test does not invalidate the dog indications.

The well-known ‘CSI Effect’ leads people to believe that crimes result in DNA all over the place. That’s rarely the case.

The dogs are trained and tested to detect bodily fluids on objects and surfaces that have been washed and therefore are highly unlikely to contain traces of DNA.

I mentioned nothing about dogs, the post I posted was talking the DNA samples from the apartment 5a.

Simple enough to understand

• Advertisement

Something Else
    People lie about where they were last night and they lie about how much the new dress was or how much they spent in the bookies. They lie when you ask them if they like your new hairstyle and they lie when you ask them if they paid the electric bil.
    7 people don’t tell the same lie repeatedly for 12 years about the disappeance of an almost 4 year old girl that the whole world is searching 4.

Seriously, you need to read the reply you quoted. I even want as far as to say I was not refering to the McCanns or the Tapas 7, but you still ignored that.

And people lie about a lot more serious things than "a new hairstyle".

Bill Clinton never had sexual relations with Monica Lewinsky.
    Richard Nixon knew nothing about Watergate.
    OJ Simpson didn't kill his wife.
    Neither did Joe O'Reilly.

History is full of people prepared to lie.

ONCE AGAIN I'M NOT REFERRING TO THE MCCANNS OR THE TAPAS 7, JUST MAKING A GENERAL POINT ABOUT WHAT PEOPLE WILL DO TO PROTEST THEIR INNOCENCE, REGARDLESS OF THE EVIDENCE AGAINST THEM.

fin12 wrote: »
    Well said, a lot of the posters constantly go on about what her parents suffered or went through, but what about Madeline, what about the suffering that poor child went through?

Madeleine suffered. She’s dead. Her parents suffered. They continue to suffer everyday. Why do you want them to suffer more? What kind of person wants to inflict more suffering on people who have been suffering horrendously for 12 years.
    People like you.
    Unless you want to argue that they’re not suffering.
    Go ahead.

Seriously, you need to read the reply you quoted. I even want as far as to say I was not refering to the McCanns or the Tapas 7, but you still ignored that.

And people lie about a lot more serious things than "a new hairstyle".

Bill Clinton never had sexual relations with Monica Lewinsky.
    Richard Nixon knew nothing about Watergate.
    OJ Simpson didn't kill his wife.
    Neither did Joe O'Reilly.

History is full of people prepared to lie.

ONCE AGAIN I'M NOT REFERRING TO THE MCCANNS OR THE TAPAS 7, JUST MAKING A GENERAL POINT ABOUT WHAT PEOPLE WILL DO TO PROTEST THEIR INNOCENCE, REGARDLESS OF THE EVIDENCE AGAINST THEM.
    None of the examples you give compare to 7 ordinary Joe Soaps all colluding to lie about thevery sudden tragic death of one of their minor children, and maintaining that lie doggedly for 12 years.
    You haven’t even made a good attempt here. Very poor.
    Unless your arguing that they planned to kill Madeleine prior to the holiday.
    I know that was one of the anti McCann cult theories, back in the day....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,281 ✭✭✭limnam

I’m sure you were on The Three Arguidos forum all those years ago. Of course you were. You all couldn’t explain this super human secret keeping theory on behalf of the Tapas 7 then, and you still can’t explain it.
    Because it just doesn’t make any sense limnam. It didn’t make any sense then and 12 years later you still can’t make it fit your theory .
    That’s why people who kept asking the difficult questions on that forum got banned.
    You have a theory and you don’t want any pesky difficult questions like “who moved the body where when and how?”
    to be asked because the lack of answers doesn’t fit your theory.
    Frustrating for you but not enough that you’ll even consider, for one minute, that you could possibly be wrong all along....

Huh...

What waffle..

You don't even know what my "theory" is or even if I have one....

Something Else
    None of the examples you give compare to 7 ordinary Joe Soaps all colluding to lie about thevery sudden tragic death of one of their minor children, and maintaining that lie doggedly for 12 years.

Jeez :D

How many times do I have to spell it out to you?
    ozzy jr wrote:
    ozzy jr wrote:
    ozzy jr wrote:
    People do it all the time, not necessarily after their child goes missing, but people lie all the time.

Does that clear it up for you, or do I need to spell it out for you again. Ah sure I may as well. People lie all the time, from small little lies, to big f**kin huge ones. I'm not suggesting for one minute that the McCanns or the Tapas 7 are doing anything of the sort. I think that's as clear as I can make it.

