Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is eir such a shambles?

Options
  • 22-10-2018 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

I can not get through to the home move team, the billing department or customer care.

I recently moved home and had to do a sim swap that was a saga in itself but today I got a text telling me my account would be suspended as I had unusually high activity.

Turns out (according to credit control, who I could contact) that I was charged for ending our mobile contract early €830!!!! 

We moved these mobiles to the new eir account.

Think I can get to talk to anyone about it!

So if its not rectified by month end they will try and take €830 from my account for nothing. The money may or may not be there. If it is I will be skint and if its not it will bounce, I will be charged €12 by the bank and have a black mark on my credit record.

Anyone from eir able to help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Titanucd wrote: »
    I can not get through to the home move team, the billing department or customer care.

I recently moved home and had to do a sim swap that was a saga in itself but today I got a text telling me my account would be suspended as I had unusually high activity.

Turns out (according to credit control, who I could contact) that I was charged for ending our mobile contract early €830!!!! 

So if its not rectified by month end they will try and take €830 from my account for nothing. The money may or may not be there. If it is I will be skint and if its not it will bounce, I will be charged €12 by the bank and have a black mark on my credit record.

I'm in a similar boat, Eir's left hand doesn't seem to know what the right one is doing.

Here's the direct number for the move team, I was 25 minutes on hold trying to get through to them on the 1901 number. 1800 242 535.

The supervisor is off today and won't be able to help us until tomorrow unfortunately.

If you ring your bank and explain to them why you're cancelling the DD they won't charge you the 12 quid. I don't know about your credit rating though.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Titanucd

Titanucd wrote: »

I'm in a similar boat, Eir's left hand doesn't seem to know what the right one is doing.

Here's the direct number for the move team, I was 25 minutes on hold trying to get through to them on the 1901 number. 1800 242 535.

The supervisor is off today and won't be able to help us until tomorrow unfortunately.

If you ring your bank and explain to them why you're cancelling the DD they won't charge you the 12 quid. I don't know about your credit rating though.

Best of luck.
    Thanks! More proper info from one internet post than from anyone in eir! I'll just try do a bit of work first then  ring them on that number!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Titanucd

Well I spoke to the home move team who assure me that the amount wont be taken this was just now so hopefully thats sorted!

Advertisement