Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling with Porridge Query!!

Options
  • 22-10-2018 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

I am travelling to a marathon soon and will be travelling with Aer Lingus with hand luggage.

I have a fairly sensitive stomach and have finally found porridge that i can eat and not have any issues running with afterwards. Is it ok to bring porridge as hand luggage?

I was going to put it into a ziplock bag - but im afraid it will look like cocaine on a scanner!!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

ToriV wrote: »
    I am travelling to a marathon soon and will be travelling with Aer Lingus with hand luggage.

I have a fairly sensitive stomach and have finally found porridge that i can eat and not have any issues running with afterwards. Is it ok to bring porridge as hand luggage?

I was going to put it into a ziplock bag - but im afraid it will look like cocaine on a scanner!!

Thanks!

As long as your not planning to add the water before take off you're grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭ToriV

sideswipe wrote: »
    As long as your not planning to add the water before take off you're grand.

Great - thanks. Thats what i thought, but wanted to see if anyone had tried it. Hate to feck myself up with different food so close to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Down South

ToriV wrote:
    Great - thanks. Thats what i thought, but wanted to see if anyone had tried it. Hate to feck myself up with different food so close to it.

travelled with it many times in hand luggage

Down South wrote: »
    travelled with it many times in hand luggage

That's great to know! Did you put it just in the bag or out with the liquid stuff? since its dry i assume in the bag?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Depends where you're going - some countries have restrictions on organic matter, and many have restrictions on seeds (which is what porridge is!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭daydorunrun

I wouldn't chance it in the hand language OP. Have you considered putting it in some condoms and swallowing them:D

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.” Homer.

I wouldn't chance it in the hand language OP. Have you considered putting it in some condoms and swallowing them:D

:):):) i have...desparate times and all that!

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭overthebridge

Have you thought about bringing a couple of the Quick Oat tubs.
    I have brought these through both Shannon and Dublin airports with no issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Down South

ToriV wrote:
    That's great to know! Did you put it just in the bag or out with the liquid stuff? since its dry i assume in the bag?

just in bag

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Huzzah!

I just brought it in its original packaging in my hand luggage and had no issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 goodtiming

Like the OP I'm travelling to a marathon in December.

I use tail wind in 2 X 300ML bottles and I was afraid they might get stopped even though they are empty.

Does anyone know if you're allowed to carry empty bottles on a flight?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Accidentally

Brought porridge through out through Dublin in checked luggage a fair few times to EU. Never any problems. For US or outside EU I would declare it on the landing forms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Huzzah!

goodtiming wrote: »
    Like the OP I'm travelling to a marathon in December.

I use tail wind in 2 X 300ML bottles and I was afraid they might get stopped even though they are empty.

Does anyone know if you're allowed to carry empty bottles on a flight?

I did without any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 goodtiming

Huzzah! wrote: »
    I did without any problems.

That's great.....I was worried it would completely scupper my planning.....I use them on every long run so it would be hard to do something different on the day.

Cheers for the info.

Advertisement