Yet somehow you manage to come up with this......
    Unless your arguing that they planned to kill Madeleine prior to the holiday.

:D:D:D

Wtf is going on in your head? I never mentioned anything of the sort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Some posters are putting words in others mouths on this thread . Its very obvious and best ignored .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

splinter65 wrote:
    It’s not ridiculous. Parents put children down for the night and they close the bedroom door and go to their own bedroom and go to sleep. Anything could happen any child in its own room while it’s parent is asleep or outside cutting the grass. Unless you sit in your child’s bedroom while they sleep then they are being left unattended. The children were all being checked at regular intervals, in a Rota involving 3 sets of parents that’s how she was discovered missing. You prefer to imply that the children were dumped into bed and abandoned by careless unloving neglectful parents. People seem to get particularly gleeful pleasure out of sitting in pious judgment over the McCanns because they were medical professionals who both came from very ordinary backgrounds, so working class kids made “good†so to speak. This seems to irk a certain section of society, who in years gone by would have derided G McCann in particular as an “upstartâ€, cheeky and brash who’d “got above himselfâ€. The unfortunate woman who took her own life after being outed by Sky News as one of the internet trolls who spent vast hours trying to destroy Kate McCann was particularly irked by what she imagined was the lavish lifestyle Mrs McCann enjoyed as a GP married to a consultant cardiologist. The disappeance of Maddie McCann. The gift that keeps on giving to those who sit and judge.

In relevance to the McCann case it is . Putting your child to sleep in their own bed and remaining in the house is in stark contrast to what the McCanns did. Surprised you don't see the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

You will need quite a bit of free time to watch the 3 x 45 mins Youtube video's featuring Statement analyst Peter Hyatt titled "Embedded Confessions"
    Not just to anyone interested in the McCann disappearance but anyone interested in the science of how investigators interpret what someone says and what they could possibly be unintentionally saying?
    Peter comes across as someone fairly level headed and dare I say it has no agenda regarding this particular case.
    As I said you will need to spend well over 2hrs in total watch time as the subject is split into 3 x 45 mins episodes but for the full benefit I recommend watching all 3
    It really made me think and also listen more closely to what people say
    Body language is another fascinating subject...

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,929 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

We need to get Tim Roth in there to figure out who's lying and what really happened :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

There is a clear divide in this thread between posters who think Madeleine was abducted and those who think the parents were involved. Both sets of posters are essentially using the exact same argument to back up their position - The total lack of evidence.

That's what it boils down to - there is no evidence that Madeleine was abducted but equally there is no evidence that the parents were involved. That's what makes this such a frustrating case. What's clear though is that nobody posting on this thread can be certain about the opinion they hold and the I find the staunch refusal to listen to the arguments of the other side to be a little odd, especially from posters who think it was a simple abduction case.

MODE NOTE: As an aside, posters stating that they don't think the parents have suffered enough are dangerously close to breaking the rules of this forum. You may hold the opinion that the parents were negligent without being so vitriolic

The fact there is no evidence at all leads me to believe it was a planned inside job
    The pattern of leaving the kids was established . They had booked tables in the Tapas in advance and staff knew the pattern . Maybe a member of staff passed this on to a paedophile gang or possibly mentioned to someone who then passed it on
    Staff have keys to the doors and its not difficult to imagine a key was used to open the front door ( the door on the far side away from the Tapas ) They would use gloves and enter in the darkness
    That door is sheltered by trees and in darkness not impossible to imagine they wouldn't be seen
    A car parked in the small parking space between the path and the door . A key used , child wrapped in a blanket , into the car and gone
    Gone north into dark isolated countryside and gone before Madeleine was even missed
    There are balconys on the apartment block across the road behind the Mc Canns but on a dark cool May evening iits not impropable to think no one wad sitting out that evening .

No evidence at all for my thoughts but it's possible and not improbable to imagine it could happen

• Advertisement

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    The fact there is no evidence at all leads me to believe it was a planned inside job
    The pattern of leaving the kids was established . They had booked tables in the Tapas in advance and staff knew the pattern . Maybe a member of staff passed this on to a paedophile gang or possibly mentioned to someone who then passed it on
    Staff have keys to the doors and its not difficult to imagine a key was used to open the front door ( the door on the far side away from the Tapas ) They would use gloves and enter in the darkness
    That door is sheltered by trees and in darkness not impossible to imagine they wouldn't be seen
    A car parked in the small parking space between the path and the door . A key used , child wrapped in a blanket , into the car and gone
    Gone north into dark isolated countryside and gone before Madeleine was even missed
    There are balconys on the apartment block across the road behind the Mc Canns but on a dark cool May evening iits not impropable to think no one wad sitting out that evening .

