Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temp Agencies- Are they BS?

Options
  • 22-10-2018 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have once again found myself back on the dole and looking for employment.

So to ease myself back into it I have been applying mostly to temp jobs from the recruitment agencies on Irishjobs.ie

I believe my experience meets the requirements of the positions I apply for as they are often quite broad and accessible.

Problem is I almost never hear anything back from these agencies.

In fact, I often see the same jobs post almost perpetually.

So, all this leads me to suspect that these jobs don't really exist. At least not specifically.
    More so that these agencies just want to keep there profile up by constantly being present of Jobs website regardless....

Very frustrating for a job seeker.

Does anyone have any thoughts or insight into this?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

Are you male?

Are you applying for receptionist type positions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭sully123

OMM 0000 wrote: »
    Are you male?

Are you applying for receptionist type positions?

I am male.

I guess Yes.
    Generally admin posts some of which mention receptions duties

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

They want women. I'm sorry.

They're not allowed say it in the advert, so they'll just ignore your application.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

It's a pretty soul destroying role but there are always vacancies in Call Centres.

Are you in Cork? I see Voxpro are taking people on? Actually I think they have a place in Dublin also

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Panjandrums

sully123 wrote: »
    I am male.

I guess Yes.
    Generally admin posts some of which mention receptions duties

Have you thought about working as a construction site clerk?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭sully123

Have you thought about working as a construction site clerk?

Thats actually related to my degree. LOL
    Good suggestion.

I do see a lot on construction jobs advertised recently

• Registered Users Posts: 24,381 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

It's a pretty soul destroying role but there are always vacancies in Call Centres.

Are you in Cork? I see Voxpro are taking people on? Actually I think they have a place in Dublin also

you can say that again

and those 'senior' staffers in there are usually a collection of the biggest to$$ers ever to walk the earth..

I lasted one morning on the phones with some crowd down on the model farm road. Can't remember their name but they had been subcontracted to sell accidental death insurance on behalf of Barclaycard..

Walked out at lunch time.

Anyone who stands the test of time in a call centre is a peculiarity to me..

Advertisement