Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self build mortgage

Options
  • 22-10-2018 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

Hi, I am in the process of applying for a self build mortgage with BOI. After submitting all documents last week, I have just been informed that the bank will require a 10% contingency and a €15,000 retention on top of that.
    This is the first time I've heard mention of the retention.

Is this normal practice for BOI?

Many thanks

Sarah

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

sarah88 wrote: »
    Hi, I am in the process of applying for a self build  mortgage with BOI. After submitting all documents last week, I have just been informed that the bank will require a 10% contingency and a €15,000 retention on top of that.
    This is the first time I've heard mention of the retention.

Is this normal practice for BOI?

Many thanks

Sarah

Hi There,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here. Self Build Mortgages are dealt with on a case by case basis. If you would like to the discuss the specifics of your application you can certainly contact our Mortgage team on 01 611 3333 and one of our advisors will be more than happy to discuss this with you.

Thanks Jen

Advertisement