No evidence at all for my thoughts but it's possible and not improbable to imagine it could happen

Possible for sure.

The only thing is the Smith sighting seems to be a genuine sighting of the child being taken away by foot by someone obviously not prepared ahead of time. No one has ever come forward despite being seen by an entire family. The child was not covered in a blanket and was just in pygamas and bare feet.

Whoever this was seems to have been responsible for the disappearance and had a very poor plan in place if they ended up walking around the streets with a sleeping child a few hundred meters away from the apartment.

Possible for sure.

The only thing is the Smith sighting seems to be a genuine sighting of the child being taken away by foot by someone obviously not prepared ahead of time. No one has ever come forward despite being seen by an entire family. The child was not covered in a blanket and was just in pygamas and bare feet.

Whoever this was seems to have been responsible for the disappearance and had a very poor plan in place if they ended up walking around the streets with a sleeping child a few hundred meters away from the apartment.

Yes that is a valid point .Having said that it was never proven the Smyths saw Gerry Mc Cann and it may not have been connected ? The Mark Warner creche had kids sleeping there and supervised from 8pm until 11pm ./ People collected there kids from there and often lifted them asleep back to their apartments.
    It just could have been an innocent person bringing his child home . The way it was described how Gerry carried one of the twins is not an unusual way to carry a child in my opinion .I have seen lots of fathers carry kids like that

https://mmknowthetruth.blogspot.com/2016/11/the-smiths-sighting.html

Kingp35 wrote: »
    There is a clear divide in this thread between posters who think Madeleine was abducted and those who think the parents were involved. Both sets of posters are essentially using the exact same argument to back up their position - The total lack of evidence.

That's what it boils down to - there is no evidence that Madeleine was abducted but equally there is no evidence that the parents were involved. That's what makes this such a frustrating case. What's clear though is that nobody posting on this thread can be certain about the opinion they hold and the I find the staunch refusal to listen to the arguments of the other side to be a little odd, especially from posters who think it was a simple abduction case.

MODE NOTE: As an aside, posters stating that they don't think the parents have suffered enough are dangerously close to breaking the rules of this forum. You may hold the opinion that the parents were negligent without being so vitriolic

And then there's the likes of myself who is still undecided and completely flummoxed by the whole affair yeah? There is a middle ground for this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Often thought this myself and wondered how thoroughly the staff were questioned\vetted by the police at the time.

Steve F wrote: »
    You will need quite a bit of free time to watch the 3 x 45 mins Youtube video's featuring Statement analyst Peter Hyatt titled "Embedded Confessions"
    Not just to anyone interested in the McCann disappearance but anyone interested in the science of how investigators interpret what someone says and what they could possibly be unintentionally saying?
    Peter comes across as someone fairly level headed and dare I say it has no agenda regarding this particular case.
    As I said you will need to spend well over 2hrs in total watch time as the subject is split into 3 x 45 mins episodes but for the full benefit I recommend watching all 3
    It really made me think and also listen more closely to what people say
    Body language is another fascinating subject...

Peters opinion is peters. No more or less worthy then my own.

Often thought this myself and wondered how thoroughly the staff were questioned\vetted by the police at the time.

Its a lot of reading but scroll down to Mark Warner employees and there is a long list of interviews

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/TRANSLATIONS.htm

Peters opinion is peters. No more or less worthy then my own.

Hi Splinter65
    Have you watched all 3 episodes?
    I agree it is only his opinion,however he is a trained Statement Analyst.Surely that counts for something? :confused:
    Regards
    Steve F

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,113 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

The nannies gave statements to the Police and then were immediately shipped off to other MW resorts (Greece), the following day. MW also got in Bell-Potter to provide emergency public relations services, which they generously extended to the McCanns. Apart from the nannies being shipped out within 24hrs of giving statements, they also shipped out 3 other staff members. All very helpful of them.

They also helpfully provided the nannies with rape whistles and warnings. What did they tell their customers?
    “We were told, ‘Here’s a rape whistle, don’t go anywhere by yourself, ever.’ There’d been a girl attacked the year or so before in Praia da Luz. It didn’t sound like a family resort to me.
    https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/news-life/nanny-who-looked-after-madeline-mccann-speaks-out-for-the-first-time/news-story/926dc5312ec184fbec0d5235ef63b4d2

I just read of Aoife Smiths statement.

