Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ovewrcharging sitution

• 22-10-2018 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]To whom it may concern,[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Where do I start, I decided last December to look into purchasing a newer IPhone as my previous IPhone was starting to give me problems, after browsing online I noticed an offer that suited me from my current phone provider, Eir, an IPhone 8 Plus with a 24 month contract for €350 straght up and €24.99 for the first 12 months with it been €44.99 for the following 12 months. This offer exists once you have Eir broadband or a home phone with Eir which I have. It was an offer which suited me so I went ahead and purchased it online. [/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]My phone came few days later and everything was smooth and great, or so I thought. My first bill came and was €55.95, I rang customer careline and dealt with a pleasant English chap who looked into my situation and told me not to worry this can happen on the first bill month and “fixed”the issue for me. I went away happy that the problem was fixed, only problem was that it never was and still isn’t.[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Fast forward 11 months, I have been overcharged each month up until 2 months ago after literally hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of calls to customer care over months just trying to get charged what I have agreed to, I have been thrown to every possible team member and told time and again that the problem will be rectified only for it to never be. I had finally got to the bottom of it 2 months ago when finally a manager had finally had the decency to get to the bottom of it and waved the bill until it refunded me mathematically, which doing the math should be €299.88 of savings....but here I am 2 months into not being charged after now receiving an email for €49.88. My trip to hell with Eir has not ended it seems.[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]My overall point being[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]All I wanted from this Eir contact was what I signed up for which was [/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]24 month contract[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]12 months €24.99[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]following 12 months €44.99[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]€350 paid straght up[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I have clearly not got this and being put through absolute hell with customer care for trying to sort this problem for literally almost a whole year yet this problem still exists.[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Being an Meteor/Eir customer for over 10 years I have been absolutely shocked at how poor the customer service set up has been and wouldn’t have gone near this contract had I known the experience I would be dealing with. Don’t get me wrong customer service are as nice as pie in the main and do their best but how a situation like mine has not been rectified after all this time and literally hundreds of calls ( I wish I was joking) is damming.[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I am now calling on you boards Eir to sort my issue once and for all and get this contact right which is all I’ve asked for,[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]At this stage I’m starting to feel I shouldn’t be charged for the remainder of my contact, such is the disappointment I’ve had so far with Eir and their customer service, it really is a shame.[/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

EireCelt wrote: »
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Where do I start, I decided last December to look into purchasing a newer IPhone as my previous IPhone was starting to give me problems, after browsing online I noticed an offer that suited me from my current phone provider, Eir, an IPhone 8 Plus with a 24 month contract for €350 straght up and €24.99 for the first 12 months with it been €44.99 for the following 12 months. This offer exists once you have Eir broadband or a home phone with Eir which I have. It was an offer which suited me so I went ahead and purchased it online. [/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]My phone came few days later and everything was smooth and great, or so I thought. My first bill came and was €55.95, I rang customer careline and dealt with a pleasant English chap who looked into my situation and told me not to worry this can happen on the first bill month and “fixed”the issue for me. I went away happy that the problem was fixed, only problem was that it never was and still isn’t.[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Fast forward 11 months, I have been overcharged each month up until 2 months ago after literally hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of calls to customer care over months just trying to get charged what I have agreed to, I have been thrown to every possible team member and told time and again that the problem will be rectified only for it to never be. I had finally got to the bottom of it 2 months ago when finally a manager had finally had the decency to get to the bottom of it and waved the bill until it refunded me mathematically, which doing the math should be €299.88 of savings....but here I am 2 months into not being charged after now receiving an email for €49.88. My trip to hell with Eir has not ended it seems.[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]All I wanted from this Eir contact was what I signed up for which was [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I have clearly not got this and being put through absolute hell with customer care for trying to sort this problem for literally almost a whole year yet this problem still exists.[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Being an Meteor/Eir customer for over 10 years I have been absolutely shocked at how poor the customer service set up has been and wouldn’t have gone near this contract had I known the experience I would be dealing with. Don’t get me wrong customer service are as nice as pie in the main and do their best but how a situation like mine has not been rectified after all this time and literally hundreds of calls ( I wish I was joking) is damming.[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I am now calling on you boards Eir to sort my issue once and for all and get this contact right which is all I’ve asked for,[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]At this stage I’m starting to feel I shouldn’t be charged for the remainder of my contact, such is the disappointment I’ve had so far with Eir and their customer service, it really is a shame.[/font]
    Hi there EireCelt

