Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SSEAirtricity - why the same amount every month?

Options
  • 22-10-2018 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭

I’m probably being thick, but anyway....

1. Despite regular meter readings, SSEAirtricity takes €102 from our account every month: why is this? Is it amended every few months to account for over/under payment?

2. The guy that comes to read the meter I seems to be from ESB. Why are they reading the meter?

3. Are they competitive?

Thanks.

D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

1. Sounds like you are on a level pay plan, which averages out your payments over the course of the year

2. The meters and instrastructre are owned by ESB Networks, a different company to Electric Ireland. ESBN take the readings for all meters and share them with the relevant providers

3. Can’t answer this, a lot depends on your particular usage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

Dinarius wrote: »
    I’m probably being thick, but anyway....

1. Despite regular meter readings, SSEAirtricity takes €102 from our account every month: why is this? Is it amended every few months to account for over/under payment?

2. The guy that comes to read the meter I seems to be from ESB. Why are they reading the meter?

3. Are they competitive?

Thanks.

D.

It sounds like you are on a budget plan with them, that spreads it out across the year.

https://www.sseairtricity.com/ie/home/help-centre/budget-plan/budget-plan/what-is-sse-airtricity-budget-plan/

ESB Networks will read your Electricity meter and Gas Networks Ireland will read your Gas meter regardless of which supplier you are with.

The electricity network is owned and operated separately to where the supply comes from. So SSEAirtricity are your energy supplier, but ESB Networks are responsible for installing, maintaining and reading your meter.

Advertisement