Hadn't read that one for a while.

Only twigged this but, Aoife said the child had a top with Long Sleeves.

If I remember correctly the press release for Madeline said a top with short sleeves.

Might not be anything but I only noticed it now

A good read here from another Sighting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

A few observations...

Abduction theory

One thing that I feel gets brushed under the carpet during discussions about this case is the fact that there were multiple burglaries in Praia de Luz during the time leading up to the McCann's holiday, it was not a safe area. There were sex assaults on young girls in the Algarve where the attacker was caught in the child's bed in the holiday apartment. If this kind of behavior was going on, its not too much of stretch to imagine an escalation to abduction.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/apr/23/madeleine-mccann-police-nine-assaults-british-girls-algarve

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=3733.0

The sniffer dogs

While I have nothing but respect for the accuracy of sniffer dogs (I have personally seen them in action in Ireland), something does not sit quite right with me about their findings in this case. The hire car was obtained two weeks after Madeline went missing. Two weeks into the investigation and the entire world was watching the McCann's. There is no way they would have put Madeline's body into that car. It would just be impossible and literally asking to be caught. It was a car that they would have to give back at some stage, along with all the evidence. Why would they do that?

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-13386785

The Smith sighting

Martin Smith made his initial statement to the investigators but weeks later changed elements of his testimony. He made these changes after seeing Gerry McCann walking out of an airplane carrying one of the twins. He said it was "the way he carried the child" that caused him to have second thoughts. This always didn't sit right with me. How many ways are there to carry a sleeping child? The photo fits made during the Smith's initial statements look nothing like Gerry.

Here is footage of Gerry holding the sleeping child, I cannot find the footage of him walking from the plane but I did see that footage on Sky News at the time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pepDNi7WSYs&t=17s

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARTIN_SMITH.htm

"Reported that he passed a male carrying a child in Praia da Luz the night Maddie went missing. Went and made a statement to Portugal police in Portimao on 26th of May and returned to the U.K. Is saying that after seeing McCANNS on the news on 9th of September when they returned to the U.K. He has not slept and is worried sick. He states he was watching the 10 pm news on BBC and saw the McCANNS getting off the plane and coming down the steps. He states it was like watching an action replay of the night he saw the male carrying the child back in Portugal. He states the way Gerry was carrying his twin triggered something in his head. It was exactly the same way and look of the other male seen the night Maddy went missing. He also watched ITV news and SKY news and inferred it looked like the same person both times carrying the children. Is asking a member of the OP Task Force to ring him back. He was with a group of 9 family and friends the night he saw the male in Portugal. He sounded quite shaken and worried whilst speaking to me. "

I believe that Martin Smith MAY have been biased having been caught up in the whole sh*t storm of the situation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

A good read here from another Sighting.

If I read that correctly, the witness made an initial statement then changed some details to implicate the McCanns after viewing a few days of wall to wall television coverage about the case. Later, it was found that the man carrying the child was a Ukrainian guy, the child was his daughter and the woman who the witness was "positive" was Kate McCann was in fact the Ukrainian mans wife.

This is what I think happened with the Smith sighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deusexmachina

What evidence have you that the children were ‘drugged’?

I absolutely don’t think they have suffered enough no. They contributed to the losing of their child. In my opinion they should have been arrested and charged with child endangerment/child neglect and/or child abandonment. The 7 other people who dined with them should also have faced the same charges. Yes, I believe if this had been John and Tracey Smith from Bristol who were not doctors/middle class they would have been torn through the courts and vilified by the media from the outset of the case first breaking(and rightly so).

That’s hysterical nonsense combined with a mighty chip on your shoulder. Nasty, callous and ignorant comment.

Some vital witnesses the Portuguese Police didn't interview.

Michael Sperry and Clare Sperry

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JEREMY-WILKINS.htm
    He told us that yesterday, between 8.30 and 9pm, while he was in the "TAPAS" restaurant, he noted that a person of around 1.70m, with long blond hair, apparently of the "Rasta," style and dressed in green military-style clothes, entered the restaurant. This person did not stay very long. Their behaviour was somewhat strange and they seemed to be rather nervous. He was alone, he did not speak to anyone and left soon afterwards. The informant maintains that he has never seen this person in the village.

