Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I need to give cancellation notice?

Options
  • 22-10-2018 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46,127 ✭✭✭✭

My contract for home phone and fibre BB hasnt that much longer to run and if I was moving to another provider, say Sky for example, would I need to give a cancellation notice?

Also my phone and broadband were taken over on different dates (about 10 days apart) last year so how do I know which date my contract started on?

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

muffler wrote: »
    My contract for home phone and fibre BB hasnt that much longer to run and if I was moving to another provider, say Sky for example, would I need to give a cancellation notice?

Also my phone and broadband were taken over on different dates (about 10 days apart) last year so how do I know which date my contract started on?

Cheers.
    Hi there muffler

When you're in a contract, you need to give 30 days notice or ECC charges can apply. If your end date is different for your phone is different to your BB, I would suggest calling 1901 to confirm exactly what the end dates are for each service. They will also be able to advise you on what your options are and how to either cancel or switch.

-Kyle

Advertisement