Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC alarm Faults

Options
  • 22-10-2018 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

HKC internal keypad started beeping after midnight - on more than one occasion to warn me of a fault - loud enough to wake me up and there was no way of stopping it (until it stopped itself)as far as I could tell, so it was very annoying

It was a LAN link fault, so from what I have read, this is a connection to WiFi problem ??

So question 1 - is there anyway of stopping the beeping when this happens? it happened on a few occasions. All I could try was enter my PIN and it told me I had a fault and to contact my engineer... that's great advice when its very early AM:mad:

question 2, I thought the GSM connection would take over even if the WiFi connection failed, is this not the case? BTY, from what I could see, my router was working ok at the time, would it be best to request my engineer deactivate the WiFi connection path now and rely solely on the GSM? My broadband connection is not fibre, but it does work fine 99.999999% of the time.

question 3. If the alarm had been armed at the time, would this LAN link fault have triggered the alarm to activate?

Just looking through the log have also had GSM line fault and a LAN SCOM flt in the past.

Any opinions on the above as to what needs to be done?:)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The system should switch over to GSM if your wifi is down. It also should be an international SIM card that should roam on any network.

However from listening to many other installers there have been a lot of network issues with HKC panels in recent months.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭baby fish

KoolKid wrote: »
    The system should switch over to GSM if your wifi is down. It also should be an international SIM card that should roam on any network.

However from listening to many other installers there have been a lot of network issues with HKC panels in recent months.

As far as I know there is an international sim in it ... anyway of checking ? Suppose if I turn off the router and see if I can still control via the app....

Yea I've seen it discussed in posts on here before, so just wondering is there a n actual solution to this problem... ive asked someone else with similar setup, it hasn't happened to their alarm, so is it really the server (which would have a nationwide effect if it was down?) or just something with my installation?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I have heard that there is a fix in their new version 4 release.
    How a software upgrade solves a problem with the network providers , I dont know/:confused::rolleyes:

The issues do seem to be widespread when they happen but not a complete outage.
    This is one of the reasons I prefer the systems with faster polling.

Ok thanks, is there a way for me to check what version I have?
    (its locked with engineer code)

working fine again at moment anyway but I will have to get engineer to have a look at it anyway.... don't want it to happen again...

Unless its very recent its more than likely version 3.

• Advertisement

only installed Few weeks now...….unless the panel was sitting in the back of the van/store for a long time before installation - if that would make a difference to the version:confused:

If you want to check power cycle the panel . The splash screen on power up will display the version.

If its only installed a few weeks your installer should really be sorting these issues for you.

Advertisement