MICHAEL SPERREY CLARE SPERREY

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/TAPAS-EMPLOYEES.htm

In the main reception (open 24h) of the Ocean Club, the signatory [undersigned] was able to observe a person with long hair, curly, blonde in colour, with camouflage shorts and green sweat-shirt, which fit the description of the suspect of the "Rastas", it being that I questioned the receptionist about him, who said that this individual and his wife are guests in the hotel and he has been tireless, since yesterday, in search of the missing girl. Attached are photocopies of their passports as well as the hotel registration form.

[The very last paragraph of my translation of pages 121-125 in /PJ/TAPAS-EMPLOYEES.htm states that they are passport copies of the person identified as the man with 'Rasta' hairstyle, camouflage shorts and green sweat-shirt (taken to be the person seen by Jez Wilkins per his witness statement), and his wife. They were resort guests. I have no reference to a formal witness statement from them on file, merely the above identification to eliminate them from the inquiry.]

The Sperry's had booked the tapas for 9pm 3rd may
    03_VOLUME_IIIa_Page_608.jpg

Paul and Susan Moyse

Paul Moyes, 58, who is on holiday with his wife, Susan, said:

"The couple said the drama unfolded after what they described as “a fabulous day” in the Praia Da Luz resort.

It was as the couple were sleeping that three-year-old Madeleine was snatched from her parents’ holiday apartment below.

Mrs Moyes, 58, from Middlewich, Cheshire, told how they had returned to their apartment at around 9.15pm after an evening out.

“We went into the apartment, I went out on the balcony, looking over at the tapas bar, and remarked to Paul that there were so many people in there eating and drinking – ’what a fabulous day’.”

Among those dining in the tapas bar opposite their apartment were Madeleine’s parents, Gerry and Kate, who were making regular trips back to their own rooms to check on their children.

Everywhere was peaceful, everywhere was lovely - we then went to bed.

“At 11.30pm there was a knock on the door. I went out in my dressing gown and there was a distressed gentleman there saying that a child had been abducted and could we help with the search..

So, we got dressed and joined in the search, we were out until about four in the morning with, oooh… about, I don't know, thirty people... thirty other people, maybe.

The Mark Warner team were out, errm... and other guests at the Ocean Club.
    rr-composite-moyesv3.jpg?w=960

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Accident happened, parents hid body
    I would love to see these "experts" that comment on that Tears of a crime show read the parents body language.

I have said from day one that the mother knows exactly what happened.

Not one more penny should be spent on this case. I just hope the Met police will spend millions on every British kid that goes missing abroad in future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

Something Else

Paul and Susan Moyse

Paul Moyes, 58, who is on holiday with his wife, Susan, said:

"The couple said the drama unfolded after what they described as “a fabulous day” in the Praia Da Luz resort.

It was as the couple were sleeping that three-year-old Madeleine was snatched from her parents’ holiday apartment below.

Mrs Moyes, 58, from Middlewich, Cheshire, told how they had returned to their apartment at around 9.15pm after an evening out.

“We went into the apartment, I went out on the balcony, looking over at the tapas bar, and remarked to Paul that there were so many people in there eating and drinking – ’what a fabulous day’.”

Among those dining in the tapas bar opposite their apartment were Madeleine’s parents, Gerry and Kate, who were making regular trips back to their own rooms to check on their children.

Everywhere was peaceful, everywhere was lovely - we then went to bed.

“At 11.30pm there was a knock on the door. I went out in my dressing gown and there was a distressed gentleman there saying that a child had been abducted and could we help with the search..

So, we got dressed and joined in the search, we were out until about four in the morning with, oooh… about, I don't know, thirty people... thirty other people, maybe.

The Mark Warner team were out, errm... and other guests at the Ocean Club.
    rr-composite-moyesv3.jpg?w=960

its a crazy situation.
    if a child was missing the parents would be screaming adn shouting out her name. if they could hear children crying then they would easily hear a very distressed parent calling for their child. .

prinzeugen wrote: »
    I would love to see these "experts" that comment on that Tears of a crime show read the parents body language.

I have said from day one that the mother knows exactly what happened.

Not one more penny should be spent on this case. I just hope the Met police will spend millions on every British kid that goes missing abroad in future.

And why did you say that from Day One? Looks suspicious, does she? What did she do?

What evidence have you that the children were ‘drugged’?

“The children may or may not have been drugged to ensure they didn’t cause any issues or problems.”

I’m pretty sure that’s an exact quote from my post, I’m open to correction tho...

• Advertisement

That’s hysterical nonsense combined with a mighty chip on your shoulder. Nasty, callous and ignorant comment.

And that’s a litany of personal insults you have spewed in my direction on a discussion board. Wowzers!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement