Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not using night units

Options
  • 22-10-2018 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭

My girlfriend has a meter with day and night units. However since she's moved in, only day units have been used and the night unit reading is exactly the same. The immersion timer switches on at night, so there definitely should be units being used at night. It seems the clock isn't ticking over to use night rates at night. 
    Is there a problem with the meter itself? How do I get it fixed, and are we liable for the electricity that's been incorrectly charged as night rates?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 20 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Glenn

Hi Blisterman,

Thank you for getting in touch.

If you have a day/night meter and the night units are not recording, this could be a time-switch fault.

I would advise you to contact our Customer Care on 1850 372 372, or on 01 8529534. They are open from 8am-8pm, Monday-Saturday (excluding public holidays).

An agent will log a request for a technician from ESB Networks, to come out and fix this for you.

The agent will also log a request to the billing department, because your bills might need to be amended.

We just need to advise that the account holder would need to contact us, regarding this.

If you have any further questions, please let us know.

Best regards,
    Glenn

Advertisement