Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man Utd Thread

Options
  • 22-10-2018 5:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭

I have been banned from the Man Utd Thread, no real reason given to me and dont know why?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

If you were thread banned, and you don’t understand why, I’d recommend sending a PM to the mod asking them to help you understand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

dudara wrote: »
    If you were thread banned, and you don’t understand why, I’d recommend sending a PM to the mod asking them to help you understand.

i asked and the reply was banned for "General posting style and timing of posts"

i asked for an example and was told "you posted, rather spontanously, about Pogba (Had he rescued Jose?). Whether it was intentional or not, an off the cuff remark like that was going to inflame the discussion"

it was a link i copied directly off sky sports after the Man Utd Newcastle game where utd were losing 2-0 and pulled it back to win 3-2 and Pogba went onto win the man of the match award

i think its extremely unfair and unjust to be banned for something like that when all i did was post a link direct from sky sports and was a fact

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You were told on 2 October 2018 not to post in the recently started Manchester United Superthread. I believe this was an alternative to giving you a yellow card which would have resulted in a 2 week forum ban. I understand you chose to ignore the threadban and posted a couple of times in the thread. As a result one of the mods did PM you but you continued to ignore the warnings and the mods issued a 2 week forum ban. Even when back frim the forum ban you chose to ignore the thread ban and posted there yet again. You are fortunate the mods did not escalate the sanction there and then, but they did decide to be lenient

Currently the ban will last through the term of the current United thread. However I would suggest you PM the relevant mod with a view to ascertaining how you may be allowed to post again. I think a change in posting style will go a long way to avoiding some of the issues you have caused in those particular threads (both the current and prior United Supethreads), and indeed avoid the escalating penalties you would be subject to by ignoring mod instructions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Beasty wrote: »
    You were told on 2 October 2018 not to post in the recently started Manchester United Superthread. I believe this was an alternative to giving you a yellow card which would have resulted in a 2 week forum ban. I understand you chose to ignore the threadban and posted a couple of times in the thread. As a result one of the mods did PM you but you continued to ignore the warnings and the mods issued a 2 week forum ban. Even when back frim the forum ban you chose to ignore the thread ban and posted there yet again. You are fortunate the mods did not escalate the sanction there and then, but they did decide to be lenient

Currently the ban will last through the term of the current United thread. However I would suggest you PM the relevant mod with a view to ascertaining how you may be allowed to post again. I think a change in posting style will go a long way to avoiding some of the issues you have caused in those particular threads (both the current and prior United Supethreads), and indeed avoid the escalating penalties you would be subject to by ignoring mod instructions

a yellow card for what?

i got an email this morning saying ban was lifted, i thought i could post again

i give my opinion on man utd related things and get annoyed when posters reply with silly gifs.... i will just put them on ignore in future

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You got an e-mail this morning confirming your forum ban was over. Your thread ban remains until rescinded or the thread is closed

Please engage with the mod to see if you can provide an assurance over your posting in the thread that could see the mod lifting the threadban

• Advertisement
Advertisement