Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Major Issues with Eir TV & Broadband

Options
  • 22-10-2018 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

#Eir,

Can someone please get in touch to provide some assistance on my account. I have had ongoing issues since I signed up to Eir on August 11th.

I began receiving assistance from the store manager in a Dundrum (Graham) in August but he has since left and the new manager has avoided me over the last 2 weeks, provided no help and been extremely ignorant when I have been in contact as he was unaware of my issue previous to joining that store.

Given there is no email outlet to communicate through, webchat are unable to assist and I am sick of holding for >30 mins for an agent to answer can someone from #Eir do me the courtesy of responding on here.

Thanks,

Ronan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Hi Ronan,

Can you advise of the exact issue you're experiencing?

Thanks,

Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ronan2018

eir: Sarah wrote: »
    Hi Ronan,

Can you advise of the exact issue you're experiencing?

Thanks,

Sarah

I have had ongoing issues with my Eir services ever since initially switching and these have been ongoing for >2 months. I have logged a number of complaints over the last 2+ months both online, over the phone and in store. My Eir TV and Broadband package was initially installed on 23rd August having been signed up for on 11th August. I was given "refurbished equipment" which was defective and the service was not available for a number of weeks following installation. At the same time of the initial installation, the technician disconnected my Sky TV and Broadband package, instead of porting over and I got stuck with 2x bills but had neither TV/Broadband services from Sky nor Eir from the 23rd August. After a number of weeks with no services an Eir technician eventually came out to repair/provide new equipment (I was then charged a Service Fee for this). During this period the manager of the Dundrum store (Graham) was providing assistance and promised a number of things in order to assist/apologise for the whole ordeal. To give a background:

1. Eir was signed up for on Aug-11 in store in Dundrum. It was finally installed on Aug-23 but neither TV nor Broadband worked; at the same time the technician disconnected my Sky TV and Broadband when connecting Eir (should have ported this over instead of a new connection).
    2. I had no access to either my existing Sky TV/Broadband nor Eir for >2 weeks and found the entire process to fix this entirely unsatisfactory - constantly left on hold, or webchat would send me around in circles. None of the customer service or technical support teams made any effort to assist and on two occasions I arranged for myself or a family member to be present in my home for a technician to come out and fix the issue only for them to no-show. Only when I contacted ComReg did I get anywhere.
    3. Following all of this I was then charged by Eir for the period when I had no service (I was also charged by Sky even though I couldn’t access my Sky TV or Broadband the entire time because this was disconnected when the technician did the Eir install).
    4. Having spoken to Eir through the store in Dundrum; via online chat and numerous calls (incl. calls that were charged at a premium rate to technical support from my Eir mobile to 1890 260 260) I was promised a number of things that have not been borne out. The whole process was extremely time consuming and very frustrating.
    5. I was told in store that my Eir would not be charged until the service was working (I was charged); I was told that as an apology I would have the first month complimentary (I have been charged in fact I was also overcharged during this period); I was told I would be offered a complimentary upgrade on my TV package (new store manager in Dundrum reneging on this); and I was told my Sky bill would be credited by Eir for the period this was disconnected by the technician and I had no access to it (new store manager in Dundrum reneging on this).
    6. The store manager at the time, Graham who I had been dealing with in Dundrum and who was helpful has since left the store and the new manager, who has been obnoxious to deal with, has ignored my requests to make contact and has now advised he will not make good on the promises of the former manager, Graham. I have been told a credit has been applied to my account for the overcharge on my original bill and for the Service Charge related to the technican but nothing further will be provided based on agreements with the previous manager - if it was not for this I would have remained with Sky and cancelled the useless Eir service during the 14day cooling off period. In essence I have had to pay bills for when I had no service because I was given defective equipment and couldn't even stick with my previous provider because this was disconnected.

Since Sept. 18th I have been trying to arrange with both the previous manager and the current manager in store in Dundrum to follow through on the promises of (i) the credit for the complimentary month as promised by the store manager; (ii) the credit for the Sky bill for the period that was disconnected (24-Aug to 24-Sep); and (iiii) the promised upgrade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

Hi there Ronan2018

Would you mind sending me the following information via PM and I'll see what I can do for you from here. I will have to get this escalated back to the Dundrum store

1. Registered name on account
    2. Full registered address
    3. Email address
    4. DOB
    5. Confirm that you are the account holder

-Kyle

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ronan2018

eir: Kyle wrote: »
    Hi there Ronan2018

Would you mind sending me the following information via PM and I'll see what I can do for you from here. I will have to get this escalated back to the Dundrum store

3. Email address
    4. DOB

-Kyle

Sent you a PM earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

Ronan2018 wrote: »
    eir: Kyle wrote: »
    Hi there Ronan2018

3. Email address
    4. DOB

-Kyle

Sent you a PM earlier.
    Thank you Ronan2018

I will respond to you there

-Kyle

• Advertisement
Advertisement