Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Genuine error made transferring money

Options
  • 22-10-2018 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi everyone
    I hope someone can help me.
    My partner is a customer of BOI and recently bought machinery in UK. We decided to pay via bank transfer and the company issued an invoice in Euro. I proceeded to do the transfer through 365 online service but made the transfer through International transfer instead of SEPA (as the invoice was in euro so we were paying in euro). The confusion happened because it was a UK bank but Euro account. Anyway I made the transfer (quite alot of money) in sterling and the bank obviously charged me for the sterling but I didnt need sterling! The company contacted us 2 days later to say the money was short and then we realised our error!! The banking conversion fee for the money was almost 1k which we are out of pocket We have tried to speak to the bank but they say it was our fault (which we accept) but it was a genuine costly mistake... Any suggestions? TIA

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

T9943 wrote: »
    Hi everyone
    I hope someone can help me.
    My partner is a customer of BOI and recently bought machinery in UK. We decided to pay via bank transfer and the company issued an invoice in Euro. I proceeded to do the transfer through 365 online service but made the transfer through International transfer instead of SEPA (as the invoice was in euro so we were paying in euro). The confusion happened because it was a UK bank but Euro account. Anyway I made the transfer (quite alot of money) in sterling and the bank obviously charged me for the sterling but I didnt need sterling! The company contacted us 2 days later to say the money was short and then we realised our error!! The banking conversion fee for the money was almost 1k which we are out of pocket We have tried to speak to the bank but they say it was our fault (which we accept) but it was a genuine costly mistake... Any suggestions? TIA

Hi T9943,

Thanks for getting in touch with us. I believe we have answered this query on a previous thread. Please see the link attached to find our response.  https://goo.gl/yTFcjH

Please feel free to reach out to us if you require help with anything else.

Thanks Jen

Advertisement