Thank you for getting in touch with us here on Boards. So sorry to hear about all this and sincerely apologise. I would be more than happy to look into this for you. Send me your full registered name, address, email & DOB in a PM

-Kyle

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭EireCelt

eir: Kyle wrote: »

Hi there EireCelt

Thank you for getting in touch with us here on Boards. So sorry to hear about all this and sincerely apologise. I would be more than happy to look into this for you. Send me your full registered name, address, email & DOB in a PM

-Kyle
    Problem still not solved, still overcharged monthly, please rectify this problem it's now being a whole 13 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

eir: Kyle wrote: »

Hi there EireCelt

-Kyle
    Problem still not solved, still overcharged monthly, please rectify this problem it's now being a whole 13 months.
    Hi EireCelt, 

Sorry to hear this has not been resolved for you. Sincere apologies this has been ongoing for so long. 

Could you PM what you sent to Kyle and I will investigate this for you. 

Grainne

Yet again problem still not settled, Eir are actually charging me even more again now, advice to future customers stay well clear at all costs Eir still havent settled my situition and continue to overcharge me each month they are an absolute disgrace I have been a customer for 13 years and can guarantee I wont be renewing.
    STAY CLEAR

Yet again problem still not settled, Eir are actually charging me even more again now, advice to future customers stay well clear at all costs Eir still havent settled my situition and continue to overcharge me each month they are an absolute disgrace I have been a customer for 13 years and can guarantee I wont be renewing.
    STAY CLEAR
    Hi EireCelt, 

I have responded to your PM. 

Grainne

• Advertisement

Grainne,
    Yes you have however you and Eir have still not sorted my contract issue, my agreed contract was €24.99 for 12 months followed by €44.99 for 12 months why am I still been charged €44.99 for the last 14 months despite ringing Eir literally hundreds of times to fix this problem. I simply want fairness in what I have signed up for and wont stop until I get this.

Grainne,
    Yes you have however you and Eir have still not sorted my contract issue, my agreed contract was €24.99 for 12 months followed by €44.99 for 12 months why am I still been charged €44.99 for the last 14 months despite ringing Eir literally hundreds of times to fix this problem. I simply want fairness in what I have signed up for and wont stop until I get this.
    Hi Eirecelt, 

I have explained all of this in a PM. 

Grainne

Grainne,
    Hi Eirecelt, 

I have explained all of this in a PM. 

Grainne
    That's not true yet again I'm being overcharged it's been 15 months now and Eir have still not fixed my contract. I simply want to be charged what I have signed up for in December 2017 yet Eir are refusing to comply.
    Notice to all future Eir customers AVOID AT ALL COSTS

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Tacklebox

That's not true yet again I'm being overcharged it's been 15 months now and Eir have still not fixed my contract. I simply want to be charged what I have signed up for in December 2017 yet Eir are refusing to comply.
    Notice to all future Eir customers AVOID AT ALL COSTS

I hear you, they're doing the same to a lot of people. I'm changing to Vodafone next time.
    Every time I log into Board's an Eir problem is in the top 20 topics.

4 people I know are just abandoning Eir and stopped their direct debits.

Getting letters but they have proof Eir are not sticking to their side of the contract.

So if it went legal, the judge would throw it out...

One of them is s barrister

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

I'd suggest your best course of action is email a formal complaint and request an official ComReg recognised complaint number to:

ccm@eir.ie

If the problem is not resolved within 10 days, escalate to ComReg at:

consumerline@comreg.ie

This of course if not guaranteed to work but Eir is sensitive to this route since
    ComReg track and publish the number of complaints that are lodged via this process.

Include account details, address, DOB and confirm you are the account holder.

Please keep us updated.

• Advertisement
Advertisement